• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

3. Nothing is ever "put onto" any Magic Band (MB.)
Tickets are linked to ("put into") your MyDisneyExperience (MDX) account and then any MB that you own can ACCESS any and all of those tickets.
4. Nope.

1. That ticket can remain exactly as it is in your MDX account for the duration of your October trip.
2. Before you go on your October trip (right now, today, would be a good time to do this)
create a "new person" (fake name) in your MDX account. Then, transfer the new 4-day ticket
over into that "new person's" account.
That way, your 4-day ticket will not accidentally be used by you in October because it is no longer seen under your name.

Then, after your October trip, you can transfer the 4-day ticket back under your real name.

When you get to WDW in February, BEFORE going to a park gate, go to any Guest Relations and have your 4-Day ticket's PRIORITY set to the HIGHEST PRIORITY.
That way, the 4-day ticket will be used first and not the remaining days on your Non-expiring ticket.

Thanks so much, Robo! You're the best!!!!

I'm in a similar situation with 5 day PH Costco tix- needing to upgrade for November trip, expiring 1/2019. I was not able to upgrade over the phone, with a kind CM and asking nicely, she said she was unable to. YMMV but please report back if it works! Worst case I will post back here in November what value they used to upgrade.
I just called. Same results. Because it's a third party ticket Disney is unable to upgrade over the phone but can do it at guest services at either a park or in Disney Springs. I may call COSTCO travel and see if they can help.

edited to ask do any of the experts know of a special department, phone number, person or "magic" words to do the upgrade on the phone. I think there was an issue determining what I paid. I called the ticketing number and got moved up to a ticketing cast member.

Last edited:
In July 2018, my family visited WDW on a free dining bounceback package. Four people used the package tickets. I did not (I had other ticket media I used instead). My package ticket is still in my account, unused. It’s an 8-day hopper plus. The app lists the expiration as 1/31/19.

My mom wants to use it for a November 2018 3-day trip (was going to buy a 3-day base). I certainly could let her, but it seems like I should save this high value ticket for some future long trip, probably long after the ticket expires.

So... do we have any info or good guesses on the following:
1. Will expired tickets be okay for booking FastPasses?
2. Will an expired ticket retain its exact purchase price in trade? How do I prove that purchase price, since it was part of a package?
3. If I want to later purchase say, a future 6-day hopper that is at least as expensive as my trade-in ticket, do we think they’ll allow me to do it? Or do we think they’ll insist I buy 8+ days (which in the future could be WAY more expensive)?
4. Do you think I should call to try to get answers to all of this? If so, whom?

Thank you!

In July 2018, my family visited WDW on a free dining bounceback package. Four people used the package tickets. I did not (I had other ticket media I used instead). My package ticket is still in my account, unused. It’s an 8-day hopper plus. The app lists the expiration as 1/31/19.

My mom wants to use it for a November 2018 3-day trip (was going to buy a 3-day base). I certainly could let her, but it seems like I should save this high value ticket for some future long trip, probably long after the ticket expires.

So... do we have any info or good guesses on the following:
1. Will expired tickets be okay for booking FastPasses?
2. Will an expired ticket retain its exact purchase price in trade? How do I prove that purchase price, since it was part of a package?
3a. If I want to later purchase say, a future 6-day hopper that is at least as expensive as my trade-in ticket, do we think they’ll allow me to do it?
3b. Or do we think they’ll insist I buy 8+ days (which in the future could be WAY more expensive)?
4. Do you think I should call to try to get answers to all of this? If so, whom?

Thank you!
1. Unlikely, but we don’t know, yet.
2. Typically, that would be the case.
You don’t have to prove it. It will be the published WDW value of that ticket on the date of originally booking your past trip.
3a. Yes.
3b. Nope.
4. Absolutely, do NOT try THAT! ;)

So looking to book a package before the ticket changes happen. We are unsure at this time if we will need 6 or 7 day park hopper tickets. We would be going end of April. So I know you used to be able to add a day to your tickets while on vacation. Will we still be able to add a day the way you used to (Pay the difference between the 6 and 7 day?) We will be getting park hopper tickets. Since we don't have airfare yet - we don't know if we will want that extra day or not.

Ok, I need a quick sanity check here before I give Disney a call to try and sort out my situation. The scenario is as follows:

Back on April 24, 2018, I purchased a WDW package under the Free Dining promotion for a trip we just took from September 18-25, 2018. When the package was purchased, I took the minimum days worth of tickets (4-day w/Park Hopper) as both my wife and I, who were the only two travelling, are Platinum Plus Annual Passholders. Those annual passes were activated back on June 20, 2018 and at that time I requested those be set as our top priority tickets so that the 4-day hoppers purchased with the package wouldn't be used.

Yesterday, I went into MDE and noticed that I no longer see the 4-day park hopper tickets that were associated with our Free Dining trip. I'm assuming they are now expired but without being able to see them I cannot tell, nor can I see any way in MDE to view expired tickets. I just need to ensure that Disney didn't somehow burn them instead of using our annual passes during our September trip and that they are still available to redeem towards the value of future ticket purchases.

If anyone has any thoughts on this or my thinking above is flawed, please let me know. I'll be calling Disney later today to find out what happened to them.

Thanks in advance!

So looking to book a package before the ticket changes happen. We are unsure at this time if we will need 6 or 7 day park hopper tickets. We would be going end of April. So I know you used to be able to add a day to your tickets while on vacation.

1. Will we still be able to add a day the way you used to (Pay the difference between the 6 and 7 day?)
2. We will be getting park hopper tickets. Since we don't have airfare yet - we don't know if we will want that extra day or not.
1. Yes.
2. That's fine. Just know that if your trip happens after Oct. 16, 2018, you will have to pay the difference in price between TODAY's
6-day Hopper and the NEW PRICE for 7-day Hoppers.

Ok, I need a quick sanity check here before I give Disney a call to try and sort out my situation. The scenario is as follows:

Back on April 24, 2018, I purchased a WDW package under the Free Dining promotion for a trip we just took from September 18-25, 2018. When the package was purchased, I took the minimum days worth of tickets (4-day w/Park Hopper) as both my wife and I, who were the only two travelling, are Platinum Plus Annual Passholders. Those annual passes were activated back on June 20, 2018 and at that time I requested those be set as our top priority tickets so that the 4-day hoppers purchased with the package wouldn't be used.

Yesterday, I went into MDE and noticed that I no longer see the 4-day park hopper tickets that were associated with our Free Dining trip. I'm assuming they are now expired but without being able to see them I cannot tell, nor can I see any way in MDE to view expired tickets. I just need to ensure that Disney didn't somehow burn them instead of using our annual passes during our September trip and that they are still available to redeem towards the value of future ticket purchases.

If anyone has any thoughts on this or my thinking above is flawed, please let me know. I'll be calling Disney later today to find out what happened to them.

Thanks in advance!
MyDisneyExperience is in a downward swirling whirlpool of terrifying GLITCHES, and has been for weeks, now.

You can call, if you like, but know the wait-time to talk to IT can be long and daunting.
If you are not actually making a trip within the next couple of months, I'd leave things alone and just see "what happens."
(BTW, "what happens" seems to change up to a couple of times a day.)
Scary stuff, kids!!

MyDisneyExperience is in a downward swirling whirlpool of terrifying GLITCHES, and has been for weeks, now.

You can call, if you like, but know the wait-time to talk to IT can be long and daunting.
If you are not actually making a trip within the next couple of months, I'd leave things alone and just see "what happens."
(BTW, "what happens" seems to change up to a couple of times a day.)
Scary stuff, kids!!

Amen to that. We are going back in January but I can certainly wait and see if they can get MDE straightened out in the meanwhile. Thanks again Robo!

1. Unlikely, but we don’t know, yet.
2. Typically, that would be the case.
You don’t have to prove it. It will be the published WDW value of that ticket on the date of originally booking your past trip.
3a. Yes.
3b. Nope.
4. Absolutely, do NOT try THAT! ;)

Thank you! I am seriously not calling. I trust answers here far more than CM roulette.

So looking to book a package before the ticket changes happen. We are unsure at this time if we will need 6 or 7 day park hopper tickets. We would be going end of April. So I know you used to be able to add a day to your tickets while on vacation. Will we still be able to add a day the way you used to (Pay the difference between the 6 and 7 day?) We will be getting park hopper tickets. Since we don't have airfare yet - we don't know if we will want that extra day or not.

In your situation, I would 100% book a package with a 7-day ticket. Isn’t it about $10 more per person? I would definitely knowingly overpay by $10 than take a gamble on what the new prices will be.

In your situation,
I would 100% book a package with a 7-day ticket. Isn’t it about $10 more per person? I would definitely knowingly overpay by $10 than take a gamble on what the new prices will be.

Correct.
At that level, $10.65 per added day, per person.

Okay. Here's my situation. I have two 7-day Park Hoppers I bought November 2016. Hard plastic tickets, never loaded them into MDE. I don't see an expiration date on them (think they were the kind that expired 2030?).
What are my current options? I don't have a trip planned anytime in the near future.

Okay. Here's my situation. I have two 7-day Park Hoppers I bought November 2016. Hard plastic tickets, never loaded them into MDE. I don't see an expiration date on them (think they were the kind that expired 2030?).
What are my current options? I don't have a trip planned anytime in the near future.

You can use each of them as 7-day Park Hoppers.
Or, when you are at WDW, you can upgrade them to tickets with more days and/or features.
You can keep them as separate tickets, or you can input them into your MDX account if you want to book FP+ in advance of a trip.

We are DVC members and are interested in purchasing DVC Gold Annual Passes before the price change October 16. If we purchase them online will we receive certificates/vouchers or 12 digit codes? We plan on holding on to them for future travels, do we need to apply them to our MDX account now or can we wait until we are ready to use them? Also, we want to use Disney Gift Cards, are we only allowed to use 2 at one time? Thank you for the help.

We are DVC members and are interested in purchasing DVC Gold Annual Passes before the price change October 16.
1. If we purchase them online will we receive certificates/vouchers or 12 digit codes?
2. We plan on holding on to them for future travels, do we need to apply them to our MDX account now
3. or can we wait until we are ready to use them? Also,
4. we want to use Disney Gift Cards, are we only allowed to use 2 at one time? Thank you for the help.

1. Codes. (Confirmation numbers.)
2. If you order them THROUGH your MDX account, they will automatically appear in your MDX.
3. It doesn't matter (for "saving purposes") if you buy them separately or not from your MDX. (Won't matter, either way.)
4. Go to the https://www.disneygiftcard.com website and COMBINE gift card amounts into single, larger cards, up to $1000 each.

Last edited:
I realize everything is changing, but I have a question based on current rules. If we visit over Christmas break, can I upgrade my UT 6-day park hopper to a DVC Gold AP after entering the park on our last day, or no go?

I realize everything is changing, but I have a question based on current rules. If we visit over Christmas break, can I upgrade my UT 6-day park hopper to a DVC Gold AP after entering the park on our last day...

Yes, you can.
You can do so as late as close-of-business ON the same day that you use a ticket's last assets.

Yes, you can.
You can do so as late as close-of-business ON the same day that you use a ticket's last assets.
Still on my mind... Seems to good to be true! Wouldn't this be a way for people to buy a Gold AP instead of a Platinum AP while visiting during a peak time? We're considering a visit over Christmas, but not sure, so I don't want to spend the extra money on a Platinum Pass if I don't need it. So I'm thinking I should get a park hopper and then upgrade to a Gold AP at the end of my trip, since we're not planning any other peak time visits. Does that make sense? Am I missing something?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter