Upgrade on a non-blackout day.
BUT, you can USE your regular ticket on an AP blackout day, then you can upgrade on a later day during the time your ticket is still useful.
Same full upgrade value.
So I won’t be restricted or penalized for having used it during a blackout day? That’s wonderful!

Hi, I currently have two 6-day park hopper tickets that expire on Sept 26th of this year. However, we won't be able to go back until June 2022. I have made my resort reservation, but apparently
1. I can't convert my current tickets to future tickets online (unless I'm missing something).
2. I know I can apply the cost of my current tickets to new tickets, but
3. I'm not sure how I go about doing that.
4. Do I just call and do it over the phone?
5. Is there a specific number to call?
1. That's pretty far off.
2. Yup.
3. Call sometime after ticketing for your actual trip dates becomes available.
4. Yup.
5. As for most cases, if you call the general number, you can choose the appropriate category from the menu provided.

I NEED AP's...we have four DVC trips planned between this coming December and December 2022. We don't want to get shut out of park reservations so I'm planning to buy 7 day hoppers this weekend so I can make Cursory park plans. If and when annual passes go on sale we will upgrade our tix. Here are the questions...

Does the upgrade have to be done in person at guest services?
Does changing the ticket affect any associated park pass reservations?
Am I missing anything or is my plan solid?

I NEED AP's...we have four DVC trips planned between this coming December and December 2022. We don't want to get shut out of park reservations so I'm planning to buy 7 day hoppers this weekend so I can make Cursory park plans. If and when annual passes go on sale we will upgrade our tix. Here are the questions...

1. Does the upgrade have to be done in person at guest services?
2. Does changing the ticket affect any associated park pass reservations?
3. Am I missing anything or is my plan solid?
1. Yes. Each adult guest acquiring an AP will need to show a legal photo ID.
2. No.
3. Other than the obvious... Nobody knows when APs will go on sale.

Any information would be helpful - I am deciding on a trip in September for my mother and I. I have tickets from a 2020 canceled trip set to expire at the end of September for one member of the party. I would like to book the package (two extra days) for the lower deposit with the two extra days, but only 1 member needs tickets. Is there any way to book tickets for two guests and retain the my original tickets and just use the cash amount on a future trip -- or will the system automatically use the 2020 canceled trip tickets with the September 26,2021 expiration date?
Thanks for any help and guidance.

Any information would be helpful - I am deciding on a trip in September for my mother and I. I have tickets from a 2020 canceled trip set to expire at the end of September for one member of the party. I would like to book the package (two extra days) for the lower deposit with the two extra days, but only 1 member needs tickets. Is there any way to book tickets for two guests and retain the my original tickets and just use the cash amount on a future trip -- or will the system automatically use the 2020 canceled trip tickets with the September 26,2021 expiration date?
Thanks for any help and guidance.
You’ll want to stop by a Guest Relations location before entering your first park and have the tickets prioritized to save the one for another visit. Be sure to make note of the ticket number because it will likely disappear from view after the expiration date, though WDW can still see it to upgrade later.

You’ll want to stop by a Guest Relations location before entering your first park and have the tickets prioritized to save the one for another visit. Be sure to make note of the ticket number because it will likely disappear from view after the expiration date, though WDW can still see it to upgrade later.
Thank you so much for this information and helping me.

I bought 6 one day park tickets for friends for a February 2021 park trip. Then the Disney Princess Half Marathon was canceled, friends canceled. I was left holding tickets that I had already assigned on MDE. I would like to take my nephews to the park this summer using the tickets but I can't find them on MDE. I tried to re-enter the ticket confirmation number and the site just says that the confirmation number has already been used (by me, when I linked them to MDE in the first place). Before I sit on hold with the help line for 2 hours...
1) I can reassign these unused tickets to another guest, right?
2) Does anyone know how I can do this on my own without having to call Disney?

Thank you so much

I bought 6 one day park tickets for friends for a February 2021 park trip. Then the Disney Princess Half Marathon was canceled, friends canceled. I was left holding tickets that I had already assigned on MDE. I would like to take my nephews to the park this summer using the tickets but I can't find them on MDE. I tried to re-enter the ticket confirmation number and the site just says that the confirmation number has already been used (by me, when I linked them to MDE in the first place). Before I sit on hold with the help line for 2 hours...
1) I can reassign these unused tickets to another guest, right?
2) Does anyone know how I can do this on my own without having to call Disney?

Thank you so much
If those tickets have expired then the price you paid for them is now a credit that can be applied to a new ticket purchase. This can only be done by calling Disney. Just call Disney early in the day in order to try to get a short hold time. :)

I was left holding tickets that I had already assigned on MDE.
Did your friends have their own MDE accounts? Or did you assign the tickets to profiles on your account? If they have their own accounts, the friends will need to re-assign those tickets back to you before you can give them to your nephews. If you managed everyone’s profiles on your MDE it will be easier. Either way, WDW will need to be called to assist.

Did your friends have their own MDE accounts? Or did you assign the tickets to profiles on your account? If they have their own accounts, the friends will need to re-assign those tickets back to you before you can give them to your nephews. If you managed everyone’s profiles on your MDE it will be easier. Either way, WDW will need to be called to assist.
They were on my MDE. I was managing the group trip and bought the tickets and assigned them within my MDE

I called this morning and only waited about 10 minutes until a person answered. The person told me I was in line and had about 54 minutes to wait. I could stay on hold and listen to Disney music or get into a virtual queue. I chose virtual and should have my call back in the next 20 minutes or so.
Thank you for the help

Hello,

I have a package booked that we won as a prize, and it includes park hopper tickets. However, 2 of us on the reservation have annual passes and we had wanted to reassign the tickets to other family members who are in a different room. It was allowing me to reassign in the app, but now tonight when I went to make the change it will not allow me to. Will I be allowed to break those two tickets off when we check in, and then assign them to my other family members?

Hello,
I have a package booked that we won as a prize, and it includes park hopper tickets. However, 2 of us on the reservation have annual passes and we had wanted to reassign the tickets to other family members who are in a different room.
It was allowing me to reassign in the app,
1. but now tonight when I went to make the change it will not allow me to.
2. Will I be allowed to break those two tickets off when we check in, and then assign them to my other family members?
1. I would not trust the Disney computer system to be consistent. (It is far too wonky. Has been for years.)
I would keep trying over several days to make the changes you want.

HOWEVER...
2. Since none of us know exactly what kind of tickets (or package) you won, the "normal rules"
may or may not apply.
Let's just say that "normally" after you arrive and check in, you would be able to do anything you'd like with new, unused tickets. Including gifting them to anyone (or just holding them for some future use.)

Have you confirmed with Disney that the prize tickets can be reassigned? Package tickets remain assigned to the guests on that package reservation until arrival, at which point one usually could reassign them. However I’d be concerned about park reservation availability last-minute for the 2 who apparently do not have tickets to book those in advance. Park reservations do not transfer with tickets. You may need to get Guest Relations involved.

Good morning. Does anyone know if days can be added to a PH pass before going to the parks on the phone or in the app? My tickets are from a 2020 trip which was cancelled because Disney was closed. The expiration is 9/21 and I am looking at booking this August, but in 2020 2 of my daughters were only going for 5 days and the rest of us were 7. Now we all want 7. It would be no big deal during normal times, we have added on before, but now I can't include them in my park reservations for the last 2 days. I am going to call but I was wondering if anyone knew the answer. I am also planning to upgrade to an AP but I think that has to be done in person. Thanks for any insight or suggestions.

Does anyone know if days can be added to a PH pass before going to the parks on the phone or in the app? My tickets are from a 2020 trip which was cancelled because Disney was closed.
If you can't do it on-line, call.

About to purchase our tickets for our September trip. I have a mixture of Disney Visa rewards card, Disney gift cards, and then Disney Visa to purchase the tickets. Can you use three different payment types online or do you have to call in to be able to do that?

About to purchase our tickets for our September trip. I have a mixture of Disney Visa rewards card, Disney gift cards, and then Disney Visa to purchase the tickets. Can you use three different payment types online or do you have to call in to be able to do that?
You need to Call.

how do I "Save" value of unused ticket that expires for a future trip to apply it to another ticket? And do I just keep it in a random name--which might not be the person who will ultimately use it? What if I want to apply to AP if they start selling them? Does name expired ticket is in matter?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter