So I’m considering the new Disney package offer including the dining promo; however, I have an AP which expires on 9/4. I’m looking at booking this trip from 9/3-9/9 and wondering if it would be possible to apply the 7 day tickets that would come with the package toward renewing my AP...I would than use my AP to enter parks on 9/3 and go to guest services to renew my AP. So I wouldn’t have accessed the package tickets at that point.
*would I need to go to guest services before entering any park on the 3rd to make sure that they don’t scan the package tickets instead of my AP?
*Can I use the package tix toward renewing my AP?

according to this one year old response from PlanDisney, yes to using those tickets towards renewal BUT ONLY only towards an AP currently sold.

https://plandisney.disney.go.com/qu...et-dates-used-pay-renewal-annual-pass-492410/

"To clarify, these requirements only apply if you want to use your unused tickets towards your renewal, but you would still be able to renew any Annual Pass even if they are not currently being sold"

So, ultimately it would depend on what type of AP you have and what will be sold (for APs) in September.

Last edited:
Any word on Disney selling DVC annual passes again?
Unfortunately, the only new APs being sold now are the Pixie passes, which are limited to Florida residents. No word on resumption of sales of new APs to anyone else. DVC sales and management are as eager for them to restart DVC APs as anyone else, but it's under control of the Parks division.

Unfortunately, the only new APs being sold now are the Pixie passes, which are limited to Florida residents. No word on resumption of sales of new APs to anyone else. DVC sales and management are as eager for them to restart DVC APs as anyone else, but it's under control of the Parks division.
Thank you for this information.

Does anyone know if I buy an adult ticket, if I can use the value of it towards buying my newly 3 year old an AP? I have some reward points to use up, but the system won't sell me a child ticket without an adult.

Does anyone know if I buy an adult ticket, if I can use the value of it towards buying my newly 3 year old an AP? I have some reward points to use up, but the system won't sell me a child ticket without an adult.

You should be able to, but WDW isn't selling any APs except for Pixie Pass for FL residents. Will you be going to WDW around the time your new 3-year old turns 3? At least at DLR, I've heard there's a time limit (30 days) to get an AP for a new 3-year old. Although at DLR, you can't upgrade over the phone but I've heard you can do that at WDW (upgrade via phone).

You should be able to, but WDW isn't selling any APs except for Pixie Pass for FL residents. Will you be going to WDW around the time your new 3-year old turns 3? At least at DLR, I've heard there's a time limit (30 days) to get an AP for a new 3-year old. Although at DLR, you can't upgrade over the phone but I've heard you can do that at WDW (upgrade via phone).
We all have APs except for the new 3 year old. Last I heard they were still allowing kids who age in to get one?
I hadn’t heard of the 30 day limit though, so I’ll get on it quickly and stop procrastinating.
Thanks!

We all have APs except for the new 3 year old. Last I heard they were still allowing kids who age in to get one?
I hadn’t heard of the 30 day limit though, so I’ll get on it quickly and stop procrastinating.
Thanks!

AFAIK, they still have been letting them do that, but I would expect there's a time limit to it. There is at DLR (that's what I read here on the DIS on the DLR portion of the board).

I am a FL resident AP holder. Am I allowed to purchase FL resident tickets and add to my account for a friend who is coming in from out of town? I am not looking to break any rules which is why I am asking

I am a FL resident AP holder. Am I allowed to purchase FL resident tickets and add to my account for a friend who is coming in from out of town? I am not looking to break any rules which is why I am asking
If your friend is an adult, they must also be a FL resident to use FL resident discounted tickets.

I would be surprised if its linked to anyone. I didn't think WDW had linked tickets back 19 years ago...
she said they took her picture so maybe linked wasn't the right word. i did talk to guest services and they said we should be able to use them for a future trip.

Last edited:
We have Florida Resident Pixie Dust Annual Passes and we are going the weekend of President's Day so we also have the Florida 3 day resident tickets for the weekend since Saturday - Monday are blocked out for AP. We planned on using our AP's on Friday, then our 3 day ticket, Sat, Sun and Mon. How do I make sure that when we visit the park on Friday, they use our AP's for that day versus our 3 day ticket? All are linked in MDE, 3 day tickets are valid any three days 17-21.

I've read thru a ton of posts here but haven't seen this, hoping someone can help. Don't know if we're needing 6 or 7 day base tix for Sept. Buying from UT and they have a sale right now for an additional $5 off per ticket for 6 days. We need 2A & 1C. 6 day with special discount would be 1621.26 (starting 8/30)
7 day isn't discounted but is 1678.81 (starting 8/29)
Disney prices are 1674.53 & 1715.83 (same scenario as above)
Am i correct in figuring that out would be cheaper to buy 6 day UT (on sale now) and add the extra day thru Disney. (To bridge, do you take the cost of 7 day minus 6 day = 41.30 diff) and add that 41.30 to the cost of the 6 day UT (1621.26+41.30=1662.56) which is cheaper than the 7 day UT price? It's only about $15.xx but it's still cheaper, IF i did it right.

I've read through many of these posts, but just want to make sure I am understanding correctly. We usually get APs but I know they aren't available right now. If I purchase tickets through Undercover Tourist and then APs become available again, can I still upgrade to an AP even though I didn't purchase the tickets through Disney? I think I can, but just want to be sure. Thanks.

I've read through many of these posts, but just want to make sure I am understanding correctly. We usually get APs but I know they aren't available right now. If I purchase tickets through Undercover Tourist and then APs become available again, can I still upgrade to an AP even though I didn't purchase the tickets through Disney? I think I can, but just want to be sure. Thanks.
In the past, you could, and currently tickets bought elsewhere can be upgraded now to add hopping or additional days, etc., so hopefully that upgrade potential will extend to APs when they return.

Im going to have two sets of date based tickets. One set is for June and the other for August. Since they are date based, do I have to worry about setting the priority? In June, do I have to stop to see a CM to prioritize?

Okay, I've looked for this information here but can't seem to locate it. I just tried to add park hopper (NOT AN AP) to DH's WDW ticket but I'm unable to online. I purchased the tickets through UT but I know that I have upgraded tickets that I've purchased from UT in the past on the Disney website. All I'm seeing is reassign ticket and no option to change.

Last edited:
Okay, I've looked for this information here but can't seem to locate it. I just tried to add park hopper (NOT AN AP) to DH's WDW ticket but I'm unable to online. I purchased the tickets through UT but I know that I have upgraded tickets that I've purchased from UT in the past on the Disney website. All I'm seeing is reassign ticket and no option to change.
If you are on the app, try the website; or vice versa. Unfortunately, sometimes it simply doesn't show and you'll have to call. No rhyme nor reason as to why sometimes it shows and sometimes it doesn't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter