Has anyone upgraded a ticket that contained memory maker or waterpark option to an AP? Were you required to add either option to the AP if it was present on the original ticket?

Has anyone upgraded a ticket that contained memory maker or waterpark option to an AP? Were you required to add either option to the AP if it was present on the original ticket?
Is this a fully-unused ticket? If so I think you should be able to do an upgrade to "just" the AP (without the add-ons). However if the ticket has been used at all, first it must be within 14 days of first use but still have valid entitlement remaining, and you may be required to upgrade to an AP with the same ticket options (the waterparks and memory maker).

Someone currently at WDW using dated ticket. Last use is today. Purchased AP yesterday and it is assigned to same account. I assume that AP needs to be activated at GS before first use, so entering park today should automatically use that dated ticket first? (In other words, just entering the park with AP voucher on file should not activate that AP?)

Trying to avoid a visit to GS if not necessary.

Someone currently at WDW using dated ticket. Last use is today. Purchased AP yesterday and it is assigned to same account. I assume that AP needs to be activated at GS before first use, so entering park today should automatically use that dated ticket first? (In other words, just entering the park with AP voucher on file should not activate that AP?)

Never assume -- check the app sometime before you leave the park today. If it is wrong, it's MUCH easier to resolve in-person that day than over the phone weeks/months later.

In theory, it will use whatever your park pass for the day is tied to.

I'm lost at whether you upgraded your multi-day ticket to an AP, or if you bought an AP not connected to that ticket.

If you upgraded that day ticket should be gone from your profile and the first day of use for the AP would be backdated to the first day of use for your ticket. No issue.

If it is a stand alone AP, then you must be on top of which one is used. NEVER, ever assume Disney's system will do the logical and right thing, 😂 I speak from experience.

I have a room and ticket package. I selected 8 day tickets without park hopper. Can I change the tickets to 10 day with park hopper? I'm guessing it can be done by calling, but is there a way for me to modify it myself?

I have a room and ticket package. I selected 8 day tickets without park hopper. Can I change the tickets to 10 day with park hopper? I'm guessing it can be done by calling, but is there a way for me to modify it myself?
Do you have a modify option on MDE? If so you can try to modify yourself. I have similar tickets for an upcoming trip but I do not have the option either on the app or online to modify. If I want to change my tickets I will need to call.

Can I change the tickets to 10 day with park hopper?
You can change them but I think you'll need to call. Be aware that you'll be upgrading to current ticket pricing. The last big ticket price increase was Dec. 2022 so if you first made the package reservation before that it may be a larger increase in price to change the tickets.

How do I upgrade an unused 8 day park hopper to an AP (Incredi-Pass)? I've called WDW several times and always got a different answer. I emailed and got a generic reply. In the past I had to do it at Guest Services but I'm not sure if that's changed. My trip is in August. I did not buy the ticket from Disney.

We bought the new AP; when I checked, the annual pass shows up on the card in my wallet but I don’t want to use my phone to tap into the park. I’d much prefer using the magic band.

That said, since my AP is showing up, does that mean I can skip customer service and just tap into the parks on my band as usual when entering a park on the first day?

For whatever reason I got the impression I might have to have a card if I don’t use my phone, but I hope I’m wrong on that. Thoughts?

How do I upgrade an unused 8 day park hopper to an AP (Incredi-Pass)? I've called WDW several times and always got a different answer. I emailed and got a generic reply. In the past I had to do it at Guest Services but I'm not sure if that's changed. My trip is in August. I did not buy the ticket from Disney.

You'll have to do it over the phone or in person at Guest Services. As long as the ticket is unused it should be fine. In theory they will apply the full face value of the ticket to the AP and let you pay the difference (this is called price bridging).

We bought the new AP; when I checked, the annual pass shows up on the card in my wallet but I don’t want to use my phone to tap into the park. I’d much prefer using the magic band.

That said, since my AP is showing up, does that mean I can skip customer service and just tap into the parks on my band as usual when entering a park on the first day?

For whatever reason I got the impression I might have to have a card if I don’t use my phone, but I hope I’m wrong on that. Thoughts?
As long as you have a MB you can just tap in. You won't need to go to Guest Services unless you want to pick up a physical card. But the physical card isn't really necessary, if you want to get the merch discounts you can show the AP on your phone and it's fine.

Question for the board..

My parents have 2 day tickets base tickets purchased from AAA. They are considering going for 2 more days. Anyone know if Disney will be able upgrade those tickets to a 3 or 4 day tickets instead and roughly how much would that be.

Thanks all

Question for the board..

My parents have 2 day tickets base tickets purchased from AAA. They are considering going for 2 more days. Anyone know if Disney will be able upgrade those tickets to a 3 or 4 day tickets instead and roughly how much would that be.

Thanks all
Yes, they can upgrade but they must do so before the 2nd day is used. I'd recommend doing it upon arrival.

The price depends on what time of the year they're going and if they are adding hopper as well.

Yes, they can upgrade but they must do so before the 2nd day is used. I'd recommend doing it upon arrival.

The price depends on what time of the year they're going and if they are adding hopper as well.
Price difference will also depend on when original tickets were purchased. If they were purchased before the last ticket price increase (Dec 2022) they will also need to pay that increased price.

Question for the board..

Thanks all
I think I saw on another thread that your parents are now considering arriving earlier than planned, so I assume the 2 additional days are at the start. You should be able to upgrade the tickets in advance, possibly through MDE but if not by phone. The ticket price will change because you are changing the start date. I suggest you go into the WDW website to price out tickets for 1) the current start date with 2-day tickets 2) the new start date and 4-day tickets. As PP mentioned, if the current tickets were purchased prior to the Dec 2022 price increase they may find a considerable upgrade charge.

We show our FL Resident proof in person since I don't have a FL licence. I show our mortgage statement/bank statement/insurance statement. I usually print these out and bring hard copies. When we visit WDW next we are going to be traveling around a lot beforehand and I was just curious if anyone knows if I can just take photos on my cell of my printed statements and show that so I don't have to worry about where I packed the printed copies. Not sure if that's acceptable or not. Thanks!

We show our FL Resident proof in person since I don't have a FL licence. I show our mortgage statement/bank statement/insurance statement. I usually print these out and bring hard copies. When we visit WDW next we are going to be traveling around a lot beforehand and I was just curious if anyone knows if I can just take photos on my cell of my printed statements and show that so I don't have to worry about where I packed the printed copies. Not sure if that's acceptable or not. Thanks!
I'm curious too since, I have a copy of my FL driver's license on my phone but lost the original. Our trip in a few days so too late to get a new license.

Planning a trip for early December with grandsons first visit. DW and I will buy APs (DVC members) and we're buying 5 day passes for our adult kids. Can our kids enter the Passholder entrance with us? Can we hop with our APs without an additional reservation? Our kids wouldn't be hopping with us. We can get PhotoPass for an extra $30 on our AP, is that the same as Memory Maker or is that more?
any other tips?
Thanks,
Tony and Debbie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter