• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Seeing conflicting answers on this question - appreciate any advice!

If I buy a 10 day park hopper today from UT and pay $812.50, do I get the WDW face value of $866.50 (price today) if I upgrade to a DVC annual pass (in person at GS)? Or do they take the $812.50 value and charge the difference?

Seeing conflicting answers on this question - appreciate any advice!

If I buy a 10 day park hopper today from UT and pay $812.50, do I get the WDW face value of $866.50 (price today) if I upgrade to a DVC annual pass (in person at GS)? Or do they take the $812.50 value and charge the difference?
You should get the WDW value.

So I bought my DVC AP on April 13. It originally and until recently showed the expiration date of April 12, 2024. I was on today and my AP now shows December 31, 2024. I realize I only have a voucher at this point.

But the new expiration date is way better as we were originally going to stay starting July 11, 2024.
We have a stay booked for April 12-14 just in case we needed to activate our AP.

I am hoping the December 31, 2024 is real and stays

Anyone else, notice this change to expiration date?

I have some unused 6 day MYW PH passes. I'm not sure when they were bought. How would I find out? I have no idea when. And if before 2016, then it does not matter as I understand the price is set. Is that right?

I have some unused 6 day MYW PH passes. I'm not sure when they were bought. How would I find out? I have no idea when. And if before 2016, then it does not matter as I understand the price is set. Is that right?
WDW went to date-based tickets in 2018. Do your tickets have an expiration date? 2016, 2017 and 2018 tickets had to be used by Dec. of the following year. You can try linking them to MDE, otherwise WDW ticketing can help you determine when your tickets were sold. And yes if prior to 2016 you would get the 2016 value as credit if upgrading them. However if they aren't expired, I recommend using the tickets as-is because even a current 6-day PH will probably cost you at least $200 more than the 2016 value, and a longer ticket will be that much more.

WDW went to date-based tickets in 2018. Do your tickets have an expiration date? 2016, 2017 and 2018 tickets had to be used by Dec. of the following year. You can try linking them to MDE, otherwise WDW ticketing can help you determine when your tickets were sold. And yes if prior to 2016 you would get the 2016 value as credit if upgrading them. However if they aren't expired, I recommend using the tickets as-is because even a current 6-day PH will probably cost you at least $200 more than the 2016 value, and a longer ticket will be that much more.
Thanks very much.

They don't have any expiration date.

I don't want to link them to my account as a sale might be a more preferred option depending on their value to exchange for an AP etc. Bought from UCT. Just don't remember when. Yah. Issue is that 6 days is well beyond our park days on a typical trip. Our last few days of some 10 day no expire PHs will also come to an end. But yah. Having them to hold on to is also a good option.

Silly question but will we be able to use the passholder lines at the tapstyles if I have an AP but my partner has a regular ticket? I know they're not always shorter or faster but I would like to use the option if possible.
I did with my Mom last Spring. I’m AP, she isn’t. I made sure to always go first, a couple times the CM asked are you Annual Passholders before we tapped, I said I am but she’s not and they still let us through without issues each time. Never got the feeling it was an issue. I specifically remember that happening at AK, was glad because the regular lines were kinda long and the AP line was empty.

On our arrival day, we're heading to Epcot/World Showcase - we will also be activating our annual passes when we arrive. Is there a place to activate them at the IG entrance, or is it only possible at the front maingate?

My alternate plan is to stop at Disney Springs immediately as we arrive, but if I could do it at the International Gateway it would save us a stop!

On our arrival day, we're heading to Epcot/World Showcase - we will also be activating our annual passes when we arrive. Is there a place to activate them at the IG entrance, or is it only possible at the front maingate?

My alternate plan is to stop at Disney Springs immediately as we arrive, but if I could do it at the International Gateway it would save us a stop!
That's the best spot! Just before the tapstiles there is a Guest Services window. They'll be the right ones to get your AP activated.

To be clear, the GR at IG is between Security and the tapstyles. Go though Security and turn left to get to GR. Then go through the tapstyles to enter Epcot.

We always do ours here since we're coming from Riviera. Easy and usually less of a wait. Of course, ours are always complicated but they get it taken care of for us.

Does anyone know if I purchased 3-day tickets for my family through undercover tourist in June 2023. Am I able to put value towards the 4 park magic ticket when they are released by calling Disney?

Wanting to clarify for myself about activating a new annual pass -
On the day of my arrival I plan on heading to the MK after checking in to resort - and to activate my AP - I should pass through security and then head to guest services? My mind keeps thinking town hall - but that would be past the entrance.

Wanting to clarify for myself about activating a new annual pass -
On the day of my arrival I plan on heading to the MK after checking in to resort - and to activate my AP - I should pass through security and then head to guest services? My mind keeps thinking town hall - but that would be past the entrance.
You can activate it at a ticket window after passing through security.

Does anyone know if I purchased 3-day tickets for my family through undercover tourist in June 2023. Am I able to put value towards the 4 park magic ticket when they are released by calling Disney?
Normally, you'd be able to modify the original tickets, but I'm guessing these being special tickets, we will not be able to modify into them. I have UCT 4-day tickets... I'm probably going to pay the refund fee and buy new tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter