• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I have been a loyal reader of this thread for months! We are scheduled to leave in less than 3 weeks and we'd like to knock out the upgrade of 7 day park hoppers to APs on our first night. We didn't previously plan to go to any parks on arrival day but after chatting it over we want to put the whole upgrade behind us rather than waste time on our first park day. We are staying at POFQ so we thought about heading to Disney Springs to make the upgrade and then potentially grab a bite to eat. Is this recommended or should we plan to go to one of the parks?

These are pre Feb 2017 price increase tickets so they are valued at $467.54. APs will cost $829.64 each. In addition, I prepurchased memory maker before we planned the second trip this year and made the decision to get APs.

Here is my math:
APs 829.64
7day PH (pre feb 2017) - 467.54
Cost per ticket to upgrade 362.10

362.10 x 3 tickets= 1086.30
cost for MM prepurchase - 149.00
Final out of pocket cost to upgrade $937.30

Am I correct in my math? Thoughts on using a Guest Relations at Disney Springs vs. one of the parks. The tickets will not have been used yet but my understanding is that doesn't matter.

Thanks In Advance,
Ashley

What is the discount on an AP Platinum Pass renewal? Ours expire in January and I'm trying to decide if we should renew.

I'm sorry if this was answered already, but I don't understand the price bridging info. We purchased our tickets as part of a package in August 2016 for our August 2017 trip. We got three adult and one child 8-day water park fun & more tickets. Total was $1870.14 (tax included). The WPF&M add on was $64 per person at the time.

I am now thinking we should add park hopper, so I want to upgrade to the Park Hopper Plus option. The upgrade to PH+ is $90 per person.

So, how much will this cost me? Will it be $110.76 (the difference between the current PH+ price of $90 and the previous WPF&M price of $64, plus tax) or will it be $281.16 (the difference between the cost of the tickets we purchased in 2016 of $1870.14 and the cost of tickets if we were to purchase them today of $2151.30.)

Or am I totally off and it would be an entirely different amount?

Thanks for your help!!

I have been a loyal reader of this thread for months! We are scheduled to leave in less than 3 weeks and we'd like to knock out the upgrade of 7 day park hoppers to APs on our first night. We didn't previously plan to go to any parks on arrival day but after chatting it over we want to put the whole upgrade behind us rather than waste time on our first park day. We are staying at POFQ so we thought about heading to Disney Springs to make the upgrade and then potentially grab a bite to eat. Is this recommended or should we plan to go to one of the parks?

These are pre Feb 2017 price increase tickets so they are valued at $467.54. APs will cost $829.64 each. In addition, I prepurchased memory maker before we planned the second trip this year and made the decision to get APs.

Here is my math:
APs 829.64
7day PH (pre feb 2017) - 467.54
Cost per ticket to upgrade 362.10

362.10 x 3 tickets= 1086.30
cost for MM prepurchase - 149.00
Final out of pocket cost to upgrade $937.30

1. Am I correct in my math?
2. Thoughts on using a Guest Relations at Disney Springs vs. one of the parks.
3. The tickets will not have been used yet but my understanding is that doesn't matter.

Thanks In Advance,
Ashley

1. The math looks good. (I assume there would be tax on the Memory Maker price.)
2. You can, if you like. It doesn't necessarily rate "better" or "worse."
3. Correct.

What is the discount on an AP Platinum Pass renewal? Ours expire in January and I'm trying to decide if we should renew.

It is approx. 10%.

In general, if you will not use your AP within 1-2 months of renewal, it can usually be better to not renew, but buy a new AP at
the time of your next trip.

(Otherwise, you need to be able to plan your entire next year's WDW travel plans in order to judge the renewal value.)

I'm sorry if this was answered already, but I don't understand the price bridging info. We purchased our tickets as part of a package in August 2016 for our August 2017 trip. We got three adult and one child 8-day water park fun & more tickets. Total was $1870.14 (tax included). The WPF&M add on was $64 per person at the time.

I am now thinking we should add park hopper, so I want to upgrade to the Park Hopper Plus option. The upgrade to PH+ is $90 per person.

So, how much will this cost me? Will it be $110.76 (the difference between the current PH+ price of $90 and the previous WPF&M price of $64, plus tax) or will it be $281.16 (the difference between the cost of the tickets we purchased in 2016 of $1870.14 and the cost of tickets if we were to purchase them today of $2151.30.)

Or am I totally off and it would be an entirely different amount?

Thanks for your help!!

My answer is a qualified, "I have no idea."
Since they changed the entire STRUCTURE of the Hoppers vs. Water Parks Fun & More ("Hopper Plus")
there's no telling what the CM may charge to make your upgrade happen.
Since these are PACKAGE tickets, I would CALL as soon as possible and inquire about upgrading before your trip.
You MIGHT get lucky and the cost might be what it would have been before the
Feb. increase and restructure.
It never hurts to "ask nicely."

Last edited:

I have a ticket question . . . I have a package booked for 9/9 - 9/16. I will be attending a conference from 9/5 - 9/8, but my family will not be flying down until 9/9. Is it possible to add days to my ticket without adding to the other tickets in my package? If yes, can I do that before I get arrive so that I can make Fastpass selections on those extra days?

I have a ticket question . . . I have a package booked for 9/9 - 9/16. I will be attending a conference from 9/5 - 9/8, but my family will not be flying down until 9/9.
1. Is it possible to add days to my ticket without adding to the other tickets in my package?
If yes,
2. can I do that before I get arrive so that I can make Fastpass selections on those extra days?

1. Yes. (BUT...)
2. Nope.

Unless you have "Free Dining" or some other package that REQUIRES tickets be purchased,
what you could have done is not bought the tickets as part of your resort package.
If you had "stand-alone" tickets, you could do anything you wanted, in advance.
As it is now, all guests in the package must have the same tickets until you actually
arrive and check in.

Unless you have "Free Dining" or some other package that REQUIRES tickets be purchased,
you very well could call now and ask to drop the tickets from your resort reservation,
then, just buy stand-alone tickets for each member of your party in the number of days
each guest actually needs.
(You could even buy the tickets from an authorized discounter.)

If you do that, you will be able to book FP for all days in advance.

Last edited:
1. Yes. (BUT...)
2. Nope.

what you could have done is not bought the tickets as part of your resort package.
If you had "stand-alone" tickets, you could do anything you wanted, in advance.
As it is now, all guests in the package must have the same tickets until you actually
arrive and check in.

you very well could call now and ask to drop the tickets from your resort reservation,
then, just buy stand-alone tickets for each member of your party in the number of days
each guest actually needs.
(You could even buy the tickets from an authorized discounter.)

If you do that, you will be able to book FP for all days in advance.

It is a Free Dining package . . . So I will not be able to add to my tickets because the free dining reservation starts after my conference? I was also considering upgrading to an AP . . . would I be able to do that when I check in for the conference?

Thanks for your help Robo!

It is a Free Dining package . . .
1. So I will not be able to add to my tickets because the free dining reservation starts after my conference?
I was also considering upgrading to an AP . . .
2. would I be able to do that when I check in for the conference?

1. Yup.
2. After you arrive and can go to a ticket booth or Guest Relations outside any park or at Disney Springs, you can upgrade
in any way you like. Free Dining and booked FP+ will remain after the upgrade.

1. Yup.
2. After you arrive and can go to a ticket booth or Guest Relations outside any park or at Disney Springs, you can upgrade
in any way you like. Free Dining and booked FP+ will remain after the upgrade.

Thanks so much for your help!

1. She should not need to be there.
2. You can give it a shot.
3. Yup.
4. You can create a "fake person" profile in your MDE and transfer the ticket there until needed.
5. When you are ready to (re)transfer it to a "real" person, you can do so at that time.

Rob -- following up on my question about converting a 1998 ticket to media that can be used to link to MDE and book fastpasses. Where in WDW can this transaction occur? Can it be done at a resort? If a friend is willing to try this for us I need to tell him where to go. Many thanks.

Rob -- following up on my question about converting a 1998 ticket to media that can be used to link to MDE and book fastpasses. Where in WDW can this transaction occur? Can it be done at a resort? If a friend is willing to try this for us I need to tell him where to go. Many thanks.
Go to a Guest Relations outside any park or
at the Disney Spring Welcome Center.

It is approx. 10%.

In general, if you will not use your AP within 1-2 months of renewal, it can usually be better to not renew, but buy a new AP at
the time of your next trip.

(Otherwise, you need to be able to plan your entire next year's WDW travel plans in order to judge the renewal value.)

The renewal cost on Gold AP is worth it for a little longer IMO since you have to have active tix in your MDE by 60 days out in order to book FP's. We have an October renewal and trips in September and again in January so it's worth it to us to renew in Oct vs paying full price in November for new ones...

I just saw a rumor on a FB group about another price increase coming soon...has anyone else heard anything about this??

The renewal cost on Gold AP is worth it for a little longer IMO since you have to have active tix in your MDE by 60 days out in order to book FP's. We have an October renewal and trips in September and again in January so it's worth it to us to renew in Oct vs paying full price in November for new ones...

Yup. That's a situation to what my last line in the post was referring.
"-you need to be able to plan your entire next year's WDW travel plans in order to judge the renewal value.)"

If you know that you will return a couple of times yearly, the renewal makes sense, even if you will not be returning immediately.

But, if your trips happen in a more unpredictable, "casual" pace,
it can make sense to simply wait and buy a new AP, one that will
then be fully available for a full year after that new, later date.

In many cases, a guest (especially not a "local") just buying an AP at all is making a "bet" that the investment will "pay off"
over any given year.

I could use some clarification please. I am going to buy a ticket from undercover tourist and link it to my husband. If by some chance he can't make the trip can I reassign the ticket to me? And what effect will that have on fast passes that have already been chosen? Thanks for the help!

I could use some clarification please. I am going to buy a ticket from undercover tourist and link it to my husband.
1. If by some chance he can't make the trip can I reassign the ticket to me?
2. And what effect will that have on fast passes that have already been chosen?

1. Yes. (Unused tickets can be transferred to anyone.)
2. I don't understand the question.
If the ticket remains unused, any FPs booked using it as a reference will simply not be used.
If the ticket is used to enter a park by someone else, that someone else can use the booked FPs (or change them to something else.)

thanks Robo.....I wasn't sure if I transferred the ticket if the fast passes would be lost or would stay with the ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter