Planning a trip for early December with grandsons first visit. DW and I will buy APs (DVC members) and we're buying 5 day passes for our adult kids. Can our kids enter the Passholder entrance with us?
I’ve read conflicting reports of this. Sometimes the CMs fuss at guests without APs who use the AP line, sometimes they don’t.
Can we hop with our APs without an additional reservation? Our kids wouldn't be hopping with us.

Hopping doesn’t require a park reservation, so hop away!
We can get PhotoPass for an extra $30 on our AP, is that the same as Memory Maker or is that more?
It’s the same thing. You’ll see photos without watermarks of everyone in your F&F list who has given you permission to see their photos. You can download and share them any way you wish. Only one of you needs the PhotoPass add on to your AP.
any other tips?
Taking the grandkids is the most fun! Try to get them to look up once in a while, like at a couple of the windows on MK Main Street and the various animals on the buildings at AK. That’s what sets WDW apart from other amusement parks.
Thanks,
Tony and Debbie

A few questions -

1. DS guest services looks like it is a zillion miles from SSR. We will arrive to the resort about 8 pm after driving all day. First, would they still be open? Second? Would we even want to walk that far by that point? Lol

2. If #1 is a no go, MK has GS at the gate, too, not just TTC?

3. Anyone successful yet upgrading their military ticket to an AP recently? I'm on the fence.

Thanks! I read the first few pages and didn't see these, but I know they are prob out there somewhere.

A few questions -

1. DS guest services looks like it is a zillion miles from SSR. We will arrive to the resort about 8 pm after driving all day. First, would they still be open? Second? Would we even want to walk that far by that point? Lol

2. If #1 is a no go, MK has GS at the gate, too, not just TTC?

3. Anyone successful yet upgrading their military ticket to an AP recently? I'm on the fence.

Thanks! I read the first few pages and didn't see these, but I know they are prob out there somewhere.
1. DS GS has the same hours as DS.

2. Yes, there is GS at the front of MK on the right side of the entrance taps.

I haven't heard anyone indicating upgrades are not available for military tickets. There are some things to know, however. Salute or MYW? You will lose the big discount of Salute tickets if that's what you have. I think the (not-so-deeply discounted) MYW tickets will hold the discount like other 3rd party tickets, though I'm not sure since MYW no longer has a current ticket price for bridging. But you will need to pay the tax, which likely wasn't charged on the original military tickets.

I haven't heard anyone indicating upgrades are not available for military tickets. There are some things to know, however. Salute or MYW? You will lose the big discount of Salute tickets if that's what you have. I think the (not-so-deeply discounted) MYW tickets will hold the discount like other 3rd party tickets, though I'm not sure since MYW no longer has a current ticket price for bridging. But you will need to pay the tax, which likely wasn't charged on the original military tickets.
Thanks! They are just MYM because ding dong me bought them a week before the 2023 Salute announcement. I will see what GS offers when we go. I'm not sure we have enough future plans anyway.

So I purchased a ticket for the Epcot AH for June 22 than I added a 3 day reservation at WL to my already purchased reservation at GDT for 6/20-6/25..and I see that there is an evening extended hours event at Epcot while I’m at WL so while I was at HS yesterday I asked a guest services CM if I could come back this morning and change my Epcot AH ticket to a MNSSHP ticket and I was told no. Is this really correct or should I call and ask again?

My son and his GF have 9-day PH tickets--but I mistakenly dated them for next Thursday. We actually fly in mid-afternoon Wednesday, so I was hoping they could join us at MK for Extra Hours. I went to reserve the MK for them today, and 5/3 is not showing up for them, I assume because I 'started' their tickets on 5/4 when I bought them. We always have AP's, so I'm not familiar with how (or if) I can change this???

Any help?

I was able to call and change my start date. Someone else may be aware of a way to change it yourself using the website or app.

Is this really correct or should I call and ask again?

I don't think MNSSHP tickets are available for purchase yet (on sale May 2nd). But it really would be up to the discretion of the CM if they'll do an exchange like AH to MNSSHP. Technically the AH ticket is non-transferrable, non-refundable. That said, CMs do try to work with guests who have a change in travel plans -- whether that gets extended to allowing for a change between the 2 events is probably going to be YMMV.

You can change the start date. If the new date is more expensive, you'll need to pay the difference. If less expensive do not expect a refund. Be aware that if the tickets were originally purchased before the latest price increase (Dec 2022) it could be more expensive to change than you realize.

Wanting to buy park tickets only for January 2024 but not available, can't seem to find an answer as to when they will be available to purchase? Anyone know a date? thanks

You can change the start date. If the new date is more expensive, you'll need to pay the difference. If less expensive do not expect a refund. Be aware that if the tickets were originally purchased before the latest price increase (Dec 2022) it could be more expensive to change than you realize.
Can I do this myself, or do I have to call?

I made the mistake of reserving tickets without rechecking the date. Panicked, I called CS and was told no problem as the tickets hadn’t been used. The new (correct) date was entered and everything turned out ok.

I don't think MNSSHP tickets are available for purchase yet (on sale May 2nd). But it really would be up to the discretion of the CM if they'll do an exchange like AH to MNSSHP. Technically the AH ticket is non-transferrable, non-refundable. That said, CMs do try to work with guests who have a change in travel plans -- whether that gets extended to allowing for a change between the 2 events is probably going to be YMMV.
MNSSHP tickets went on sale at midnight. Many in the Official 2023 MNSSHP thread reporting successfully purchasing today.

Is that an advanced sale? I tried before posting and it said May 2nd for the public.
Tickets are on sale for those with a reservation at a Disney Resort Hotel, Swan, Dolphin, Swan Reserve and Shades of Green.

that being said, I have a linked stay at Pop during party dates and even though signed in to MDE it's not showing that I could purchase tickets if I want to. I believe if I wanted tickets I am eligible, but would need to call and get my situation resolved.

So you are correct that tickets are not yet on sale for all but they are on sale for many.

Thanks! They are just MYM because ding dong me bought them a week before the 2023 Salute announcement. I will see what GS offers when we go. I'm not sure we have enough future plans anyway.
I upgraded 2022 MYW tickets (purchased July 2022 from SOG that would have expired in Jan 2024) with no issue related to the tickets.

Wanting to buy park tickets only for January 2024 but not available, can't seem to find an answer as to when they will be available to purchase? Anyone know a date? thanks
They’ll probably become available when 2024 resort reservations (package and room-only) open up, which is expected to happen in June or July. Keep watching this board and this thread, because I’m sure you’ll see it posted when they do.

MNSSHP tickets went on sale today for AP and guests with resort reservations for stays during party dates.
I called AP phone line this am and they changed my AH ticket to a MNSSHP ticket and I paid the price difference between the 2 tickets.

Can APs be used for food & shopping discounts at resorts or Springs before activating them for first park entry?

Also, am I correct in my assumption that if you can use it for discounts, it doesn’t trigger the clock on expiration?

I might take a quick trip with one of my sons to an after hours event in July and wouldn’t be going to a park during normal hours. But I hope I can take advantage of discounts when eating, etc.

My family is all going on an August trip and I hope to keep our expirations the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter