If I call to change the start day of my ticket to a cheaper day, and at the same time add an additional day to my ticket (thus it isn't a cheaper ticket), will I get the benefit of the cheaper start day?
You'll be charged whatever that ticket costs on that cheaper start day, minus the Disney gate price for the ticket you already have. So, yes you will get the benefit of the cheaper start day, but you'll probably pay more overall because you're adding a day. It depends on how many days you already have and how much the new ticket costs.

You'll be charged whatever that ticket costs on that cheaper start day, minus the Disney gate price for the ticket you already have. So, yes you will get the benefit of the cheaper start day, but you'll probably pay more overall because you're adding a day. It depends on how many days you already have and how much the new ticket costs.
Thank you, that's exactly what I wanted to know before I called!

With the new AP prices that came out today, does anyone know how much renewing the IncrediPass will be going forward?

With the new AP prices that came out today, does anyone know how much renewing the IncrediPass will be going forward?
If things go the way they've gone in the past, the renewal price of the IncrediPass will be the current price (whatever that will be at the time of renewal) minus a 15% discount.

Any other geniuses here who didn’t renew their AP as soon as their 60 day window opened? I was unsure, decided to last week and then didn’t do it right away. Always to nice to know when you’re not alone in unfortunate decisions 😂

$1309 including tax so they kept the discount.
I hadn't even thought that they'd remove the discount. Whew! Glad they didn't.

In case anyone wants to know, when I renewed my IncrediPass at the end of May, with the 15% discount, the price was $1,266.29 (including tax). With the new price, that'd be a "mere" $43 increase to $1,309. Really, with the way prices are going not just at WDW but everywhere, that's not so terrible. Assuming the price doesn't increase again before my renewal window opens on May 31st. Fingers crossed.

Edited for clarity.

Just recently purchased our first AP, although our trip is not until January 2024. I've read conflicting info online regarding activating the AP. I've read that I have to first go to guest relations at one of the parks (not at our resort) to have it activated before going to our first theme park. But I've also read that I don't need to go to GR to activate... all we have to do is tap our magic bands at the park entrance and that will activate the AP. Can anyone confirm what the current rule is. I'd prefer not to have to go to Guest Relations if it isn't necessary, but I also don't want go directly to the park entrance and get denied entry.

Second AP question... when I purchased my AP online I added the photopass option. So does that get me all our photopass pictures INCLUDING the ride photos?

Third AP question... when going to the different park entrances is there a special line/turn style for AP's to go in for any reason? Or do we just get in any line like all the other guests? For some reason I feel like I've seen a sign at Magic Kingdom that said AP entrance. Am I wrong?

Forth AP question... there will be 6 people in our traveling party with 5 out of the 6 having their own AP's. When we're at a table service restaurant can all 6 of us be put on one check and get the 10% discount? I read somewhere that an AP holder can only add 3 other people to their check for the 10% discount. But if we all have AP's can't we just put everyone on one check? Seems more of a pain for the Cast Member to split up the checks if it doesn't need to be.

Thanks! Any other tips for getting the most out of your AP would be appreciated!

I can answer question 3 only. Yes, there are dedicated AP entrances at all the parks, however, this doesn't necessarily mean the line will be shorter. I use it sometimes and sometimes not.

Just recently purchased our first AP, although our trip is not until January 2024. I've read conflicting info online regarding activating the AP. I've read that I have to first go to guest relations at one of the parks (not at our resort) to have it activated before going to our first theme park. But I've also read that I don't need to go to GR to activate... all we have to do is tap our magic bands at the park entrance and that will activate the AP. Can anyone confirm what the current rule is. I'd prefer not to have to go to Guest Relations if it isn't necessary, but I also don't want go directly to the park entrance and get denied entry.

Second AP question... when I purchased my AP online I added the photopass option. So does that get me all our photopass pictures INCLUDING the ride photos?

Third AP question... when going to the different park entrances is there a special line/turn style for AP's to go in for any reason? Or do we just get in any line like all the other guests? For some reason I feel like I've seen a sign at Magic Kingdom that said AP entrance. Am I wrong?

Forth AP question... there will be 6 people in our traveling party with 5 out of the 6 having their own AP's. When we're at a table service restaurant can all 6 of us be put on one check and get the 10% discount? I read somewhere that an AP holder can only add 3 other people to their check for the 10% discount. But if we all have AP's can't we just put everyone on one check? Seems more of a pain for the Cast Member to split up the checks if it doesn't need to be.

Thanks! Any other tips for getting the most out of your AP would be appreciated!
1) yes unless you have any other tickets in your account and you will need GR to set the AP as priority.

2) Yes, you get ride photos and any photographer experiences.

3) Like above, I just go with the shorter line - whether it is labeled AP or not. There isn't an advantage to the AP lines IMO.

4) Not sure what the limit is for checks to get the 10%. I always do split checks when I go or have a party less than 4 people.

You need a theme park reservation for a different park before hopping to MK on a Saturday or Sunday. Or a theme park reservation for MK if not planning an earlier park.
Thank you for the clarification!
We were under the impression we needed a park res at a different park anyway, like we had to do with Park Hopper day tickets. Do you not need to make park reservations with an Incredi-Pass outside of the scenarios stated above? (Kind of a moot point come Jan 9 anyway, I think)

Thank you for the clarification!
We were under the impression we needed a park res at a different park anyway, like we had to do with Park Hopper day tickets. Do you not need to make park reservations with an Incredi-Pass outside of the scenarios stated above? (Kind of a moot point come Jan 9 anyway, I think)
You can go to the parks without a reservation after 2pm except for MK on weekends. TBH I always make a reservation anyway. It can be done minutes before you tap in. Not a hassle to me.

Do you not need to make park reservations with an Incredi-Pass outside of the scenarios stated above? (Kind of a moot point come Jan 9 anyway, I think)
If you wish to enter any park prior to 2pm on any day, you DO need a theme park reservation.
If you are entering MK after on a Saturday or Sunday, you DO need a theme park reservation (either for MK or for a different park that you entered earlier in the day).

Come January 9th -- APs (including Incredi-Pass) will continue with the above rules.

If you wish to enter any park prior to 2pm on any day, you DO need a theme park reservation.
If you are entering MK after on a Saturday or Sunday, you DO need a theme park reservation (either for MK or for a different park that you entered earlier in the day).

Come January 9th -- APs (including Incredi-Pass) will continue with the above rules.
It was my understanding that from January 9th, an AP holder will be able to park-hop at any time of day, the only restriction being that you would have to enter your reserved park first before hopping (assuming it wasn't a good-to-go day). And that the 2 pm restriction for entry to a hopped park would apply only if the AP holder has no park reservation. Although the Saturday and Sunday MK AP restrictions would still apply. Have I misunderstood this? Or perhaps gotten my info from an unreliable source?

I wrote to WDW a couple months ago, pointing out that an Incredi-Pass holder staying on-site is tantamount to a date-based ticket holder. That is, Disney knows when you'll be there. It's not like you're showing up unexpectedly. I thought they'd change the rules, but, alas, they have only slightly amended them.

I'll be interested to see how making G+ selections at a non-reserved park will work for AP holders after January 9th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter