I can give first hand report that YES, you will want to check before entering. I have an AP, and had tickets on the account in my name also. I knew I should move them but got lazy and didn't, thinking surely an AP would always have priority. Nope, entered and it used 1 of the days on the ticket. I spent time at GS getting it fixed and the original ticket reinstated. While there I made mention that I found it odd that a Premier AP wouldn't automatically have priority and the CM actually told me that there could be times someone would rather use a ticket than their AP. I can't fathom an instance where someone with a valid, any day AP would rather use a ticket but whatever. I let him think that and just never made that mistake again.
I would love to meet said person cause that just seems crazy to me!

Is there any way to tell if third party 10-day flexible date PH tickets have been printed recently? Thinking of getting one on UT to try and save money on an AP renewal via bridging.
Just make contact with UT and ask.
But, over all, the tickets that you buy currently should be "current" tickets.
They generally sell out of "old stock" tickets within a few weeks after a price increase.

I am going in May. My daughter's friend is coming with us. She just purchased an annual pass. I am the primary planner and she is listed under my account.
1. Will i be able to put her AP under her in my account?
2. If so, how do I do that? If not, what are my options?

3. Also planning on buying my park hoppers for everybody else with a discount through my union at work. I am having them mailed to me.
4. How hard/easy is it to add these to my MDE?
1. For the purposes of making advanced FP+ reservations, yes.
2. "Invite" her to join with you under your friends and family on your MDX account.
3. Check carefully the costs (including tax) to compare the price from your union and from other authorized ticket resellers.
Click HERE for the TouringPlans.com "Discount Ticket Search."

4. Once you get your tickets, just input their number(s) to your MDX account under "tickets."

Last edited:
We currently have a free dining package booked with 10-day park hoppers in December. We would like to use the tickets to renew our Platinum APs which expire in January.

Will the tickets' inherent value be less than they otherwise would be because of the free dining promotion? Or will their value be the same as if they were booked as part of a full-price package?

I get how bridging, upgrades, etc. are supposed to work with a full-priced package, but want to know ahead of time what impacts the I might encounter because these tickets may appear as "discounted" via free dining.

In my 6 previous years of doing this exact thing (upgrading free dining package tickets to AP / AP renewals) I have heard it both ways. And my experience last year was absolutely terrible. The CM made me cry and insinuated that I was some sort of con-woman trying to scam the system. I just want to go to Guest Relations with the right expectations and I really, really don't want to have another experience like last year.

Thank you!

We currently have a free dining package booked with 10-day park hoppers in December. We would like to use the tickets to renew our Platinum APs which expire in January.

1. Will the tickets' inherent value be less than they otherwise would be because of the free dining promotion?
2. Or will their value be the same as if they were booked as part of a full-price package?

3. I get how bridging, upgrades, etc. are supposed to work with a full-priced package, but want to know ahead of time what impacts the I might encounter
4. because these tickets may appear as "discounted" via free dining.

5. In my 6 previous years of doing this exact thing (upgrading free dining package tickets to AP / AP renewals) I have heard it both ways. And my experience last year was absolutely terrible. The CM made me cry and insinuated that I was some sort of con-woman trying to scam the system. I just want to go to Guest Relations with the right expectations and I really, really don't want to have another experience like last year.
1. Nope.
2. Their value will be the price of the same kind of tickets as if you bought them as stand-alone tickets from Disney on-line.
3. No difference.
4. Regardless, TICKETS would not be "discounted" due to "free dining," anyway.
It's the DINING that's "discounted" (so to speak.)
5. It is not your fault. It is the very sad state of (LACK of) adequate training for CMs.
Unfortunately, too many ill-trained CMs think they are "saving Disney money" by making up "rules" that simply do not exist.
Have a great trip!

Last edited:
They generally sell out of "old stock" tickets within a few weeks after a price increase.

Thanks Robo! I'll see if i can get in touch with their Live Chat.

I have an odd AP renewal question that I didn't see covered. If it's been asked before I apologize but it didn't come up in a search either.
I have 2 2 day tickets that we bought to turn our NYE stay in to a package, so I could pay less to book it. So those ticket's expiration date is last day of our stay, which is Jan 2. I did the same last year, planning to use the tickets towards our renewal (renew in June). Well, last year I paid to upgrade them to the Flexible Date option. Now, I'm wondering is that necessary. I know they never loose their face value and if you want to use them for park entry in the future, you'd just have to pay whatever the difference is in the current ticket. But does that also work for AP renewal. Can I get the cost I paid for the ticket toward the renewal, without the Flexible Date option? Hopefully I've explained that well enough

I think expired tickets can only be upgraded in-person. Therefore upgrading to the Flexible dates in January should allow you to more easily upgrade again to the AP renewal in June. The ultimate price shouldn't matter, as the cost of the upgrade to Flexible would then be included in the credit you receive towards the AP renewal -- as long as the cost for flexible doesn't put your ticket value higher than the AP cost (which I'm sure it won't for a 2-day ticket).

Enjoy your vacation!

Thanks Robo! I'll see if i can get in touch with their Live Chat.

Just spoke with one of the Chat reps and was told the "10-Day Disney Flexible Date Ticket with Park Hopper® Option" ticket (which I found to have the best savings) were dated for 6/25/18. I assume this is disadvantageous for the purpose of bridging as the cost of the ticket is more than the one listed in Post #6 for that date.

Just spoke with one of the Chat reps and was told the "10-Day Disney Flexible Date Ticket with Park Hopper® Option" ticket (which I found to have the best savings) were dated for 6/25/18. I assume this is disadvantageous for the purpose of bridging as the cost of the ticket is more than the one listed in Post #6 for that date.

But, I don't have a price list available for tickets minted between Oct.16, 2018 and March 12, 2019.

Would a date of 06/25/2018 not count as Group C in Post #6?
Yup. I carelessly read "6/25/2018" as "October 25, 2018."
(So, ignore my previous post about the price list.)

But, beyond that, I find it surprising that UT would still have in stock such a common/popular ticket
as that one from that long ago.

>> Did you ask what other "large" ticket they have that may offer a greater savings?

But, beyond that, I find it surprising that UT would still have in stock such a common/popular ticket

>> Did you ask what other "large" ticket they have that may offer a greater savings?
Unfortunately I only asked about 10-day flex date park hopper plus (since i'm trying to maximize savings) and was told they all have the 6/25/18 date. I'm not sure if that just means the 10-days or all of their multi-day tickets but i doubt it's the latter so i'll reach back out to them and see what they say

Unfortunately I only asked about 10-day flex date park hopper plus (since i'm trying to maximize savings) and was told they all have the 6/25/18 date. I'm not sure if that just means the 10-days or all of their multi-day tickets but i doubt it's the latter so i'll reach back out to them and see what they say

I chatted with a second rep at UT who claimed that the 6/25/18 date given from the first rep was the date the physical tickets were created, not when the entitlements were added. Take that for what it's worth, haha.

Just spoke with one of the Chat reps and was told the "10-Day Disney Flexible Date Ticket with Park Hopper® Option" ticket (which I found to have the best savings) were dated for 6/25/18.

i don’t think that’s right — there was no such animal as a “flexible date ticket” in June 2018. Did you buy it fairly recently? I’m almost positive UT is selling “current” stock tickets and have been for several months now.

I chatted with a second rep at UT who claimed that the 6/25/18 date given from the first rep was the date the physical tickets were created, not when the entitlements were added. Take that for what it's worth, haha.
Maybe when the physical hard ticket was produced? Not the “value” date of the ticket.

enjoy your vacation!

i don’t think that’s right — there was no such animal as a “flexible date ticket” in June 2018. Did you buy it fairly recently? I’m almost positive UT is selling “current” stock tickets and have been for several months now.

Maybe when the physical hard ticket was produced? Not the “value” date of the ticket.

enjoy your vacation!
Yeah I'm inclined to believe the 6/25/18 date was when the physical ticket was produced but has no value. I haven't made any purchases yet but i've had both good and bad experiences with bridging so I just want to make sure I'm doing my due diligence this time, ha.

I think expired tickets can only be upgraded in-person. Therefore upgrading to the Flexible dates in January should allow you to more easily upgrade again to the AP renewal in June. The ultimate price shouldn't matter, as the cost of the upgrade to Flexible would then be included in the credit you receive towards the AP renewal -- as long as the cost for flexible doesn't put your ticket value higher than the AP cost (which I'm sure it won't for a 2-day ticket).

Enjoy your vacation!
I'd only be renewing in person anyway, so that doesn't matter.
I was hoping to avoid paying for the Flex option during our January trip. As long as I can upgrade the ticket in June

Hi everyone! We have midday tickets this year and I know it says fast passes before 12pm will not be honored. If I make a fast pass for 11:30-12:30 will that be honored? Then I just use it once I’m in the park after 12. Thanks!

1. Nope.
2. Their value will be the price of the same kind of tickets as if you bought them as stand-alone tickets from Disney on-line.
3. No difference.
4. Regardless, TICKETS would not be "discounted" due to "free dining," anyway.
It's the DINING that's "discounted" (so to speak.)
5. It is not your fault. It is the very sad state of (LACK of) adequate training for CMs.
Unfortunately, too many ill-trained CMs think they are "saving Disney money" by making up "rules" that simply do not exist.
Have a great trip!

Thanks Robo! That's what I thought! Of course the rotten CM I dealt with last year insisted it was not how it worked, as did the "manager". I am already dreading the conversation again this year. I think I am going to try the Disney Springs Guest Relations, hoping maybe it will be easier to have a rational conversation there. Regardless, I will do my best not to let whatever happens impact our trip. Thanks again!!

Thanks Robo! That's what I thought! Of course the rotten CM I dealt with last year insisted it was not how it worked, as did the "manager". I am already dreading the conversation again this year. I think I am going to try the Disney Springs Guest Relations, hoping maybe it will be easier to have a rational conversation there. Regardless, I will do my best not to let whatever happens impact our trip. Thanks again!!
Ticket upgrades at Disney Springs are now handled at the Disney Springs "Ticket Center" (separate from the Disney Springs Welcome Center/Guest Relations.)

I'd only be renewing in person anyway, so that doesn't matter.
I was hoping to avoid paying for the Flex option during our January trip. As long as I can upgrade the ticket in June

You're good. Yes, unused expired tickets can be upgraded in-person. Just be sure to have your APs prioritized so these don't get used in January.

Enjoy your vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter