• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I was reading through the sticky's but I'm wondering if there is a way to buy discounted tickets that are entered into MDE so that we do not have to wait on any lines with guest services? I saw discounted tickets through Orlando Reserve using touring plans but I'm open to anywhere

You can simply order tickets and enter those ticket numbers into your MDE account when you get the tickets through the mail.

If you are ordering tickets that will NOT be delivered to you,
ask if the seller can provide you with the ticket numbers via eMail.

If they can't or won't, you will need to wait until you pick up the tickets at WDW,
so ne advance FP+ can be booked.

Last edited:
Complicated ticket question.

My family of 4 are current AP holders with an expiration of Oct 31st. I am going to WDW Oct 27-30 with one of my daughters, so we will be covered for tickets on that trip. My entire family of 4 is coming to WDW Dec 1-8, but because our 2019 trip is part of a free dining package I am only planning on upgrading one of our APs. I also have an unused 4-day hopper ticket that I would like to apply to the 1 AP I am renewing.

My main question is:

1. Since my fast pass window is before the expiration date of my AP, and I will not be able to apply the 4-day ticket to the renewal until I am there in person Oct 27th, will I be able to make my fast pass reservations for my Dec 1-9 trip for all of the people who have AP currently on October 1st?

My next question would be: If I can’t book my fast passes with the APs that will be expiring
2. can I book 4 days of the FPs with the ticket I have and just purchase a separate 2-day ticket for that person. (2 Of the other people will have APs and the 3rd will have a stand-alone 6-day ticket).

Thanks for any help,

1. If the dates of any individual guest's trip comes AFTER an AP has expired, and it is not yet renewed, no FPs can be advance-booked for that individual for those dates.
If you are asking if YOU can make FP reservations FOR other guests who WILL have
active APs or other tickets in their files covering THIER park days...
Yes, you can. Just not for anybody (including yourself) who will NOT have a valid
ticket/AP on the dates for which you are booking.

Since Disney has no way of KNOWING that you WILL, IN FACT be renewing your AP,
if your AP has expired before your trip dates, you will not be able to book FP+
for yourself on any date after your current expiration date.
(That is a very fine detail, isn't it?)

I believe that when Disney decided to create FP+, they had no inkling of the
complex, unique situations guests would have trying to negotiate the minutia
of coordinating tickets and dates that can arise with multiple parties in traveling groups.

2. Yes. (But, I'm not really following all of this.)

For better help, I can best understand only one specific question concerning one specific guest at a time.
Sorry.

Last edited:
Hey Robo,

Am I correct in believing that ticket bridging to renew an AP is generally not worth the hassle? It seems that the recent reports have people trying several times and not always getting the full value of the bridged tickets. Thoughts?

Hey Robo,

Am I correct in believing that ticket bridging to renew an AP is generally not worth the hassle? It seems that the recent reports have people trying several times and not always getting the full value of the bridged tickets. Thoughts?

I'm still a believer in buying a discounted ticket and upgrading to AP.

For instance, a 10-Day Hopper from a discounter can save about $70+ compared to WDW prices.
$70 off an AP would then be a good deal.

I was reading through the sticky's but I'm wondering if there is a way to buy discounted tickets that are entered into MDE so that we do not have to wait on any lines with guest services? I saw discounted tickets through Orlando Reserve using touring plans but I'm open to anywhere
You can buy discounted tickets from any number of ticket sellers and enter those tickets into your MDE account. There will be a ticket number for each ticket that you will enter into your account. You don’t have to go to guest services. If you can see your tickets in your MDE account then you are able to get into the parks with it. :)

You can buy discounted tickets from any number of ticket sellers and enter those tickets into your MDE account. There will be a ticket number for each ticket that you will enter into your account. You don’t have to go to guest services. If you can see your tickets in your MDE account then you are able to get into the parks with it. :)

Not necessarily. Certain situations, such as tickets bought with a FLR discount, still require a stop at Guest Relations to verify eligibility.

Would tickets bought from AAA require going to guest relations?

You generally buy the actual physical tickets from AAA.

What @mesaboy2 is discussing is the need to stop by Guest Relations to get FLORIDA RESIDENT tickets "OKed" for residents showing a Florida ID.

So, no matter from whom a FL resident buys FL resident tickets, they require a stop at Guest Relations (or any ticket booth.)

For AAA tickets - can the person purchasing be someone not going on the trip? My mother will be buying for my family but not going on the trip with us. And then also want to confirm, I can enter in MDE and not need to go to guest services and then I'm good to go with FP at 60 days. Thanks!

1. For AAA tickets - can the person purchasing be someone not going on the trip? My mother will be buying for my family but not going on the trip with us. And then also want to confirm,
2. I can enter in MDE and not need to go to guest services and then I'm good to go with FP at 60 days. Thanks!

1. Yes.
2. Yes. You can enter the ticket numbers into your MDE account in order to advance-book FP+.

Have they made it possible to upgrade MYW to an AP thru the app once your onsite? I thought I read this would be happening soon a few months ago.

Looking for confirmation!
Currently have a 9 day park hopper, bought from Visit Orlando in Nov 2017, that expires Jan 2019. We want to upgrade it to a 10 day hopper. That means I should be credited gate price for a 2017 9 day hopper right?
So: $537.83 with tax for 9 day hopper. Current gate price for 2018 10 day hopper: $553.80 with tax. Cost to upgrade: $15.97

Do I have that right? Thank you!

I am confused in attempting to figure out how much it should cost to upgrade my 6 dayPH that I purchased at AAA to a Platinum AP. In MDE it says the ticket expires on 1/14/19. I am having trouble determining which gate price to use to determine the additional charge for the upgrade. Any help is appreciated.

Looking for confirmation!
Currently have a 9 day park hopper, bought from Visit Orlando in Nov 2017, that expires Jan 2019. We want to upgrade it to a 10 day hopper.
That means
1. I should be credited gate price for a 2017 9 day hopper right?
2. So: $537.83 with tax for 9 day hopper.
3. Current gate price for 2018 10 day hopper: $553.80 with tax.
4. Cost to upgrade: $15.97
5. Do I have that right?
6. Thank you!

1. Right.
2. Correct.
3. That is the price you should use to calculate the upgrade.
4. $15.97 yes.
5. Right.
6. You're welcome! ;)

I am confused in attempting to figure out how much it should cost to upgrade my 6 dayPH that I purchased at AAA to a Platinum AP.

1. In MDE it says the ticket expires on 1/14/19.
2. I am having trouble determining which gate price to use to determine the additional charge for the upgrade. Any help is appreciated.

Exactly WHEN did you BUY your AAA ticket?

1. I'm not sure what that listing means. MDE is so problematic and imprecise!
I'll GUESS that you have a ticket that was created in 2018.
So, figure it at current value: $511.20 w/tax
2. Subtract that from the current price for a Platinum AP: $904.19 w/tax

$904.19 >Platinum AP
-511.20 >Six-day ParkHopper
=$392.99 >Cost to Upgrade

Exactly WHEN did you BUY your AAA ticket?

1. I'm not sure what that listing means. MDE is so problematic and imprecise!
I'll GUESS that you have a ticket that was created in 2018.
So, figure it at current value: $511.20 w/tax
2. Subtract that from the current price for a Platinum AP: $904.19 w/tax

$904.19 >Platinum AP
-511.20 >Six-day ParkHopper
=$392.99 >Cost to Upgrade
Thank you

I plan on purchasing 9 day base tickets with an expiration of 2/28/19, as they are my least expensive option. I will have first use on 2/26/19 and will use the ticket through 3/6/19. I was told that the expiration date only applies to first use, I can still use my other 8 entitlements in the 14 days following first use. Is this correct?

Secondly, when my 60 day FP window opens in December, I believe I will be able to book 9 FP days from 2/26-3/6/19, as my ticket will still be unexpired at that point (12/29/18). Is that correct? If not, I'll have to go back to the drawing board.

I plan on purchasing 9 day base tickets with an expiration of 2/28/19, as they are my least expensive option. I will have first use on 2/26/19 and will use the ticket through 3/6/19. I was told that the expiration date only applies to first use,
1. I can still use my other 8 entitlements in the 14 days following first use. Is this correct?

Secondly, when my 60 day FP window opens in December, I believe I will be able to book 9 FP days from 2/26-3/6/19,
2. as my ticket will still be unexpired at that point (12/29/18). Is that correct?
3. If not, I'll have to go back to the drawing board.
1. Correct.
2. Yes.
3. I would stop fretting about that stated “expiration date.”
Certainly no worries at all with the way you have your trip timed.

Because I was curious, I tried to run the numbers too:

($1,808.38 - $722.08)/2 = $543.15

That turns out to be the price of an "8 Day Park Hopper Plus (8 options)" with tax from the "2017" prices list.

Thanks for clearing that up! That's so weird because my ticket was definitely only 7 days and I know it didn't have the plus options. Oh well, I'm going to take the "pixie dust". We used the savings to go to the Halloween party, so Disney still got the money from me lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter