Trying to figure out what is going to happen when I go to Disney in September. I apologize if this is a silly question. I read through the stickied AP posted, but didn't see it.

I bought an Annual Pass voucher for a Platinum Pass from Sam's Club before a price increase way back in 2019. I haven't activated it. Since then, I feel like everything about Disney Annual Passes has changed. What can I expect when I go to activate this voucher? What kind of AP will I get? Will I have to pay the difference to upgrade to something even though my voucher doesn't expire until 2030? Just trying to figure out what my best steps will be. Also, my annual pass included Memory Maker when I bought it. Will I still get that or do I need to buy Memory Maker separately?

I'm planning on getting a new AP for my husband when we go down too. Is it still better to buy tickets from a ticket reseller and then price-bridge to an Annual Pass or is that not a thing anymore and I should just buy an AP to avoid complications? Can I buy Genie+ in advance with AP?

I'd really appreciate the assistance! We went to Disney in June, but I feel like so much as changed even since then.

EDIT: Just saw they are no longer selling new annual passes, so I guess that answers the questions about my husband. I'll keep an eye out and just buy it if they go on sale again I guess.

Last edited:
I bought an Annual Pass voucher for a Platinum Pass from Sam's Club before a price increase way back in 2019. I haven't activated it. Since then, I feel like everything about Disney Annual Passes has changed. What can I expect when I go to activate this voucher? What kind of AP will I get? Will I have to pay the difference to upgrade to something even though my voucher doesn't expire until 2030? Just trying to figure out what my best steps will be. Also, my annual pass included Memory Maker when I bought it. Will I still get that or do I need to buy Memory Maker separately?
Your Platinum AP voucher will be activated as an Incredi-Pass with PhotoPass Downloads, at no additional charge to you.

@Gizmo74 The May 3 expiration makes no sense with the dates you shared. Something is messed up in their computer. I think it should be an Oct. expiration, 12 months from when you purchased the voucher. Good luck!

Will they upgrade my silver vouchers to sorcerer? The pirate passes are more restrictive than the silver and I already have park reservations (with the silver voucher) booked (on pirate blackout dates) and a whole trip planned.

@Gizmo74 The May 3 expiration makes no sense with the dates you shared. Something is messed up in their computer. I think it should be an Oct. expiration, 12 months from when you purchased the voucher. Good luck!
May was when normal tickets were bought. I upgraded ticket to AP in September. Trip was in October is why my AP expires.

Do regular tickets expire now if not used in a year? In my case they are using the date when tickets where bought and not when it was converted to an AP. I am hoping they will honor the AP and he will have a year of use on the first day he enters in the park.

Did I imagine or did I read that if even a single park has no reservations available that you cannot purchase a multi day ticket that covers that time?

And if so how does that affect upgrading to add a day to a ticket once you've arrived? Would that prevent the upgrade? For example originally had a 6 day hopper to use over a 10 day trip but after arriving wanted to make it 7 days in the parks. If one of the days during that time of use had a sold out park could it still be upgraded? (The purpose would be to go to a park that wasn't sold out of course)

Did I imagine or did I read that if even a single park has no reservations available that you cannot purchase a multi day ticket that covers that time?

And if so how does that affect upgrading to add a day to a ticket once you've arrived? Would that prevent the upgrade? For example originally had a 6 day hopper to use over a 10 day trip but after arriving wanted to make it 7 days in the parks. If one of the days during that time of use had a sold out park could it still be upgraded? (The purpose would be to go to a park that wasn't sold out of course)
I read a post yesterday or this morning from someone who had the exact situation, and the system is not allowing them to add a day to their tickets because park reservations for one day that would be included are full. I think that person was trying to upgrade online, though, not already at the parks, and reservations for all parks are full.

I read a post yesterday or this morning from someone who had the exact situation, and the system is not allowing them to add a day to their tickets because park reservations for one day that would be included are full. I think that person was trying to upgrade online, though, not already at the parks, and reservations for all parks are full.

Thanks. That was what I was afraid of. :(

Perhaps we'll just buy the extra day ahead of time and plan on it or else that it is a premium to not be shut out. This really is ridiculous.

Do regular tickets expire now if not used in a year? In my case they are using the date when tickets where bought and not when it was converted to an AP. I am hoping they will honor the AP and he will have a year of use on the first day he enters in the park.
Regular tickets expire within no more than 14-15 days of the designated "start" date.
Yes, he will have 1 year from the date he activates the AP. It's 1 year to activate, and then valid for 1 year.

Regular tickets expire within no more than 14-15 days of the designated "start" date.
Yes, he will have 1 year from the date he activates the AP. It's 1 year to activate, and then valid for 1 year.

So you're ok if you purchase a ticket for a start date but then end up not entering until the next day?

So you're ok if you purchase a ticket for a start date but then end up not entering until the next day?
Oh yes, just make sure they'll still be "good" for all the days you need them. In Dec. 2020, our family bought 6-day tickets starting 12/18 because they were cheaper than 6-day tickets that started 12/20 when everyone arrived, and they were still good through 12/25, our last day.

Oh yes, just make sure they'll still be "good" for all the days you need them. In Dec. 2020, our family bought 6-day tickets starting 12/18 because they were cheaper than 6-day tickets that started 12/20 when everyone arrived, and they were still good through 12/25, our last day.

Yes, that wouldn't be an issue. We just weren't certain about the first evening but I was concerned if we didn't go in that night that we might have to completely redo the tickets.

We often add the extra day we “might” use in advance even if we might not use it. It avoids having to deal with guest services, and makes it easier to go in for just a short visit without playing the “is it worth it” game.

I bought park tickets two days ago (Monday) and have been trying since then to make a park reservation for our days, but the site is constantly giving me fits and not letting me do so. Is anyone else having similar issues? I hate to call as it'll take hours of my day but at this rate I'm spending that much time trying.

I purchased 5 day single park tickets the last week of June via Maple Leaf. I am trying to add Genie+ to all 5 days, but the app says "Selected tickets have already been upgraded to include Genie+ service". This is not true as Maple Leaf does not sell tickets with Genie+ already added. What am I missing? How do I need to go about adding Genie+? Thanks

We often add the extra day we “might” use in advance even if we might not use it. It avoids having to deal with guest services, and makes it easier to go in for just a short visit without playing the “is it worth it” game.

One of the nice things is that you can now upgrade to add a day via the app. At least when the app works. ;) And there aren't other nuances that are not publicized by DisneyWorld but prevent you from it. The next step they desperately need is to have unused tickets visible to change/upgrade via the app. Or else hire a lot more ticketing CM's to deal with the calls since they don't do this one simple thing.

Two people on this trip. I have 1 day tickets for each. We need 2 days.

Two options: Upgrade each ticket to a 2 day - $156 each, so $312 for both

OR keep the 2 single day tickets and buy one 2 day ticket it was only $283.

Why the difference in price???
Shouldn't the cost to upgrade be the same as a 2 day ticket price? I'm confused

For bridging, what happens if my old ticket is worth more than the new ticket? Do I forfeit the difference in value?

Yes. Sorry.

Any possibility of applying the price of an old ticket to 2 new tickets? Or am I just dreaming?

My understanding is it’s usually one to one, but as @Robo says, you can always “ask nicely.”

Update on this...

Call 1: Was told I'd forfeit the difference in value and that I can NOT apply it to the 2 new tickets. Unfortunately I was also given a much lower value than I had paid for the tickets. I thanked the CM for their time and said I'd have to think about it as I wanted to talk to my SO about forfeiting the difference.

After deciding to forfeit the amount..

Call 2: Called to do the upgrade as discussed yesterday. She processed it and then informed me that the difference will be sent back to me via email which caught me by surprise. I then asked about the difference, she gave me a price that was nearly 15% higher than what I was quoted yesterday. I then asked if that difference can be applied to a separate ticket - not a problem.

So the answer to my questions are definitely Maybe and Maybe. YMMV but figured I would update in case anyone else had the question.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter