• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Way back, I think it was January 2021, I had a trip planned, tickets bought, and I cancelled the trip due to Covid uneasiness. At the time, the CM I talked to said that I'd have a credit on the tickets. But I didn't save anything, and I don't even know who/where to call. What are my chances of getting any credit? Does anyone know the phone number to call?
Call the exisiting tickets line:
Existing Tickets
(407) 934-7639

Do your best to find any related emails, dates, etc from when you purchased these tickets. If these are the tickets that were given an October 2021 expiration due to Covid, then they might have a hard time finding them, especially if you purchased them through a third party. Don't give up. I spent hours on the phone trying to find the ticket. It was found eventually because I had the email from UT, with some ticket info and dates on it. And from what Disney told me, with these expired tickets, the credited amount will be what the third party reseller paid Disney, and not what you paid the third party reseller.

Has anyone ever bought Disney tickets from the TMobile Tuesday special app! They have a great price on tickets and one would think they would be legit, but I have never heard anyone saying they had bought from them! Just curious!

I messed up and bought the 4-park promo ticket through my professional association, there are no refunds and exchanges. The fine print wasn't there until after the fact. Can I apply the ticket value to an actual 4-day ticket after first entrance?

I am fairly seasoned WDW user and kicking myself for this stupidity.

I did check the top of the sticky but my online website purchased ticket bar code has neither a yellow or blue background, can I go to the Ticket Center at Disney Springs and have whatever needs to be done with verifying my ticket before I go to the parks? The email states that I must bring the email, copy of the gift card used to purchase the ticket with along with my ID to verify the purchase. It is linked to my MDE account and I have park passes, planning on using Magic Band to get into the parks.

I read the sticky posts and still have a question.
1) I bought one 2-day non-hopper ticket to be used in Jun 2023 but was not able to travel. I called and extended the date on that ticket to Jan 2024.
2) I booked a resort/ticket package for Jan 2024. Two travelers staying 8 nights. Purchased two 5-day hopper tickets.
3) I need one 2-day non-hopper ticket for the second traveler. Can I purchase exactly that? OR, since the resort tix are hoppers, do I need to upgrade my original 2-day non-hopper ticket to a hopper and then purchase a 2-day hopper ticket?
Thanks so much!!

I read the sticky posts and still have a question.
1) I bought one 2-day non-hopper ticket to be used in Jun 2023 but was not able to travel. I called and extended the date on that ticket to Jan 2024.
2) I booked a resort/ticket package for Jan 2024. Two travelers staying 8 nights. Purchased two 5-day hopper tickets.
3) I need one 2-day non-hopper ticket for the second traveler. Can I purchase exactly that? OR, since the resort tix are hoppers, do I need to upgrade my original 2-day non-hopper ticket to a hopper and then purchase a 2-day hopper ticket?
Thanks so much!!
It will be much more cost-effective to add 2 days to one ticket than to buy a separate 2-day non-hopper. Adding 2 days to a 5-day ticket will be ~$45+tax vs ~$300 for a 2-day ticket; hopping is the same price whether it's a 5-day ticket or 7-day ticket so no extra charge there.

What I'm not sure is if both guests ultimately want 7 days in the parks, but you did 5 with the package because you already had a 2-day ticket. That's a waste of the 2-day ticket. I recommend you drop the tickets from the package reservation, leaving a basic package (essentially a room-only with package payment/cancellation terms). Then buy each guest the specific ticket they need, using the ticket credit from Jun[Jan] for one -- so a new 7-day ticket for one guest and apply the existing 2-day credit to a 7-day ticket for the other.

The ticket from June [extended to January] cannot be applied to package tickets.

It will be much more cost-effective to add 2 days to one ticket than to buy a separate 2-day non-hopper. Adding 2 days to a 5-day ticket will be ~$45+tax vs ~$300 for a 2-day ticket; hopping is the same price whether it's a 5-day ticket or 7-day ticket so no extra charge there.

What I'm not sure is if both guests ultimately want 7 days in the parks, but you did 5 with the package because you already had a 2-day ticket. That's a waste of the 2-day ticket. I recommend you drop the tickets from the package reservation, leaving a basic package (essentially a room-only with package payment/cancellation terms). Then buy each guest the specific ticket they need, using the ticket credit from Jun[Jan] for one -- so a new 7-day ticket for one guest and apply the existing 2-day credit to a 7-day ticket for the other.

The ticket from June [extended to January] cannot be applied to package tickets.
Thank you so much!!!!! If my calculations are correct, changing the reservation to room only and two 7-day hoppers with a credit for the 2-day tix will save $326 over the package deal with 5-day hoppers, and even more if you consider I was intending to purchase more tickets (a 2-day hopper and an upgrade for the 2-day tix!!). I feel pretty lucky and much better informed today.

Last edited:
I have already purchased a5 day park hopper starting 9/5. Is it possible to upgrade to a 6 day hopper starting 9/4? If so how do I do this?

I have already purchased a5 day park hopper starting 9/5. Is it possible to upgrade to a 6 day hopper starting 9/4? If so how do I do this?

Yes. It depends on where you purchased it from. If purchased directly from Disney, you may be able to do so on MDE, and if that doesn't work, give them a call.

I recently upgraded a 3-day hopper to a 4-day hopper through Undercover Tourist by calling them directly.

Did you purchase your tickets as part of a resort package? If so, my understanding is that you would not be eligible to do this if you're trying to add a day prior to your resort package starting. @lanejudy will correct if I'm wrong but I believe this is what she's said in the past.

Package tickets automatically begin on your check-in date. They cannot be activated earlier.

Standalone tickets, whether purchased directly from WDW or an authorized reseller, can be upgraded -- which basically means any change that would be equal or greater cost. You can add a day (up to 10 total park days), change the start date, add hopping or waterparks, etc. If purchased from an authorized reseller you may need to go back through the reseller if it's a recent purchase. Tickets purchased direct from WDW may be upgraded through MDE or over the phone.

Did you purchase your tickets as part of a resort package? If so, my understanding is that you would not be eligible to do this if you're trying to add a day prior to your resort package starting. @lanejudy will correct if I'm wrong but I believe this is what she's said in the past.

Package tickets automatically begin on your check-in date. They cannot be activated earlier.

Standalone tickets, whether purchased directly from WDW or an authorized reseller, can be upgraded -- which basically means any change that would be equal or greater cost. You can add a day (up to 10 total park days), change the start date, add hopping or waterparks, etc. If purchased from an authorized reseller you may need to go back through the reseller if it's a recent purchase. Tickets purchased direct from WDW may be upgraded through MDE or over the phone.

Ah, packages are a wrinkle I hadn't thought of! Thank you for these additional details.

We are pretty heartbroken here, as it looks like vacation has to be canceled. This was to celebrate DD's/SIL's anniversary, her graduation from grad school, and her 30th birthday, but there are complications at work and it looks like the trip will be off. If they have to cancel their vacation, can they get a refund for park passes purchased directly through Disney? They're going to have to eat money from the DVC points rented, I think, but am hoping that Disney will refund the tickets or hold the value of the tickets until they can travel again. (They also have Universal tickets... gonna have to look into that on the universal boards).

I'm thinking they might offer a credit to be used at a later date, I doubt they could get a cash refund. But let's give someone a chance to offer a more definitive answer. Sure sorry to hear about this leebee.

am hoping that Disney will refund the tickets or hold the value of the tickets until they can travel again.
The standard is a credit. Expired tickets that are fully-unused will retain credit to use towards new tickets. Keep track of ticket numbers and values, because it will disappear from view in MDE (but CMs can see it).

She can try to plead her case for a refund, but consider it pixie dust if she's successful on that.

It has been years since I've done this and I've read the sticky posts but I wanted to confirm that discounted tickets from UT can still be upgraded once used to an AP? The sticky looks like hadn't been updated since 2021

Last edited:
Do all members of our party need to be present at guest services to activate their annual passes? I was hoping to leave everyone at the resort pool on our arrival day and go to the International Gateway and get them activated by myself.

It has been years since I've done this and I've read the sticky posts but I wanted to confirm that discounted tickets from UT can still be upgraded once used to an AP? The sticky looks like hadn't been updated since 2021
Yes, you can update UT tickets, either before or after first use. You’ll receive credit for the price WDW sold the same ticket at the time you bought from UT.

I bought a 4 day hopper pass I’ll be using soon at WDW. Just found out I’ll get to go back to WDW for 4 days in 11/2023, & 4 days in early 8/2024. Can I convert my current 4 day Hopper Pass into an annual pass while I’m on my coming up trip? If so where do I do that & is there someone there that can help me with the details to see if that’s even a smart financial option.
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter