I bought a 4 day hopper pass I’ll be using soon at WDW. Just found out I’ll get to go back to WDW for 4 days in 11/2023, & 4 days in early 8/2024. Can I convert my current 4 day Hopper Pass into an annual pass while I’m on my coming up trip? If so where do I do that & is there someone there that can help me with the details to see if that’s even a smart financial option.
Thanks!
Yes, you can upgrade the current 4-day ticket to an AP. It can be done at Guest Services or a ticket window at any park or DS. Just do the math first and make sure it’s actually a savings - look up ticket prices for your exact dates online.

Do all members of our party need to be present at guest services to activate their annual passes? I was hoping to leave everyone at the resort pool on our arrival day and go to the International Gateway and get them activated by myself.
What kind of APs? AFAIK, an incredi-pass does not need anything special done and will “activate” on first use. If it’s a FL Resident AP, each adult must be present and show ID; an adult with FL ID must be present for kids’ Florida resident APs. I’ve read conflicting reports about DVC APs - whether one can activate for household members or not. Maybe a DVC member will chime in.

planning to getting WDW an AP very soon. do I have to pay for parking before activating the AP at the park of my choosing?

I swear I've tried searching but for some reason I'm not fining it- what is the renewal discount right now? I have an Incredi-Pass, if memory serves last renewal they were offering 15% off vs the price of a new pass...

Hello! I have a quick question about upgrading to APs. We currently have park hopper plus water park tickets, but want to upgrade to annual passes on our trip next week. Could we use the water park visits, and then upgrade to the sorcerer pass (we are DVC members)? We will most likely not be going to the water parks on our next trip. Thanks!

(Mods please move! My browser zigged out of the AP thread while I was posting...)

We have non-activated APs, arrive later this month on a room-only AP discount, have done online check-in (which I'm thinking we should not have done), and are not doing a park day on our arrival day. I called VIPassholder Support and they told us to head to Guest Relations on arrival day to activate and get our physical passes (as a supplement to our MagicMobile versions) so that we can get dining and merch discounts on arrival day. My question is, how does check-in work when you're activating your APs on arrival day? In the before times, that didn't present a problem, we were just asked to present our activated APs before the end of the day at the front desk. However a previous poster says checking in before your APs are activated will revert your rate to rack. Can anyone clarify? (If it matters, and I don't know why it would, we're staying club level at Coronado.) Many thanks!

What kind of APs? AFAIK, an incredi-pass does not need anything special done and will “activate” on first use. If it’s a FL Resident AP, each adult must be present and show ID; an adult with FL ID must be present for kids’ Florida resident APs. I’ve read conflicting reports about DVC APs - whether one can activate for household members or not. Maybe a DVC member will chime in.
We have Incredipassess. My confirmation email says to go to guest services before using.

Hello! I have a quick question about upgrading to APs. We currently have park hopper plus water park tickets, but want to upgrade to annual passes on our trip next week. Could we use the water park visits, and then upgrade to the sorcerer pass (we are DVC members)? We will most likely not be going to the water parks on our next trip. Thanks!
No. If you use any entitlement on the "old" ticket that same entitlement must be covered on the "new/upgraded" ticket. So if you use any Plus options before upgrading you will have to add the Water Parks option to your AP.

My question is, how does check-in work when you're activating your APs on arrival day? In the before times, that didn't present a problem, we were just asked to present our activated APs before the end of the day at the front desk.
I don't believe it automatically reverts to rack rate, not on check-in day. You've always had 24 hours to show proof of the AP. Just stop by the front desk after you activate the AP. And the computer system may recognize it anyway (I'm not positive on that, though) but good to stop and show it.

(Mods please move! My browser zigged out of the AP thread while I was posting...)

We have non-activated APs, arrive later this month on a room-only AP discount, have done online check-in (which I'm thinking we should not have done), and are not doing a park day on our arrival day. I called VIPassholder Support and they told us to head to Guest Relations on arrival day to activate and get our physical passes (as a supplement to our MagicMobile versions) so that we can get dining and merch discounts on arrival day. My question is, how does check-in work when you're activating your APs on arrival day? In the before times, that didn't present a problem, we were just asked to present our activated APs before the end of the day at the front desk. However a previous poster says checking in before your APs are activated will revert your rate to rack. Can anyone clarify? (If it matters, and I don't know why it would, we're staying club level at Coronado.) Many thanks!
I've never once been asked to show an annual pass when checking in to a WDW resort with an AP room rate. Since you already completed mobile check-in you can completely bypass the desk.

I don't think you have to worry about activating it on arrival day. What if someone arrived at 11pm with AP vouchers when the parks were closed? If the front desk questions you I would just show the voucher and say you'll return to the front desk with proof of activation when you return from the parks the next day.

I'm a non-FLA resident. DVC resale member. I'm considering buying an Incredi-pass because I plan on going to the parks in October (6 days), January (8 days) and at least 10 more days scattered throughout 2024 until next September. I'm guessing my AP will not include park hopping or Genie Plus. Am I right?

Annual pass for non florida resident
Trying to figure if it’s worth it for me

Lots of questions
Is it 20 percent off all food. Literally everything snacks. Epcot festival booth foods ice cream ?

Is it for a calander year or date of purchase year

Is there always a room discount for hitels

Is swan included

If I buy a pass after having a reservation can it be adjusted

Gift shops discounted? If so everything it only certain things

If I go with others. I need to book room only reservation and others in room need to buy tickets separately. Or ?

Says no blackout dates. But you still need to reserve a park? Even in 2024?

If I book swan on my own thru Marriott do I still get the discount or only if I book thru Disney. As Disney only offers packages not rooms ?

Rooms always at 35 off. Or does it change and all resorts or only select rooms and resorts

Thanks

@golfer1903
I believe food discounts are only at certain locations. There should be a list.

You buy an AP voucher that must be activated within 1 year of purchase or it reverts to a credit. Once activated the AP is valid for 365 days from date of activation.

No there are not always resort discounts and how much of a discount can change. Some resorts, some room categories, some dates may not be available. I'm not sure about the Swan/Dolphin.

If a discount is still available for your resort and dates, it can be adjusted. But you can book an AP discount with just a voucher that hasn't been activated yet. Then show the activated AP within 24 hours of check-in.

I think shopping discounts might be specific locations. I know the Disney Visa discount requires a minimum $50 purchase for the discount to kick-in.

Yes, book a room-only reservation. If others in your room do not have APs they will need to buy separate tickets (not package tickets).

Correct, the Incredi-pass does not have any black-out dates. At this time, WDW has said APs will still need a theme park reservation to enter before 2pm or to enter MK on the weekends. If you are only entering a park after 2pm, a reservation is not needed.

Is swan included
Swan and dolphin do sometimes have AP discounts available. They will have a rate code that you use when you search for available rooms and then if you book an AP rate, I think you'll need to show them your AP when you check in.
So all the shops should offer a discount with no minimum purchase. Be sure to ask them and you'll need to show your AP. There are usually a few exclusions (some limited merchandise), but those should be clearly marked.

Annual pass for non florida resident
Trying to figure if it’s worth it for me

Lots of questions
Is it 20 percent off all food. Literally everything snacks. Epcot festival booth foods ice cream ?

Is it for a calander year or date of purchase year

Is there always a room discount for hitels

Is swan included

If I buy a pass after having a reservation can it be adjusted

If I go with others. I need to book room only reservation and others in room need to buy tickets separately. Or ?

Says no blackout dates. But you still need to reserve a park? Even in 2024?

If I book swan on my own thru Marriott do I still get the discount or only if I book thru Disney. As Disney only offers packages not rooms ?

Rooms always at 35 off. Or does it change and all resorts or only select rooms and resorts

Thanks
There is a rate code to use on the Marriott website directly for the Swolphin hotels. I have used it and you must show your AP and ID at time of check-in to receive the rate. The rate code is QWH. Don't book this hotel through Disney - it is best to book direct with Marriott. This is not necessarily included in Disney's quarterly hotel discounts btw. They operate their own discount program.

A lot of these questions are answer on the Passholder website. I would encourage you to check it out: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passholder-program/

Dining is only 10% off select (mostly) table service restaurants and some places at Disney Springs. No to discounts on festival booths, quick serve in parks, snacks, etc. unless there is a special going on.

The AP is a ticket for you only - not family or friends. They need their own AP or tickets.

Rooms are not always 35% off - this deal varies per season and per hotel.

This is such a personal decision to decide if it "worth it" - it is a large cost and the break even for number of days varies on the type of trip you take. I usually do 3-4 day trips so my break even is about 13-14 days a year if I do a quarterly trip.

I'm considering buying a 14-day magic ticket, from a UK vendor.

Have anyone here recently (in 2023) tried upgrading or bridging that ticket to an AP? if so what was the price?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter