Hello. I’m so overwhelmed and confused by all the new rules and uncertainty I was hoping someone could answer my questions ..,

we are DVC owners and have my Son and future DIL booked at BLT for a week this October 2020. It’s their honeymoon.They do not have tickets to the parks yet so here are my question.
1. Can they buy a three days park ticket? No hoppers right?
2. Once they buy the tickets they can link to the BLT reservation correct?
3. Once linked they’ll get to book a PARK reservation for EACH day of their three day tickets correct?
4. If things get crazy and they need/want to cancel their honeymoon what happens to these tickets that are bought for 2020? Can they still use those tickets say next spring or fall?
5. In other words I’m trying to determine if they can buy them now with assurance they won’t be throwing money away right? They need to buy now so they can reserve the park reservations?
6. Finally...they can’t buy a dining plan correct? But can they make dining reservations.

Thanks for your help. It’s been a nightmare trying to plan a wedding and a honeymoon. They were so excited and had all their dinning booked and planning on doing the Halloween party. 😡😡

Yes, they can purchase 3-day tickets and link them to their MDE and then they can make park reservations.
Yes, if they decide not to go, the VALUE of the tickets can be used toward the purchase of new tickets at any other time.
No dining plan available at this time.
Yes, they can make dining reservations.

Hello. I’m so overwhelmed and confused by all the new rules and uncertainty I was hoping someone could answer my questions ..,

we are DVC owners and have my Son and future DIL booked at BLT for a week this October 2020. It’s their honeymoon.They do not have tickets to the parks yet so here are my question.
1. Can they buy a three days park ticket? No hoppers right?
2. Once they buy the tickets they can link to the BLT reservation correct?
3. Once linked they’ll get to book a PARK reservation for EACH day of their three day tickets correct?
4. If things get crazy and they need/want to cancel their honeymoon what happens to these tickets that are bought for 2020? Can they still use those tickets say next spring or fall?
5. In other words I’m trying to determine if they can buy them now with assurance they won’t be throwing money away right? They need to buy now so they can reserve the park reservations?
6. Finally...they can’t buy a dining plan correct? But can they make dining reservations.

Thanks for your help. It’s been a nightmare trying to plan a wedding and a honeymoon. They were so excited and had all their dinning booked and planning on doing the Halloween party. 😡😡

#1. Three day, one-park-per day ticket.
#2. Link to My Disney Experience (MDE). If they do not have the app, they can download it to their phones. But they would login to https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/ and buy the tickets there. Then it will be automatically linked to MDE. If they prefer hard tickets, they would need to go to a ticket booth to have a hard ticket printed for them.
#3. Yes, they can make a park reservation for each day they have valid admission for.
#4. The tickets' value will not be lost, so they could apply the value to a future ticket.
#5. They won't throw any money away.
#6. No dining plan, but they can make dining reservations. They can only make dining reservations at 60 days out....I don't know if there is still the +10 advantage for being on property.

So we may do a quick mostly resort based last minute trip(if I snag the dvc points)
Will we be able to buy tickets to Epcot? That would be our one Park day as it seems easier to distance.
So will we be able to buy tickets?0

Update again:

I've heard nothing from the email that I sent. I got an email shortly thereafter confirming they received my email and would be looking into it, but nothing since.

So I once again reached out to guest services, and once again, they were unable to help.

Due to my husbands job, last month we moved from Virginia, became Florida residents (Clermont), and had BIG plans to buy both Universal and Disney annual passes. We got our Universal AP's the same week we moved here, but have not been able to buy Disney APs yet because they are not selling them online. However, my birthday is this week and we have purchased 1 day tickets to Epcot for Saturday (YAY!!!) to celebrate and to be in our favorite Disney park. Do you think that there is any way that we could upgrade to AP's at Guest Services while we are there on Saturday? I have read that Disney is really hurting for money, and we WANT to give Disney our money :) Does anyone have any experience with this recently?

we have purchased 1 day tickets to Epcot for Saturday... Do you think that there is any way that we could upgrade to AP's at Guest Services while we are there on Saturday?
You can always ask, nicely.

We have cancelled our week in October. Since we cannot get out of our airline tickets, we have reserved an off-site hotel and plan to relax by the pool for a few days. IF we decide that we can't stay away from WDW completely, how does a one day ticket work? I understrand that we have to reserve the park day, etc, but does Disney send us an old fashioned plastic card ticket or is it a barcode on our phones in MDE or something similar? It's not a Magic Band - correct? Thank you!

Hi
We are looking to (re) book for July 2021 for an 17 day stay. We will be staying on site at the yacht club. I have been given conflicting information as to when out park pickets would start.

Do they start from our day of arrival , ie, when we book into the hotel, or

Could we opt to start them from a couple of days into out holiday so that we could have out last day in a park?

Cheers

Matt

If you are talking about the UK 14 day ticket then is starts with your first day of use to enter a park.

Dave

Your tickets will be connected to your MDE. If you have Magic Bands, they'll be there (provided you buy them online through Disney and not in a Disney store.) If you do buy from somewhere else, you can link your tickets on your MDE, as well.

how does a one day ticket work? -does Disney send us an old fashioned plastic card ticket or is it a barcode on our phones in MDE or something similar? It's not a Magic Band - correct? Thank you!
Your tickets will be connected to your MDE. If you have Magic Bands, they'll be there (provided you buy them online through Disney and not in a Disney store.) If you do buy from somewhere else, you can link your tickets on your MDE, as well.
If you already have MagicBands from a previous trip, take them with you and use them at the park gate for entry. Old MBs still work with any ticket that is valid in your MDE account.
If you don't have MBs, you can just go to the park gate with your cell phone or MDE info (having a legal photo ID is always a good plan) and you will be issued new plastic cards that work as your park tickets.

I read the post to start the thread about upgrading tickets to an AP but need clarification.

I currently have a 5 day ticket that I want to upgrade to an AP but I have specific dates I need the AP to start so I am unsure if I can do this. If I go to guest services on Day 4 or 5 of my October trip and I upgrade my tickets to get an AP, can I get an AP certificate in order to activate it in early July? Therefore making July my AP start date

I read the post to start the thread about upgrading tickets to an AP but need clarification.

I currently have a 5 day ticket that I want to upgrade to an AP but I have specific dates I need the AP to start so I am unsure if I can do this. If I go to guest services on Day 4 or 5 of my October trip and I upgrade my tickets to get an AP, can I get an AP certificate in order to activate it in early July? Therefore making July my AP start date

No, not usually. When you upgrade, in the past, the AP starts with the first use of the ticket you used for the upgrade.

I can't even speculate what will happen going forward, but this is what has happened with each ticket I have upgraded in the past.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter