OMG what a nightmare. The guy asked me what day I needed to add and I told him the 5th because of the new ticketing he needed to know, now he has us starting on the 5th of November instead of the 29th of October. I'm in tears. Wish me luck

OMG what a nightmare. The guy asked me what day I needed to add and I told him the 5th because of the new ticketing he needed to know, now he has us starting on the 5th of November instead of the 29th of October. I'm in tears. Wish me luck
Call back and ask for a Manager. Tell them you meant to add on a day of ticket entitlements to your originally linked tickets.

Thank you! It took a while but (fingers crossed) it is all fixed now. What ended up happening besides the later start date is that it assigned the 7 day as well as the 6 day to me and DH, erasing the 6 day hoppers for my son and DIL. Hopefully we are straight now. With our vacation a week away I hope all is well. It’s not as easy apparently to add a day to an existing park ticket with the new system. That’s where the confusion was.

My rule of thumb is that if you can use the AP for the actual park admissions, then it makes sense to buy an AP. Everything else is “gravy.”
Thanks I think I will skip especially since I spoke to a rep from the tours and was told me that they can’t book the tour same day so I might not be able to get the AP discount since I can’t upgrade until I get to the parks.

Can you upgrade a Magic Your Way ticket online now? I thought there was a mention of being able to modify tickets with the new system. If so, how do you do that?

Can you upgrade a Magic Your Way ticket online now? I thought there was a mention of being able to modify tickets with the new system. If so, how do you do that?
The new Theme Park Tickets can be modified and upgraded.

MYW tickets can’t be modified via the website because they have to be upgraded-converted to the new Theme Park Tickets. If purchased directly from Disney, you can call Disney to have them upgrade for you by converting your MYW tickets to the new TPT for the number of days you desire.

The new Theme Park Tickets can be modified and upgraded.

MYW tickets can’t be modified via the website because they have to be upgraded-converted to the new Theme Park Tickets. If purchased directly from Disney, you can call Disney to have them upgrade for you by converting your MYW tickets to the new TPT for the number of days you desire.

Thanks. They are from Undercover Tourist so I assume that means to only option is to upgrade in person at the parks.

I have been waiting for the dust to settle, but need to make a decision and would appreciate thoughts/advice. I have a trip planned for the end of February and am considering another trip the week before Christmas. I have the following options:

1. Buy a 6-day MYW park hopper (e-ticket) from UT for $469, with plan of upgrading to a DVC Platinum AP in February - pro: could save some money (buying 3 passes) and spread out payments
cons: AP price could increase again before my February trip, Disney could change upgrade policy (worst case scenario being I can't upgrade my MYW ticket at all), and hassle of upgrading upon arrival

2. Buy DVC Platinum AP's between now and end of January
pro: no risk, could take advantage of a DVC ticket promotion if one comes out before then
cons: no savings, could waste a ton of money if we don't go in December

3. Buy new theme park tickets direct from Disney
pro: no risk, can add to my February package and spread out payments, can upgrade over the phone or upon arrival
cons: no savings

Any advice? UT is only selling MYW tickets for a couple more days, so I'm out of time!

I have been waiting for the dust to settle, but need to make a decision and would appreciate thoughts/advice. I have a trip planned for the end of February and am considering another trip the week before Christmas. I have the following options:

1. Buy a 6-day MYW park hopper (e-ticket) from UT for $469, with plan of upgrading to a DVC Platinum AP in February - pro: could save some money (buying 3 passes) and spread out payments
cons: AP price could increase again before my February trip, Disney could change upgrade policy (worst case scenario being I can't upgrade my MYW ticket at all), and hassle of upgrading upon arrival

2. Buy DVC Platinum AP's between now and end of January
pro: no risk, could take advantage of a DVC ticket promotion if one comes out before then
cons: no savings, could waste a ton of money if we don't go in December

3. Buy new theme park tickets direct from Disney
pro: no risk, can add to my February package and spread out payments, can upgrade over the phone or upon arrival
cons: no savings

Any advice? UT is only selling MYW tickets for a couple more days, so I'm out of time!

#2 is pretty unlikely - Disney gives credit for your ticket towards the purchase of a new one when upgrading and I'd say the chance of the stopping that is virtually non-existent.

I have 5-day PH, plus an extra day, tickets from UT, planning to upgrade to APs in December for 2 adults, 2 children. I'm having a tough time deciphering what price Disney will credit for the upgrade. I know it was $450.55 per adult and $469.22 per child on UT, but not sure that's the "right" amount as far as Disney's concerned.

Just want to make sure I understand the math before we get there! Thanks!

I have 5-day PH, plus an extra day, tickets from UT, planning to upgrade to APs in December for 2 adults, 2 children. I'm having a tough time deciphering what price Disney will credit for the upgrade. I know it was $450.55 per adult and $469.22 per child on UT, but not sure that's the "right" amount as far as Disney's concerned.

Check the pricing lists in the OPs of this thread specifically for Disney’s 6-day MYW PH pricing.

I believe you treat your ticket as 6 day PH. These are the prices with tax (assuming they were 2018 MYW tickets):
Adult: $511.20
Child: $489.90

So I think the upgrade costs for a AP (Platinum) are:
Adult: $952.11 - $511.20 = 440.91
Child: $952.11 - $489.90 = 462.21

I am looking at upgrading to annual pass in December 2018. I had my math all done and then the ticket change happened. I purchased a 7 day hopper from an outside vendor.
Our check in date is 11/30/18 and our 1st park day will be 12/1/18.
What credit will I get towards a AP for my 7 day hopper?

Is this correct?
$952.11 - $511.20 = $440.91

I am looking at upgrading to annual pass in December 2018. I had my math all done and then the ticket change happened. I purchased a 7 day hopper from an outside vendor.
Our check in date is 11/30/18 and our 1st park day will be 12/1/18.
What credit will I get towards a AP for my 7 day hopper?

Is this correct?
$952.11 - $511.20 = $440.91

You didn't say WHEN you bought the 7-day Hopper (which is a major determining factor in the upgrade value.)
And, you didn't say what KIND of AP you want. (I'm going to assume the Platinum AP.)

If you bought the 7-day Hopper from ticket stock that was minted since Feb. 11, 2018,
that ticket would be worth $521.85 w/tax in the upgrade.

It's been awhile since my last trip, so this is the first time dealing with etickets. I'm about to pull the trigger on tickets to get in before the rate increase. UT will send etickets, AAA still has plastic tickets. Basically the same price. I know I would have to exchange an eticket at the parks...surely that wouldn't be a difficult/time consuming process? Or should I forgo the extra step and just get the plastic tickets from AAA? (Staying offsite.) Thanks in advance!

It's been awhile since my last trip, so this is the first time dealing with etickets. I'm about to pull the trigger on tickets to get in before the rate increase. UT will send etickets, AAA still has plastic tickets. Basically the same price. I know I would have to exchange an eticket at the parks...surely that wouldn't be a difficult/time consuming process? Or should I forgo the extra step and just get the plastic tickets from AAA? (Staying offsite.) Thanks in advance!
Check the expiration date for the AAA plastic tickets in case they expire prior to your trip.

Etickets can be exchanged for plastic tickets at any ticket window or if you decide on MBs, link MBs to your MDX account and you won’t need the plastic tickets at all.

I purchased a 3 day MYW ticket via UT for my April 3019 trip. I linked it to my DME app. It expires 1/14/20. I may not use this ticket for my trip. Does it truly expire on 1/14/20? And I loose the money I spent on it if I don’t use it? Please advise on options.

I purchased a 3 day MYW ticket via UT for my April 3019 trip. I linked it to my DME app. It expires 1/14/20. I may not use this ticket for my trip. Does it truly expire on 1/14/20? And I loose the money I spent on it if I don’t use it? Please advise on options.
It will expire.
But, you can trade it in and use its “Disney value” on a future new ticket when you go to WDW next.

Thanks I think I will skip especially since I spoke to a rep from the tours and was told me that they can’t book the tour same day so I might not be able to get the AP discount since I can’t upgrade until I get to the parks.

You can get the discount later if you get an AP after paying for a tour, as long as the AP is valid on the tour day. We did bought APs earlier this year, after I’d already booked and paid fir the AK Ultimate Nights tour, and when I called they credited us the discount amount.

You can get the discount later if you get an AP after paying for a tour, as long as the AP is valid on the tour day. We did bought APs earlier this year, after I’d already booked and paid fir the AK Ultimate Nights tour, and when I called they credited us the discount amount.
I was told they might not be able to since the tour is book for our arrival day and I would only be able to upgrade on arrival.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter