Thanks for the quick reply. I wish you could actually call and ask and rely on an accurate answer. Bummer!

I CAN tell you that if you want to have the option of changing your dates and NOT affect your tickets...
Re-book your stay right now to "room only" and drop your tickets as part of the resort package.

Then, buy your tickets separately, NOW.
Do that from a ticket discounter for more savings.

Hi-I am planning on buying hopper's with my package but really only need it for 1 day. Can I get 1 park per day tickets and upgrade just one day to a hopper when I arrive or sometime during my trip? I understand it may change with the new ticketing system but wanted to to understand how it works today. Thanks!

I'm heading to Disney with some friends in January, prior to a continuing ed event. We are planning on 3 days with PH (no parks on our arrival or departure day). I just booked my flight and I'm supposed to get in at a decent time that I may want to go on the first day. However, I'm flying from Minnesota. In January. Through Chicago. In January. Last winter when I flew this route I ended up having to drive from my local airport to Minneapolis to make my flight. And then on the way home, I got stuck in Chicago overnight.

So my question... do I buy the 3 Day Hopper from UCT and add a day only once I know I made it there on time to go to a park that first? Any ideas on how this new system will work with adding the day? (I know, that's probably a question no one has an answer to yet.) Any compelling reason I should just go ahead and get the 4-day PH to start with?

FWIW, as a data point, I’ve called ticketing twice since my AP renewal window opened and both phone CMs were unable to use my UCT 4 day base e-tickets (already linked in MDE) to apply to my renewal. The first one just said it couldn’t be done. The second one said it couldn’t be done because she couldn’t see the value. I pressed a little on that, saying they should be valued as a current 4-day ticket (my parents just bought them a couple of months ago, so they are current stock. We didn’t know we’d be renewing our APs at that point). She said they are only valued at what the third-party paid. So we know that’s not true, but often said at the parks. I’ll try again another day, since a couple of people on the boards here have reported upgrading third party tickets via the phone. It wouldn’t be a huge deal to me, but I have the feeling an AP rate hike will be coming before I renew. So I’d rather take care of it now.

I tried again today. First CM had absolutely no idea what I was talking about, so I gave it another go. Second CM was very helpful. She accessed my account, and put me on hold awhile so she could talk to her supervisor and team. Alas, she said she was unable to do the upgrade on the phone as they have to be very careful about the third party ticket system. She did say I would be able to use the fulL credit to apply to my renewal onsite. Unfortunately, that is after Oct. 16, so who knows what the procedure or price will be. She also said I had a note in my file from a previous CM. I think I’m just going to have to wait this out and not mess with calling anymore. Godspeed to the rest of you looking to upgrade third party tickets over the phone. May the force be with you.

Hi-I am planning on buying hopper's with my package but really only need it for 1 day.
1. Can I get 1 park per day tickets and upgrade just one day to a hopper when I arrive or sometime during my trip?
2. I understand it may change with the new ticketing system but wanted to to understand how it works today. Thanks!

1. Not for a multi-day ticket.
Park Hopping covers the entire ticket.
BUT, even IF a guest COULD "upgrade just one day" it would likely not be much cheaper to be able to that, as it is currently very expensive to add hopping to a one-day ticket.

2. Yup. Nobody knows.

Last edited:
I tried again today. First CM had absolutely no idea what I was talking about, so I gave it another go. Second CM was very helpful. She accessed my account, and put me on hold awhile so she could talk to her supervisor and team. Alas, she said she was unable to do the upgrade on the phone as they have to be very careful about the third party ticket system. She did say I would be able to use the fulL credit to apply to my renewal onsite. Unfortunately, that is after Oct. 16, so who knows what the procedure or price will be. She also said I had a note in my file from a previous CM. I think I’m just going to have to wait this out and not mess with calling anymore. Godspeed to the rest of you looking to upgrade third party tickets over the phone. May the force be with you.
Thanks ..

I guess I will either wait til I get there .. or just get the AP now (before Oct. 16) and just save my 3rd party tickets for 2020 and beyond. (which isn't a bad thing)

Thanks ..

I guess I will either wait til I get there .. or just get the AP now (before Oct. 16) and just save my 3rd party tickets for 2020 and beyond. (which isn't a bad thing)

In your case, that’s exactly what I’d do. Since they don’t have expiration, they will be “worth” more later anyway. Unfortunately, the ones I am dealing with expire Jan. 2020, so holding them back won’t work.

Enjoy the AP! They are addictive.

11. I would actually communicate with UT before you make any assumption about expiration dates.

Hey Dis'ers! Per @Robo 's suggestion, I gave UT a call to check on expiration dates on their tickets if I were to purchase them prior to Oct 16, 2018. Lucy was kind enough to give me the info I needed. She said that the expiration dates depend on the delivery style you choose for your tickets. If you choose to have what you purchase mailed to you, the expiration date will be February 28, 2019. If you choose to have an eticket emailed to you, the expiration date will be December 31, 2019. I was only asking about 8 day hopper tickets, I didn't ask if other tickets have different expiration dates. It was so nice to be able to speak to a real person who was able to answer my questions & she reminded me to make sure I choose the correct delivery method before finalizing my purchase. So helpful!

Have package tickets always had an expiration date that coincides with your last day of that package stay?

Have package tickets always had an expiration date that coincides with your last day of that package stay?

No.

Years ago, there were some package tickets that were called "Length of Stay" tickets
that were tied to your stay,
but they were part of a very specific kind of resort package.

Should I buy the 4-day Florida resident tickets now or should I wait until all these changes go into effect? I'm so confused. I'm not traveling until January 2019. If I buy the tickets now from Disney, will they expire in December 2018 or before December 31, 2019, since I'll use them in January? Your guidance is much appreciated!!

Has any one used Boardwalk Ticketing to buy their park tickets online? I had never heard of them until just a few minutes ago (doing a search to find the cheapest tickets available for our trip next May). I had hoped to wait for several months to spend the $$$ for tickets, but with the changes in October, I'm rushing to buy now.

Has any one used Boardwalk Ticketing to buy their park tickets online? I had never heard of them until just a few minutes ago (doing a search to find the cheapest tickets available for our trip next May). I had hoped to wait for several months to spend the $$$ for tickets, but with the changes in October, I'm rushing to buy now.
Boardwalk Ticketing is a legitimate, established authorized WDW ticket reseller.

I think they currently offer the "lowest prices" on many adult tickets.
(Which can change all the time.)

Based on:

Click HERE for the TouringPlans.com "Discount Ticket Search.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter