Robo, thank you so much!!
So, my current tickets are NOT park hoppers and yes, we just want to do one water park on one day, that's it. So we will get the one day water park ticket. Perfect!! And again, thank you :flower3:

ETA, just wondering, does that just get automatically added on to your MB or do you get an actual ticket?
Once again, thanks

Robo, thank you so much!!
So, my current tickets are NOT park hoppers and yes, we just want to do one water park on one day, that's it. So we will get the one day water park ticket. Perfect!! And again, thank you :flower3:

ETA, just wondering, does that just get automatically added on to your MB or do you get an actual ticket?
Once again, thanks
You can have the CM add it to your MDX account which will then be ACCESSED by your MBs.
(If you order the tickets in advance through your MDX account,
the tickets will automatically appear in your account.)
And/or you can get a plastic ticket at the ticket booth.

Last edited:
You can have the CM add it to your MDX account which will then be ACCESSED by your MBs.
(If you order the tickets in advance through your MDX account,
the tickets will automatically appear in your account.)
And/or you can get a platic ticket at the ticket booth.

Once again, thanks so much.

I want to upgrade to a DVC gold AP

If I purchase a 4 + 1 day PH ticket from UT, I assume I need to compare the price using the "early 2018" pricelist ?

if so my math would be

Early 2018 price: 5 day PH $500
New DVC gold AP:$648
Upgrade price: $148

As I only paid $458 for the tickets through UT I will have saved $42

Is that correctly understood?

I want to upgrade to a DVC gold AP

1. If I purchase a 4 + 1 day PH ticket from UT, I assume I need to compare the price using the "early 2018" pricelist ?

if so my math would be

2. Early 2018 price: 5 day PH $500
3. New DVC gold AP:$648
Upgrade price: $148

As I only paid $458 for the tickets through UT I will have saved $42

4. Is that correctly understood?

1. If that is what you buy at this time, yes.
2. $500.55, yup.
3. If that's the current price, yes.
4. You've got it right.

1. If that is what you buy at this time, yes.
2. $500.55, yup.
3. If that's the current price, yes.
4. You've got it right.

Thanks

Have anyone calculated the “best” ticket to buy to get the biggest savings when bridging?

Thanks

Have anyone calculated the “best” ticket to buy to get the biggest savings when bridging?
Most all of the ticket resellers tell you the amount saved over gate price. Use the ticket finder on Touring Plans, look at that and then pick the one with the highest discount.

Thanks

It can change all the time.
But, it is often a maximum 10-day hopper.
The longer tickets usually offer the steeper discounts.
(Don't most discounter sites actually list the "savings" next to each ticket they offer?)

You just want to make sure that the "Disney price" of the ticket is the same or less than
the AP cost to which you want to upgrade.

DH and I am arriving in Orlando 10/27 and the kiddos 10/30. We have 6 day hoppers. I had booked fps for just DH and I for 11/29. We are short 1 day on our hoppers and when I called to add the day I was told they would cancel our tickets and fps to re do them. I didn't want to do that and planned to add a day when we arrive on the 27th. I just received that we had fps for a day we don't have a ticket and it is subject to cancellation. The picked the 5th, which is not a very important fp day, but will they do this and what can we do until arriving in Orlando on the 27th? I don't want to pay for a 1 day ticket and I don't want to cancel the hoppers and lose our fps. It just applies to DH and I. I figured it allowed us to book another day because we have MNSSHP booked but we are also doing EMM TSL that same morning. Thanks!

DH and I am arriving in Orlando 10/27 and the kiddos 10/30. We have 6 day hoppers. I had booked fps for just DH and I for 11/29. We are short 1 day on our hoppers and when I called to add the day I was told they would cancel our tickets and fps to re do them. I didn't want to do that and planned to add a day when we arrive on the 27th. I just received that we had fps for a day we don't have a ticket and it is subject to cancellation. The picked the 5th, which is not a very important fp day, but will they do this and what can we do until arriving in Orlando on the 27th? I don't want to pay for a 1 day ticket and I don't want to cancel the hoppers and lose our fps. It just applies to DH and I. I figured it allowed us to book another day because we have MNSSHP booked but we are also doing EMM TSL that same morning. Thanks!
Just call and make the 1-day upgrade change now.

The FP system keeps your FPs intact in the few minutes that it takes to upgrade your ticket...actually, all your pre-booked FPs remain for 1.5 days without tickets so that’s plenty of time to do your basic ‘add a day’ now.

Will I have to try to rebook our existing FPS and will this affect the 4 others in the party or just DH and I?
No FPs will be affected - they remain intact meaning they don’t change or disappear.

Just make the upgrade now and you’ll be fine.

Will I have to try to rebook our existing FPS and will this affect the 4 others in the party or just DH and I?
The email says it will cancel if the ticket is t added by the 27th and we arrive on the 27th and were going straight to guest services to add the ticket. Actually the email said 9/27 but I know that’s a typo.

I am hoping that this is an appropriate question here. I have a 6 day PH with our free dining package for our Disney trip in December. I was thinking about upgrading it to an AP for the discounts. I think it will be $404 to upgrade. I want going to get the photo pass and the discount for the Ultimate Night of Adventure and dessert party for 3 would come to about a $320 value. I don’t think we will be back before the pass expires so is it just not worth it?

I am hoping that this is an appropriate question here. I have a 6 day PH with our free dining package for our Disney trip in December. I was thinking about upgrading it to an AP for the discounts. I think it will be $404 to upgrade. I want going to get the photo pass and the discount for the Ultimate Night of Adventure and dessert party for 3 would come to about a $320 value. I don’t think we will be back before the pass expires so is it just not worth it?
My rule of thumb is that if you can use the AP for the actual park admissions, then it makes sense to buy an AP. Everything else is “gravy.”

The is true, for those who cancel tickets and then don't ever replace them or take too long to replace them.
You plan to purchase tickets immediately, so the time your account is without tickets is minutes, not days, right?
As mentioned, FP don't drop off accounts without tickets until at least 24 hours later, when the system does its daily updates. As long as you have rebought any tickets by then, you are fine.
You can always buy the new tickets and then call to cancel, that would avoid any worries at all.
It would only impact the tickets are you changing, not the unchanged tickets

The email says it will cancel if the ticket is t added by the 27th and we arrive on the 27th and were going straight to guest services to add the ticket. Actually the email said 9/27 but I know that’s a typo.

Personally, if I had all my days booked, especially with others who won't be impacted, then I wouldn't trust the system to not delete the FP overnight after you've gotten the warning. I'd want to get the tickets booked. I don't trust that it's end of day on the 27th and could drop at system update on the 27th, which could be before you arrive. If it were just us 2 then I'd worry less, knowing I can always replace those FP. It's coordinating with others that is more complicated, if that makes sense.

The is true, for those who cancel tickets and then don't ever replace them or take too long to replace them.
You plan to purchase tickets immediately, so the time your account is without tickets is minutes, not days, right?
As mentioned, FP don't drop off accounts without tickets until at least 24 hours later, when the system does its daily updates. As long as you have rebought any tickets by then, you are fine.
You can always buy the new tickets and then call to cancel, that would avoid any worries at all.
It would only impact the tickets are you changing, not the unchanged tickets

Personally, if I had all my days booked, especially with others who won't be impacted, then I wouldn't trust the system to not delete the FP overnight after you've gotten the warning. I'd want to get the tickets booked. I don't trust that it's end of day on the 27th and could drop at system update on the 27th, which could be before you arrive. If it were just us 2 then I'd worry less, knowing I can always replace those FP. It's coordinating with others that is more complicated, if that makes sense.
The email says it will delete the tickets from the 5th, the last day we are there. It's kind of a "bonus day" as we are leaving that afternoon. I booked fps for Jungle Cruise, Splash and BTMRR. i'm not real concerned with any of those as I probably will only go on Jungle Cruise. I'm thinking about canceling the 2 fps for each of us and trying to clone them after we add a day. I just don't trust Disney to get it right with all the problems I've been having this trip with my MDE and IT.

The email says it will delete the tickets from the 5th, the last day we are there. It's kind of a "bonus day" as we are leaving that afternoon. I booked fps for Jungle Cruise, Splash and BTMRR. i'm not real concerned with any of those as I probably will only go on Jungle Cruise. I'm thinking about canceling the 2 fps for each of us and trying to clone them after we add a day. I just don't trust Disney to get it right with all the problems I've been having this trip with my MDE and IT.
You don’t need to Cancel anything.

Add that 1 day now and all your FPs will be protected. There’s more of a chance of you Canceling FPs you may need when all you have to do is add a day now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter