Hi Robo,

Once an unused ticket has passed its expired date does it usually disappear from the MDE app as seen from the guest side? (7 day PH, issued prior to the daily pricing)

Thanks!
There are many reasons that a ticket (expired or not) might disappear in MDX.
(MDX is infamously GLITCHY in all regards, at all times.)
But, there have been reports that expired tickets DO disappear from visible listing in MDX.
Regardless, an expired ticket can still be "seen" by Disney, so that its value can be used to purchase a new valid ticket, when needed.
(We are still not sure if that "upgrade" needs to be done by the guest in-person at WDW.)

There are many reasons that a ticket (expired or not) might disappear in MDX.
(MDX is infamously GLITCHY in all regards, at all times.)
But, there have been reports that expired tickets DO disappear from visible listing in MDX.
Regardless, an expired ticket can still be "seen" by Disney, so that its value can be used to purchase a new valid ticket, when needed.
(We are still not sure if that "upgrade" needs to be done by the guest in-person at WDW.)
Thank you!
It sounds like there should be no issue if I call and ask them to verify the pass being there.
I don't plan on using it for some time, so there's no point to me trying to have them issue a new one otherwise I'd let you know about the upgrade bit via phone.

I have a couple of questions about expired tickets that I hope someone can answer. There is an almost $400 difference for us to buy tickets with the flexible vs. select-your-start-date option. I don't expect to have to change our travel dates, but it still makes me a bit nervous to choose the date. I read on the WDW website that the value of an expired ticket may be applied to a new one.

Are there any caveats (besides that the new ticket may cost more) to this? Do you think it would apply to tickets bought at undercover tourist, also?
Thanks for any info!

I have a couple of questions about expired tickets that I hope someone can answer. There is an almost $400 difference for us to buy tickets with the flexible vs. select-your-start-date option. I don't expect to have to change our travel dates, but it still makes me a bit nervous to choose the date. I read on the WDW website that the value of an expired ticket may be applied to a new one.

1. Are there any caveats (besides that the new ticket may cost more) to this?
2. Do you think it would apply to tickets bought at undercover tourist, also?
Thanks for any info!
1. I would not frivolously buy a flexible date ticket.
Generally better to buy a fixed-date ticket, then change the date... if your trip dates change.
2. It does.

@Robo ... HELP! I have received conflicting answers over on the Budget Board and so I would like your insight please:flower3:

The day after the most recent price increase, I bought a 6-day park-hopper from UCT (date-specific) and paid about $535 which was the "old" price. My intention is to upgrade to the DVC Gold AP in October during our trip, but since my 2021 trip is not confirmed yet, I am not 100% sure I will upgrade. I will know for certain by the time we travel.

In the past, I simply used the ticket once and then received the full, CURRENT value of a park-hopper ticket towards the cost of an AP. Now, I am getting information that the only value I will receive for it is the amount that the ticket was worth on the DAY that I bought it....or possibly the value on the day that it was minted (which was back in June 2018:confused3 according to the date on the back of the ticket)...or only the "old face value" of the ticket, which is what Disney was selling them for before the price increase...I'm very confused:confused:

My question to you is...How much should I plan to pay to upgrade to the AP? I bought the ticket after the most recent price increase was released by Disney, but UCT was selling the tickets at the previous price-point.

@Robo ... HELP! I have received conflicting answers over on the Budget Board and so I would like your insight please:flower3:

The day after the most recent price increase, I bought a 6-day park-hopper from UCT (date-specific) and paid about $535 which was the "old" price. My intention is to upgrade to the DVC Gold AP in October during our trip, but since my 2021 trip is not confirmed yet, I am not 100% sure I will upgrade. I will know for certain by the time we travel.

1. In the past, I simply used the ticket once and then received the full, CURRENT value of a park-hopper ticket towards the cost of an AP.
2. Now, I am getting information that the only value I will receive for it is the amount that the ticket was worth on the DAY that I bought it....
3. or possibly the value on the day that it was minted (which was back in June 2018:confused3 according to the date on the back of the ticket)...
4. or only the "old face value" of the ticket, which is what Disney was selling them for before the price increase...I'm very confused:confused:

My question to you is...
5. How much should I plan to pay to upgrade to the AP? I bought the ticket after the most recent price increase was released by Disney, but UCT was selling the tickets at the previous price-point.
1. Not for years and years I'm afraid.
2. The full on-line DISNEY price for that ticket when it was sold to UT.
3. Well, THAT date is not necessarily pertinent.
4. The full on-line DISNEY price for that ticket when it was sold to UT.
5. Your ticket will be valued at #2 or #4. (Which is the same amount.)
In short, the full on-line DISNEY value of that ticket before the latest price increase.
Subtract that amount from the the current on-line price of the new ticket that you want.

I just had to report in on my luck last night winning a silent auction item at a charity bingo. They had 4 day park hoppers that you could bid on. They expire Nov 2021 and I won for $400 for all 4!!!! There were over 400 people in the room and I could not believe nobody realized what a bargain this was. I bid $100 over the last bid - I thought for sure I would have to go double that amount. Really helps us out this year so very grateful!

I just had to report in on my luck last night winning a silent auction item at a charity bingo. They had 4 day park hoppers that you could bid on. They expire Nov 2021 and I won for $400 for all 4!!!! There were over 400 people in the room and I could not believe nobody realized what a bargain this was. I bid $100 over the last bid - I thought for sure I would have to go double that amount. Really helps us out this year so very grateful!

The silent auction had FOUR, "4 day park hopper" tickets.
You got all four of the tickets for single bid of $400, total.

Very nice!
Congrats!

Last edited:
1. Not for years and years I'm afraid.
2. The full on-line DISNEY price for that ticket when it was sold to UT.
3. Well, THAT date is not necessarily pertinent.
4. The full on-line DISNEY price for that ticket when it was sold to UT.
5. Your ticket will be valued at #2 or #4. (Which is the same amount.)
In short, the full on-line DISNEY value of that ticket before the latest price increase.
Subtract that amount from the the current on-line price of the new ticket that you want.

In the past, I simply used the ticket once and then received the full, CURRENT value of a park-hopper ticket towards the cost of an AP. Now, I am getting information that the only value I will receive for it is the amount that the ticket was worth on the DAY that I bought it....or possibly the value on the day that it was minted (which was back in June 2018:confused3 according to the date on the back of the ticket)...or only the "old face value" of the ticket, which is what Disney was selling them for before the price increase...I'm very confused:confused:

My question to you is...How much should I plan to pay to upgrade to the AP? I bought the ticket after the most recent price increase was released by Disney, but UCT was selling the tickets at the previous price-point.

Not the OP but I have a similar question. So is it still advantageous to buy a discounted UCT park hopper from the old stock prior to the price increase, then use that to renew an AP? Thanks!

Not the OP but I have a similar question. So is it still advantageous to buy a discounted UCT park hopper from the old stock prior to the price increase, then use that to renew an AP? Thanks!
You can, and you will retain the original discount. You will not have avoided the ticket price increase, though, as that will be included in your upgrade cost.

Enjoy your vacation!

You can, and you will retain the original discount. You will not have avoided the ticket price increase, though, as that will be included in your upgrade cost.

Enjoy your vacation!

Thank you, but I'm sorry, I'm still confused :confused3

I can purchase an UCT 5 day PH adult ticket for $535.11 with starting use date 11/2/20.
Current Disney direct cost for that ticket is $617.10.
If I don't use this ticket to upgrade my Gold AP (which expired 6/3/20 that I need for Nov), and I just decide to use the ticket as is, I've saved money by buying the ticket now because I've essentially avoided the price increase.

If I decide I want to upgrade my 5 day PH ticket to renew my Gold AP which currently costs $632.61, I can do that, but I'm confused as to how much I'd pay. I don't see a date besides the order date on the UCT ticket (I purchased yesterday for my mom, decided now whether to purchase for myself or not), so how do I figure the create/mint date? Also, the links from post 6 seem to just take me to the current Disney pricing. Please help. Thank you!!!!

Ok so bought a 4day/4park ticket and I now plan to upgrade to an AP...can I do this by phone or do I need to wait until I arrive?

Ok so bought a 4day/4park ticket and I now plan to upgrade to an AP...can I do this by phone or do I need to wait until I arrive?
When and from whom did you buy the original tickets?

You MIGHT be able to do the upgrade yourself from inside your MyDisneyExperience.
You MIGHT be able to do that before you arrive.
If not, call Disney and ask.

Upgrading to an Annual Pass (AP)

If the guest purchased the Memory Maker photo service, in some cases, it is possible that the Memory Maker purchase cost can be refunded -or- deducted from the cost of purchasing, or upgrading to, an AP (since APs now include the Memory Maker photo service.)

99.9% sure I already know the answer but figured I'd ask anyway if anyone had same situation...
I booked a room/ticket package under my name for me and my sister for March.
I'm now realizing I most likely will be returning this fall, so I was looking into upgrading my ticket to an annual pass once I get there.
Last month, instead of waiting for me to do it, my sister went ahead and ordered the memory maker for us, which, while under my reservation/account, is now assigned under her name.
So, I'm guessing there's zero chance of getting that deducted from the cost when I upgrade, right?

Also, does anyone know if you can use the disney gift cards to pay the difference in upgrading at the ticket window? Figured if I bought a large enough gift card at Target, could at least get the 5 percent discount off the pass.

Thanks

Last edited:
99.9% sure I already know the answer but figured I'd ask anyway if anyone had same situation...
I booked a room/ticket package under my name for me and my sister for March.
I'm now realizing I most likely will be returning this fall, so I was looking into upgrading my ticket to an annual pass once I get there.

Last month, instead of waiting for me to do it, my sister went ahead and ordered the memory maker for us, which, while under my reservation/account, is now assigned under her name.
1. So, I'm guessing there's zero chance of getting that deducted from the cost when I upgrade, right?

2. does anyone know if you can use the disney gift cards to pay the difference in upgrading at the ticket window? Figured if I bought a large enough gift card at Target, could at least get the 5 percent discount off the pass.

Thanks,
Eleanor
1. Call, explain and ask.
2. Yes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter