So I did just this. They confirmed my tickets were pre-increase, and let me send them back. Once they received them, they called me to say they ONLY had pre-increase tickets in stock, and said I would have to get etickets instead. So, I did that. They did not charge me the 5% fee. Now we're just waiting till August to see what the upgrade price ends up being.

I have the same problem. Going to call UCT tomorrow to ask. Did they credit you the purchase price and then recharge the price for the new tickets or did they just count it as an even exchange?

I used the AMEX $30 off $150 purchase deal so was wondering if it would be worth it.

Thanks!

2 Water Parks in 1 Day with Water Park Option?

We have the MYW Tix + Park Hopper + Water Park. Would we be able to go to 1 of the water parks in the morning and the other water park later in the day and have it considered a re-entry and thus have only used 1 of our water park entitlements for the day? Thanks for any info on this!

2 Water Parks in 1 Day with Water Park Option?

We have the MYW Tix + Park Hopper + Water Park. Would we be able to go to 1 of the water parks in the morning and the other water park later in the day and have it considered a re-entry and thus have only used 1 of our water park entitlements for the day? Thanks for any info on this!

From the info that I have, you can do what you ask if you buy a one-day Water Park ticket, but if you buy the Water Parks as part of a multi-day ticket, visiting 2 different Water Parks in the same day counts as 2 entires off of your ticket in that one day.

My daughter, her DH, and daughter all bought a renewal voucher in February 2017. Their ap expired in march 2017. Because of medical issues for his mom, they have not been able to go to WDW and have not exchanged their vouchers. My daughter and granddaughter are going to go to WDW in mid July for a couple of days and planned to activate their renewals, which will only have 8 months left on them. We are wondering if any has had an issue like this. If possible I think she should see if she can exchange the value of her renewal certicates for a new AP which would at least give her a full 12 months, plus she would have to pay the difference. Interested in some opinions or first hand experiences. They are dvc members. Not sure when her husband will get there. Tks

My daughter, her DH, and daughter all bought a renewal voucher in February 2017. Their ap expired in march 2017. Because of medical issues for his mom, they have not been able to go to WDW and have not exchanged their vouchers.
My daughter and granddaughter are going to go to WDW in mid July for a couple of days
1. and planned to activate their renewals, which will only have 8 months left on them.
2. We are wondering if any has had an issue like this.
3. If possible I think she should see if she can exchange the value of her renewal certicates for a new AP which would at least give her a full 12 months,
4. plus she would have to pay the difference.
1. Sounds right. Not everyone uses renewals "immediately."
2. That is actually quite "normal" for many renewals, to be activated deep into the renewal year (even deeper than just 4 months.)
3. She can certainly "ask nicely."
4. Again, she can ask, but they don't normally pro-rate APs.

My #3 answer above always applies.
You just never know until you ask.

I have been a loyal reader of this thread for months! We are scheduled to leave in less than 3 weeks and we'd like to knock out the upgrade of 7 day park hoppers to APs on our first night. We didn't previously plan to go to any parks on arrival day but after chatting it over we want to put the whole upgrade behind us rather than waste time on our first park day. We are staying at POFQ so we thought about heading to Disney Springs to make the upgrade and then potentially grab a bite to eat. Is this recommended or should we plan to go to one of the parks?

These are pre Feb 2017 price increase tickets so they are valued at $467.54. APs will cost $829.64 each. In addition, I prepurchased memory maker before we planned the second trip this year and made the decision to get APs.

Here is my math:
APs 829.64
7day PH (pre feb 2017) - 467.54
Cost per ticket to upgrade 362.10

362.10 x 3 tickets= 1086.30
cost for MM prepurchase - 149.00
Final out of pocket cost to upgrade $937.30

Am I correct in my math? Thoughts on using a Guest Relations at Disney Springs vs. one of the parks. The tickets will not have been used yet but my understanding is that doesn't matter.

Thanks In Advance,
Ashley

1. The math looks good. (I assume there would be tax on the Memory Maker price.)
2. You can, if you like. It doesn't necessarily rate "better" or "worse."
3. Correct.

So - I am thinking of doing the same thing as ashmac8, but will be upgrading to DVC APs and haven't yet bought a ticket yet, and had a few questions specific to our situation:

1. We are going to the parks for probably 6-7 days total, but with a 1 week cruise in between. So we are looking at WDW for 3-4 days before and after the cruise. Total time "on vacation" is exactly 14 days. So we could buy 1 6-7 day ticket to cover both short stays. But my question is about FPs - since we aren't upgrading to the AP until we get there, will we be able to make 3-4 days of FP reservations at 60 days out for the precruise stay, and then another set of 3 days of FP starting 60 days out for the postcruise stay on the same ticket? Or are we limited to making 6-7 consecutive days of FP reservations beginning at 60 days before the first day of our first stay? Or something else?

2. Memory maker math - we'd want to prepurchase the memory maker as well, right? since it takes a couple days to activate? In ashmac's example above, if you've already bought MM before upgrading, does Disney credit the MM purchase price when upgrading, too?

3. Is there something I'm not considering here, given our two short stays? We're going in mid-August, so I'd have to buy tickets this week and link to my MDE account before making FP reservations, right?

Thanks in advance. I thought I had it all figured out but then ...

So - I am thinking of doing the same thing as ashmac8, but will be upgrading to DVC APs and haven't yet bought a ticket yet, and had a few questions specific to our situation:

1. We are going to the parks for probably 6-7 days total, but with a 1 week cruise in between. So we are looking at WDW for 3-4 days before and after the cruise. Total time "on vacation" is exactly 14 days. So we could buy 1 6-7 day ticket to cover both short stays. But my question is about FPs - since we aren't upgrading to the AP until we get there,
1a.will we be able to make 3-4 days of FP reservations at 60 days out for the precruise stay, and then another set of 3 days of FP starting 60 days out for the postcruise stay on the same ticket?
1b. Or are we limited to making 6-7 consecutive days of FP reservations beginning at 60 days before the first day of our first stay? Or something else?

2. Memory maker math - we'd want to prepurchase the memory maker as well, right? since it takes a couple days to activate? In ashmac's example above, if you've already bought MM before upgrading, does Disney credit the MM purchase price when upgrading, too?

3. Is there something I'm not considering here, given our two short stays? We're going in mid-August, so I'd have to buy tickets this week and link to my MDE account before making FP reservations, right?

Thanks in advance. I thought I had it all figured out but then ...

1a. Yes.
1b. Nope.
2. If you take MM photos starting your first day, they will be in your file from the start.
How you PAY for the photos is what is the choice.
But, if you want to be "safe," then, yes, you can purchase MM in advance and get a refund when you upgrade to AP.
3. You want to have tickets at least 60 days before check-in.

1a. Yes.
1b. Nope.
2. If you take MM photos starting your first day, they will be in your file from the start.
How you PAY for the photos is what is the choice.
But, if you want to be "safe," then, yes, you can purchase MM in advance and get a refund when you upgrade to AP.
3. You want to have tickets at least 60 days before check-in.

Perfect, thank you!

So here is my annoying ticket upgrade story from last week. I have a DVC Gold Annual pass. In Jan. 2017 (pre-increase) I purchased 5 day park hoppers from UT (listed as a 4 day PH with a 5th day free) for my two kids ages 4 and 9 at $376.25 each.

Day 1 - I go to guest services at MK front gate to activate my Gold AP and inquire about upgrading kids to Gold AP since we are coming back in Oct. They told me that the value of the kids tickets was only $364.58. I politely told them that we had paid more for the tickets than that. They told me that they now only credit the amount that UT paid for the tickets. In a hurry to get into the parks, I told them thanks, but no thanks. They did not say anything about making notes in my file, but maybe they did...

Day 2 - I go to guest services in Liberty Square. Same story, only $364.58. Thanks, but no thanks.

Day 3 - I go to the ticket window at AK. Same story again, only $364.58. At this point, we really needed to make FP for Friday, which would be Day 6 and I could not do so with a 5 day ticket. Seriously annoyed, I decided the time I had spent in these lines (combined now almost 2 hours) was no longer worth it and said fine, just upgrade them.

Get back to my room that night, check my MDE, the kids APs say they expire Dec. 31, 2017 instead of June 4, 2018 (1 year from the date the ticket was first used).

Day 4 - Super annoyed, after a few hours in the park in the rain, I go stand in line at Epcot front gate guest services (in the POURING RAIN). I told the cast member that I was already frustrated that we did not get at least what we had paid for the ticket as credit in the upgrade, but at this point I just wanted the date fixed. He was very nice, had to call someone over to help him fix the date, and in the time he was waiting, he sat there writing a bunch of numbers down. Then, in a quiet voice, trying to not let me hear him he told the supervisor that came over that he had calculated it and that I should have only paid $188 for each upgrade instead of the $230.76 that I did pay for each upgrade. The supervisor agreed with him, but told him that there was nothing they could do to fix it at this point. I contemplated speaking up and pushing them on it, but I had a kid asleep in the stroller in the pouring rain, and we really just wanted to get back to the hotel for naps so I decided to just leave it alone.

It would be really nice if they could AT LEAST get on the same page with what the value should be of pre-Feb. 2017 tickets! I don't plan on upgrading again in the near future since we will just renew our AP next year, so I am just chalking it up to live and learn. Getting the UT discount in the past and upgrading has been a great savings, but it is probably not worth the hassle anymore for us given the time we missed in the parks standing in guest services lines.

What is the current break even point on a AP?

It is a common misconception that there is such a thing as a "break-even point."

Since the longest ticket that WDW sells for USA guests is a 10-day Hopper PLUS (which includes 10 admissions to Water Parks and other WDW venues,)
many would say that anything needed longer/larger than that for a single trip would rate an AP.

BUT, there are many other considerations for AP value.
The AP is good for multiple trips for 366 days, straight.
The AP includes Memory Maker photos & videos (which costs extra for non-AP holders.
The AP includes free parking at the theme parks.
The AP includes many discounts on certain meals and some hard-ticket events.
The AP includes shopping discounts at some stores.
The AP includes (often times) special invitations for the pre-opening of new attractions.
The AP includes (many times) special pricing for WDW resort rooms at certain times of year.
The AP includes the right to purchase "Tables in Wonderland" which offers a percentage off on certain WDW dining.
And, there are a few other benefits, too.

So, if a guest wants or needs any of the above extras, that can heavily influence
the "break-even point" at which an AP looks advantageous.

Last edited:
So here is my annoying ticket upgrade story from last week. I have a DVC Gold Annual pass. In Jan. 2017 (pre-increase) I purchased 5 day park hoppers from UT (listed as a 4 day PH with a 5th day free) for my two kids ages 4 and 9 at $376.25 each.

Day 1 - I go to guest services at MK front gate to activate my Gold AP and inquire about upgrading kids to Gold AP since we are coming back in Oct. They told me that the value of the kids tickets was only $364.58. I politely told them that we had paid more for the tickets than that. They told me that they now only credit the amount that UT paid for the tickets. In a hurry to get into the parks, I told them thanks, but no thanks. They did not say anything about making notes in my file, but maybe they did...

Day 2 - I go to guest services in Liberty Square. Same story, only $364.58. Thanks, but no thanks.

Day 3 - I go to the ticket window at AK. Same story again, only $364.58. At this point, we really needed to make FP for Friday, which would be Day 6 and I could not do so with a 5 day ticket. Seriously annoyed, I decided the time I had spent in these lines (combined now almost 2 hours) was no longer worth it and said fine, just upgrade them.

Get back to my room that night, check my MDE, the kids APs say they expire Dec. 31, 2017 instead of June 4, 2018 (1 year from the date the ticket was first used).

Day 4 - Super annoyed, after a few hours in the park in the rain, I go stand in line at Epcot front gate guest services (in the POURING RAIN). I told the cast member that I was already frustrated that we did not get at least what we had paid for the ticket as credit in the upgrade, but at this point I just wanted the date fixed. He was very nice, had to call someone over to help him fix the date, and in the time he was waiting, he sat there writing a bunch of numbers down. Then, in a quiet voice, trying to not let me hear him he told the supervisor that came over that he had calculated it and that I should have only paid $188 for each upgrade instead of the $230.76 that I did pay for each upgrade. The supervisor agreed with him, but told him that there was nothing they could do to fix it at this point. I contemplated speaking up and pushing them on it, but I had a kid asleep in the stroller in the pouring rain, and we really just wanted to get back to the hotel for naps so I decided to just leave it alone.

It would be really nice if they could AT LEAST get on the same page with what the value should be of pre-Feb. 2017 tickets! I don't plan on upgrading again in the near future since we will just renew our AP next year, so I am just chalking it up to live and learn. Getting the UT discount in the past and upgrading has been a great savings, but it is probably not worth the hassle anymore for us given the time we missed in the parks standing in guest services lines.
What a bummer! Make sure no sense that you wouldn't at least have gotten the pre-increase price and not what UT paid. :(

When you have some spare time...
Call WDW Ticketing (it's a special department) and tell them this info (and the rest of the story.)

WDW Ticketing (407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat

You might as well try to get the corrected refund for your troubles.

When you have some spare time...
Call WDW Ticketing (it's a special department) and tell them this info (and the rest of the story.)

WDW Ticketing (407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat

You might as well try to get the corrected refund for your troubles.

Thanks for this, I will call them tomorrow. I'll let you know if I have any luck

If I load a ticket into my account to make fp reservations, can I reassign that tkt should my plans change and I don't take that trip?

Fp window has arrived. I have two tkt media I could use, but if trip ends up not happening, I would need to reassign these tickets. Doable?

Alternatively, I could just load a tkt I have for a future trip and copy my fastpasses to my friend's account once the trip is firm. If the trip doesn't happen, I would use my tkt for the future trip.

Last edited:
1. If I load a ticket into my account to make fp reservations, can I reassign that tkt should my plans change and I don't take that trip?

Fp window has arrived. I have two tkt media I could use, but if trip ends up not happening, I would need to reassign these tickets.
2. Doable?

1. Yes.
2. Yup.

1) Can you purchase a Disneyland annual pass at a Walt Disney World guest relations center?
2) If this is possible, are you able to upgrade your current WDW park hopper pass to the Disneyland annual pass?

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter