• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Being a Florida resident, Can I upgrade a 2 day ticket to an epcot after 4 annual pass?
In general, an upgrade is a change to a ticket that requires an additional payment.
"If it costs MORE... its an "upgrade."
By that basic definition, it looks like you could do what you asked.
But, I've never seen a report of someone doing that exact upgrade.

Is it possible to buy park hopper "per day"?
For instance, say we have 7 day tickets, but on day 3 we decide that on day four only we'd like to park hop. Can we go to concierge or the front desk and get a park hopper for only day four?
Sorry for this question if it has been asked or if it is a redundant question from other posts -- we've never park hopped, but are taking it into consideration during F&W this year. Thanks in advance for your response and patience!:ccat:

Is it possible to buy park hopper "per day"?
For instance, say we have 7 day tickets, but on day 3 we decide that on day four only we'd like to park hop. Can we go to concierge or the front desk and get a park hopper for only day four?
No.
You CAN add the Hopper at any time, but you would pay the amount for the total number of days on the full original ticket.

Last edited:

Alrighty, I'm online trying to upgrade our tickets to park hopper tickets and it does not appear that I can do that online. Is that correct? It seems that I can however, get an entire new set of tickets with park hopper, but it appears that it does not take off the existing base tickets and just adds on the new tickets and park hoppers... Is that right?

The system doesn't seem to be intuitive at all.

Edited to add that we currently have 5-Day Tickets with Admission to 1 Park Per Day

You CAN add the Hopper at any time, but you would pay the amount for the total number of days on the full original ticket.

Conveniently, my question is related to PP's. If I decide to upgrade to PH during my trip, could I do so online, or would I have to go to a specific location? I'm on the fence about hopping in August heat, so I am just getting base tickets for now.

Alrighty, I'm online trying to upgrade our tickets to park hopper tickets and it does not appear that I can do that online. Is that correct? It seems that I can however, get an entire new set of tickets with park hopper, but it appears that it does not take off the existing base tickets and just adds on the new tickets and park hoppers... Is that right?

The system doesn't seem to be intuitive at all.

Edited to add that we currently have 5-Day Tickets with Admission to 1 Park Per Day
You need to call to upgrade if you are before your trip.

Conveniently, my question is related to PP's. If I decide to upgrade to PH during my trip,
1. could I do so online,
2. or would I have to go to a specific location?

1. After you arrive at WDW... maybe.

2. Can be done at ANY ticket booth or Guest Relations outside or inside any theme park, water park, TTC, or Disney Springs.
Or, if you are staying at a WDW resort, you can upgrade at the concierge desk in the lobby.

I have an AP question. I’m getting 5 Day hoppers from Parksavers and plan on upgrading to the Platinum Pass on my arrival day in August. I’m staying at POFQ so I want to take the boat to Disney Springs and do it there. Do they give you the AP thing for your MagicBand on the spot? I’m debating whether or not to go into MK that night and am wondering if I’ll be able to use the AP line at the tapstiles.

I have an AP question. I’m getting 5 Day hoppers from Parksavers and plan on upgrading to the Platinum Pass on my arrival day in August. I’m staying at POFQ so
1. I want to take the boat to Disney Springs and do it there.
2. Do they give you the AP thing for your MagicBand on the spot? I’m debating whether or not to go into MK that night and am
3. wondering if I’ll be able to use the AP line at the tapstiles.
1. OK.
2. The AP card is given to you.
But not the AP “slider.”
(You don’t need the slider.)
3. Won’t matter.
(You won’t need the slider to use the AP line, and you very likely won’t even need to use the AP line.)

I ordered DAH villains tickets. I received them in the mail. I can see the tickets in MDE. Do I need to bring the tickets with me, or is the magic band sufficient?

I ordered DAH villains tickets. I received them in the mail. I can see the tickets in MDE. Do I need to bring the tickets with me, or is the magic band sufficient?
The magic band is sufficient.

Can you help me figure out if I was charged correctly for an upgrade to a DVC Gold AP certificate last week?

Here is the scenario:
Used an Airmiles reseller 7 day flexible option ticket with a December 2019 expiry purchased April 17, 2019 however Disney's website tickets expire 2020. These tickets became available from Airmiles in April 2019 after price increase.
Contacted Airmiles to find out date ticket purchased from Disney to calculate their value and they said they are not the currently priced post March 12 tickets ( however tickets are dated March 22 2019 on back).
I expected the tickets would be valued at the pre March 12 2019 price which would have been $521.

I first went to Disney Springs ticket centre and they valued the ticket at $469 after tax. I told them I was expecting $521 so cast member tried to price it another way and said no, unfortunately they are $469. I didn't upgrade there, instead went to Magic Kingdom hoping for a different answer but value quoted was the same. I'm just back now and have double-checked my expected $521 on allears and they have the same price for pre March 12 2019 tickets.

So was my ticket supposed to be bridged to at least the $521 value (or current value) or not? At the moment I can't find any info that doesn't say I was overcharged. I'm very confused.

Can you help me figure out if I was charged correctly for an upgrade to a DVC Gold AP certificate last week?

Here is the scenario:
Used an Airmiles reseller 7 day flexible option ticket with a December 2019 expiry purchased April 17, 2019 however Disney's website tickets expire 2020. These tickets became available from Airmiles in April 2019 after price increase.
Contacted Airmiles to find out date ticket purchased from Disney to calculate their value and they said they are not the currently priced post March 12 tickets ( however tickets are dated March 22 2019 on back).
I expected the tickets would be valued at the pre March 12 2019 price which would have been $521.

I first went to Disney Springs ticket centre and they valued the ticket at $469 after tax. I told them I was expecting $521 so cast member tried to price it another way and said no, unfortunately they are $469. I didn't upgrade there, instead went to Magic Kingdom hoping for a different answer but value quoted was the same. I'm just back now and have double-checked my expected $521 on allears and they have the same price for pre March 12 2019 tickets.

So was my ticket supposed to be bridged to at least the $521 value (or current value) or not? At the moment I can't find any info that doesn't say I was overcharged. I'm very confused.

Based on what I now SUSPECT are tickets from stock first dated from the price increase of Feb. 11, 2018. (Price chart HERE.)

You did NOT say that your Airmiles tickets were HOPPERS.

7-Day HOPPERS would be worth $521.85.

7-Day base tickets would be worth $441.98

Sorry, but I have no way of knowing exactly what tickets you actually have.
That would be between you and Airmiles.

Based on what I now SUSPECT are tickets from stock first dated from the price increase of Feb. 11, 2018. (Price chart HERE.)

You did NOT say that your Airmiles tickets were HOPPERS.

7-Day HOPPERS would be worth $521.85.

7-Day base tickets would be worth $441.98

Sorry, but I have no way of knowing exactly what tickets you actually have.
That would be between you and Airmiles.

The tickets were sold as Flexible date tickets (no hoppers), I never even considered them being February 2018 priced stock since Airmiles just started selling them a few weeks ago. The February 2018 prices do not match what guest services quoted ($469.67) but you have given me more to think about. I think I'll call Disney, thank you for the help, I appreciate the effort.

The tickets were sold as Flexible date tickets (no hoppers), I never even considered them being February 2018 priced stock since Airmiles just started selling them a few weeks ago. The February 2018 prices do not match what guest services quoted ($469.67) but you have given me more to think about. I think I'll call Disney, thank you for the help, I appreciate the effort.
Good luck, and please let us know your progress.
Every bit of input helps add to the base of knowledge.

Hi, I have one complimentary 3 Day Park Hopper paper ticket with 3 Fun Visits which expires on 12/30/30.
There is a bar code but no number on the ticket other than CM000 and the date it was issued in 2009.

I would like to plan a 6 day solo trip, using this ticket, and I am wondering what is included. Sorry if this
sounds confusing.

1. I'm thinking I get 3 days of park hopping and 3 days of one water park per day?
2. So for 3 days I can
hop the theme parks and the other 3 days I can do one water park per day to stretch this to a 6 day vacation?
3. I am wondering if this is the type of ticket that if I use all of the park days, but only 1 day of water parks, would I be able to use
the other 2 days of water parks for a future trip?
4. Since there is no number on this ticket, I will not be able to use it to secure fast passes online and that is actually
ok with me. However, is there a way a phone call to Disney could get this ticket made into something with a number to be used to book fast passes though?
If not, that would be fine. I'm not going for a commando trip.
5. I just worried that calling or even going to the ticket window once I get to Disney,
would somehow turn all the Fun options on this ticket into something that expires at the end of the trip, in case it was a ticket that
allowed me to save some of the water park days for the future.

I know the ticket can't be upgraded, I'm not looking to do that. I know it can't be used as part of a package or anything, I wasn't looking
to do that either.
I would just appreciate any help so I know how to go about using it. I'm grateful for what ever I can get out of it. :)
Thanks so much!!!
Tink

Hi, I have one complimentary 3 Day Park Hopper paper ticket with 3 Fun Visits which expires on 12/30/30.
1. I'm thinking I get 3 days of park hopping and 3 days of one water park per day?
2. So for 3 days I can
hop the theme parks and the other 3 days I can do one water park per day to stretch this to a 6 day vacation?
3. I am wondering if this is the type of ticket that if I use all of the park days, but only 1 day of water parks, would I be able to use
the other 2 days of water parks for a future trip?
Since there is no number on this ticket, I will not be able to use it to secure fast passes online and that is actually
ok with me. However,
4. is there a way a phone call to Disney could get this ticket made into something with a number to be used to book fast passes though?
5. I just worried that calling or even going to the ticket window once I get to Disney,
would somehow turn all the Fun options on this ticket into something that expires at the end of the trip, in case it was a ticket that
allowed me to save some of the water park days for the future.

1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. Unlikely (but maybe.) If you call, ask about that.
4. You can try.
Call WDW Ticketing:
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat
5. No need to worry about that happening.
The ticket is already configured to whatever rules were in affect for it when it was issued.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for your very helpful answers, Robo! Much appreciated! :teeth:

1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. Unlikely (but maybe.) If you call, ask about that.
4. You can try.
Call WDW Ticketing:
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat
5. No need to worry about that happening.
The ticket is already configured to whatever rules were in affect for it when it was issued.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter