If I sell some unused tickets to someone that does not have a MDX account can I just make up a name in my MDX account and transfer them from someone in my account? Thanks

Yes.
But, if they are not normally a part of your traveling group,
I'd just (help them to) set up a separate account for them
(using their eMail address. etc.) and link that account to yours to make the ticket transfer.

Yes.
But, if they are not normally a part of your traveling group,
I'd just (help them to) set up a separate account for them
(using their eMail address. etc.) and link that account to yours to make the ticket transfer.
ok thanks

Question: Jack and Jill are on the same MDE account. They bought two WDW tickets online, were sent the confirmation number after placing the order, entered the confirmation number into MDE and assigned one ticket to Jack and one to Jill. Jill also bought herself a Magic Band and linked it in MDE; Jack's just going to use his ticket. They have different FPs reserved.

When they get the physical tickets, does it matter who uses which ticket to enter the park, or can either one take either ticket as their own? (And if it does matter, how can they tell who's assigned to which ticket?)
Does it matter after they enter the first park (i.e. are their fingerprints each tied to a particular ticket)?
If Jack has an FP for Dumbo, would Jill be able to use that FP with her own ticket/Magic Band?
If Jack has an FP for Dumbo and Jill has an FP for Barnstormer at the same time, would Jill be able to use her MagicBand to use both FPs?

I think I'm giving myself a headache trying to figure out whether the Disney computer knows the difference between Jack and Jill.

Question: Jack and Jill are on the same MDE account. They bought two WDW tickets online, were sent the confirmation number after placing the order, entered the confirmation number into MDE and assigned one ticket to Jack and one to Jill. Jill also bought herself a Magic Band and linked it in MDE; Jack's just going to use his ticket. They have different FPs reserved.
1. When they get the physical tickets, does it matter who uses which ticket to enter the park, or can either one take either ticket as their own? (And if it does matter, how can they tell who's assigned to which ticket?)
2. Does it matter after they enter the first park (i.e. are their fingerprints each tied to a particular ticket)?
3. If Jack has an FP for Dumbo, would Jill be able to use that FP with her own ticket/Magic Band?
4. If Jack has an FP for Dumbo and Jill has an FP for Barnstormer at the same time, would Jill be able to use her MagicBand to use both FPs?

I think I'm giving myself a headache trying to figure out whether the Disney computer knows the difference between Jack and Jill.
1. There will be a ticket NUMBER printed on each ticket. Compare it with the number associated with Jack and Jill.
Jack should use the ticket with "his" number on it.
2. Yes, and yes.
3. Nope.
4. Nope.
If Jill wants to use Jack's FP (which is fine) she needs to borrow Jack's ticket to scan at the FP attraction.
If Jack wants to use Jill's FP (which is fine) he needs to borrow Jill's MB (or plastic ticket) to scan at the FP attraction.

1. There will be a ticket NUMBER printed on each ticket. Compare it with the number associated with Jack and Jill.
Jack should use the ticket with "his" number on it.
2. Yes, and yes.
3. Nope.
4. Nope.
If Jill wants to use Jack's FP (which is fine) she needs to borrow Jack's ticket to scan at the FP attraction.
If Jack wants to use Jill's FP (which is fine) he needs to borrow Jill's MB (or plastic ticket) to scan at the FP attraction.
Thank you! How does one see what ticket number is associated with each person?

Thank you! How does one see what ticket number is associated with each person?
As I recall, you can view individual ticket details in MyDisneyExperience under the heading, "Tickets and Passes."

So while cleaning out an old basket I found 2 old paper tickets. They have a bar code that is barely visible but they also have a scan strip at the top. I'm 100% sure they are the no expire tickets (i remember adding that option) and they have days left on them but I don't know how many. Can guest services figure out if these are still good?

So while cleaning out an old basket I found 2 old paper tickets. They have a bar code that is barely visible but they also have a scan strip at the top. I'm 100% sure they are the no expire tickets (i remember adding that option) and they have days left on them but I don't know how many. Can guest services figure out if these are still good?

Guest Relations can do this if you take them the tickets

You didn't say if you can read the NUMBERS on the tickets.
The printed numbers can be used to access the files related to these tickets,
even if you are not at WDW.
(Don't post the numbers on this board, of course.)

Guest Relations can do this if you take them the tickets

You didn't say if you can read the NUMBERS on the tickets.
The printed numbers can be used to access the files related to these tickets,
even if you are not at WDW.
(Don't post the numbers on this board, of course.)
Thank you.
The numbers are not all visible some are just barely. Thats why I wasn't sure if the scan strip at the top could be used. If it can't be used anymore, then I don't see any way that they would be able to tell what these tickets are.

Thank you.
The numbers are not all visible some are just barely. Thats why I wasn't sure if the scan strip at the top could be used. If it can't be used anymore, then I don't see any way that they would be able to tell what these tickets are.

Give 'em a shot at it, for sure.

Hi all,

We are going to Disney in August and I plan to upgrade some passes I had previously purchased and want to make sure I under the price bridging and how much I should be paying.
I purchased 2 4 day MYW PH + 3 extra days from Undercover Tourist from the pre-2/2017 batch. So essentially, they are 7 day PH.

The cost for 2 annual platinum passes is currently $1,808.38.
It appears the cost for 1 7 day pre-2/2017 pass was 467.54 x 2 = 935.08
Therefore, I should be paying 873.30.

Does this look right?
Also, we won't get to Disney until after mid-night the night we arrive, so I'm going to have to upgrade the next day after we do morning rope drop. It looks like I should be able to get my parking fee refunded or used to reduce my upgrade price. Is that correct?

Thanks in advance!

A. In reality, they ARE regular 7-day Hoppers.
B. Yes. (Including tax)
C. Yes. (Including tax)
D. Yes. (Including tax)
E. Right.
F. Yes.

So I thought I would update everyone on my experience. We were at Disney two weeks ago and I attempted to upgrade my passes at Hollywood prior to using them. My husband was very nervous to use them first so I agreed to go ahead and upgrade before we went in. We had a wonderful CM who knew exactly what she was doing and bridge and upgraded with no problem at all...It was such a painless process.

However, when it was all said and done she said our total was $722.08. I didn't argue because that was considerably less than $873 I had calculated. I've tried to figure out where that number came from, but have not had any success re-creating that total. Anyone have a guess?

So I thought I would update everyone on my experience. We were at Disney two weeks ago and I attempted to upgrade my passes at Hollywood prior to using them. My husband was very nervous to use them first so I agreed to go ahead and upgrade before we went in. We had a wonderful CM who knew exactly what she was doing and bridge and upgraded with no problem at all...It was such a painless process.

However, when it was all said and done she said our total was $722.08. I didn't argue because that was considerably less than $873 I had calculated. I've tried to figure out where that number came from, but have not had any success re-creating that total. Anyone have a guess?

Nope. I can't arrive at $722.08, either, no matter which numbers I plug in.
Congrats on the "deal!"
Enjoy!!

Because I was curious, I tried to run the numbers too:

($1,808.38 - $722.08)/2 = $543.15

That turns out to be the price of an "8 Day Park Hopper Plus (8 options)" with tax from the "2017" prices list.

I have a question regarding our 10-day base tickets and special events tickets. we bought tickets to the Halloween party for October 31st but because the party is so long and we are planning to attend for the whole duration we were thinking of going to one of the other parks in the morning and taking a break and then going to the party in the evening. Is that possible to do with base tickets? I read somewhere when I purchased the party tickets that it said something about requiring admissions to the park in order to get into the party. so does that mean that we need to upgrade to a hopper because I called Disney and I got a vague answer. the answer actually was that the party tickets are valid admissions to the park after 4 p.m. but they didn't answer my question whether I need a park hopper or not but she did say that in the event that they don't let us in I would be able to upgrade to a one-day park hopper out of my 10-day Base ticket but that just doesn't seem right to me so I just need some clarification please and thank you so much in advance!

I have a question regarding our 10-day base tickets and special events tickets. we bought tickets to the Halloween party for October 31st but because the party is so long and we are planning to attend for the whole duration we were thinking of going to one of the other parks in the morning and taking a break and then going to the party in the evening.
1. Is that possible to do with base tickets?
2. I read somewhere when I purchased the party tickets that it said something about requiring admissions to the park in order to get into the party. so does that mean that we need to upgrade to a hopper because
3. I called Disney and I got a vague answer.
the answer actually was that the party tickets are valid admissions to the park after 4 p.m. but they didn't answer my question whether I need a park hopper or not but
4. she did say that in the event that they don't let us in I would be able to upgrade to a one-day park hopper out of my 10-day Base ticket but
5. that just doesn't seem right to me so I just need some clarification please and thank you so much in advance!

1. Yes.
2. Nothing to worry about.
Your party ticket is a stand-alone ticket, not related to "park hopping" rules.
3. The "phone CMs" have little training or knowledge of park rules and operations.
4. Sorry, but that is just plain bad "phone CM" information.
5. But, since it doesn't matter that you don't have a "hopper," don't worry about it.
Have fun!

Last edited:
1. Yes.
2. Nothing to worry about.
Your party ticket is a stand-alone ticket, not related to "park hopping" rules.
3. The "phone CMs" have little training or knowledge of park rules and operations.
4. Sorry, but that is just plain bad "phone CM" information.
5. But, since it doesn't matter that you don't have a "hopper," don't worry about it.
Have fun!
I really appreciate this because I'm trying to set up an itinerary for us and this is a big help thank you!

we bought tickets to the Halloween party for October 31st... I read somewhere when I purchased the party tickets that it said something about requiring admissions to the park in order to get into the party.
I didn't specifically address this in my earlier post.
In fact, guests with MNSSHP or MVMCP tickets do NOT need to have regular MK tickets in order to enter and attend the parties.
Party guests can enter MK starting at about 4pm on the date of their party using only their party tickets.
This doesn't change what I told you before, but I wanted to be more specific about this point.

I didn't specifically address this in my earlier post.
In fact, guests with MNSSHP or MVMCP tickets do NOT need to have regular MK tickets in order to enter and attend the parties.
Party guests can enter MK starting at about 4pm on the date of their party using only their party tickets.
This doesn't change what I told you before, but I wanted to be more specific about this point.
that is really good to know because with the special event tickets we can park hop in a sense without having to upgrade to park hopper tickets. we have tickets to both the Halloween party and the Christmas party but we wanted to see other parks at the beginning of the day because I think it would just be too much to do all one Park I'll one day especially with the parties last until midnight. thank you for all the great info!

that is really good to know because with the special event tickets we can park hop in a sense without having to upgrade to park hopper tickets. we have tickets to both the Halloween party and the Christmas party but we wanted to see other parks at the beginning of the day because I think it would just be too much to do all one Park I'll one day especially with the parties last until midnight. thank you for all the great info!

You're good to go!
You're welcome and have a great time at WDW!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter