i am coming down to WDW the first week of Aug and had a question regarding the FR $69 tickets that they are offering. My sister and her husband live in FL and were going to purchase the tickets for us to use while down there. Can they purchase the tickets for us and we use it? or are they going to check the ticket and know it was a fl ticket and check for ID? the will be with us when we are at the park. i just wanted to be sure before we purchase the tickets and have it be a waste.
Thanks

Any adult using a Florida Resident ticket must show a Florida ID or proof of residency.

Also, there are no $69 tickets. A Florida Resident 3-day Select ticket breaks down to about $69 per day, before tax, but the full price is $222 and change when all is said and done.

i am coming down to WDW the first week of Aug and had a question regarding the FR $69 tickets that they are offering. My sister and her husband live in FL and were going to purchase the tickets for us to use while down there. Can they purchase the tickets for us and we use it? or are they going to check the ticket and know it was a fl ticket and check for ID? the will be with us when we are at the park. i just wanted to be sure before we purchase the tickets and have it be a waste.
Thanks

I don't know what $69 tickets are being offered to FL residents.
(I see that there is no $69 deal. That's an "average price per day" calculation.)

I can say that just being able to BUY a FL ticket does not count for entering a park.
To actually USE any FL resident ticket, a guest must show legal proof of FL residency.

Disappearing ticket question. I had a 2 day park hopper and 1 day after 5 convention ticket. Visited 3 parks yesterday (1 after 5) and both one of the Park hoppers and the after 5 disappeared from MDE. Will guest services be able to easily restore my after 5 ticket when I visit this evening?

Disappearing ticket question. I had a 2 day park hopper and 1 day after 5 convention ticket. Visited 3 parks yesterday (1 after 5) and both one of the Park hoppers and the after 5 disappeared from MDE. Will guest services be able to easily restore my after 5 ticket when I visit this evening?

Do not wait until later.
Get them started on fixing it ASAP.
Call NOW.
WDW Ticketing at
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat

Last edited:

Do not wait until later.
Get them started of fixing it ASAP.
Call NOW.
WDW Ticketing at
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat

Thanks Robo. Got connected to a helpful CM who got me squared away. Glad I spent that 30 minutes now instead of at 5 trying to get in.

Hi - Newbie here. :) This thread has so much information on it - it's amazing! I think I've pretty much got it figured out, but wanting to lay out what we are thinking and maybe some of the gurus here can let me know if I'm on the right track? Thanks!!

We currently have a trip booked for Dec 1 - Dec 8, 2018 at Pop Century with a MYW ticket package - 4 days, no hopper/photo/dining attached. We also just booked hotel only reservations for April 2019 and October 2019. Our plan is to upgrade to an AP that we can use for all three trips. If I'm understanding everything correctly, our best bet would be to head to the Guest Relations office at Disney Springs as soon as we arrive on 12/1/18 and buy the AP, and upgrade the MYW tickets when we do that. That way we could use the AP for all three trips. Is this correct? Would it be easier to call now and try to upgrade/purchase AP before we go or easier to do it when we get there? Any estimate on how long the process takes at Guest Relations? Trying to get our p's and q's in order before this year's trip.

Thank you in advance for your help!!

Hi - Newbie here. :) This thread has so much information on it - it's amazing! I think I've pretty much got it figured out, but wanting to lay out what we are thinking and maybe some of the gurus here can let me know if I'm on the right track? Thanks!!
We currently have a trip booked for Dec 1 - Dec 8, 2018 at Pop Century with a MYW ticket package - 4 days, no hopper/photo/dining attached. We also just booked hotel only reservations for April 2019 and October 2019. Our plan is to upgrade to an AP that we can use for all three trips. If I'm understanding everything correctly,

1. our best bet would be to head to the Guest Relations office at Disney Springs as soon as we arrive on 12/1/18 and buy the AP, and upgrade the MYW tickets when we do that.
2. That way we could use the AP for all three trips. Is this correct?
3. Would it be easier to call now and try to upgrade/purchase AP before we go or easier to do it when we get there?
4. Any estimate on how long the process takes at Guest Relations?
1. Yes. (Or go to any ticket booth or Guest Relations just outside any park.)
2. Correct.
3. Doesn't matter, really. Do it now, and you still need to go to a ticket booth or Guest Relations, all adults show ID and pick up your AP Cards... before you can enter a park with the APs.
4. 10-55 minutes.

1. Yes. (Or go to any ticket booth or Guest Relations just outside any park.)
2. Correct.
3. Doesn't matter, really. Do it now, and you still need to go to a ticket booth or Guest Relations, all adults show ID and pick up your AP Cards... before you can enter a park with the APs.
4. 10-55 minutes.

Thank you VERY much! :)

Hoping someone can understand my somewhat confusing dilema
We travel to disney every 2-3 years and are going next month for a 12 day stay. we have free dining booked with 10 day MYWPH+ tickets. We have meals and 10 days of FP booked and have two water park days planned. Last time we stayed for this many days we had the ability to purchase more than 10 park day tickets, if I understand it correctly the max number of days is 10 now (I think its been this way for a while). I'm concerned if weather does not cooperate we might have to move water park days, however there isn't really any "room" in our itinerary to do so. I looked at the cost for one day ticket for 4 of us and it's outrageous. does anyone have any thoughts on the cheapest way to purchase additional ticket if needed at the last minute? or what my best option would be? We are doing Disney Springs on two half days that alternate with park visits.

Hoping someone can understand my somewhat confusing dilema
We travel to disney every 2-3 years and are going next month for a 12 day stay. we have free dining booked with 10 day MYWPH+ tickets. We have meals and 10 days of FP booked and have two water park days planned.
1. Last time we stayed for this many days we had the ability to purchase more than 10 park day tickets, if I understand it correctly the max number of days is 10 now (I think its been this way for a while). I'm concerned if weather does not cooperate we might have to move water park days, however there isn't really any "room" in our itinerary to do so.
2. I looked at the cost for one day ticket for 4 of us and it's outrageous.
3. does anyone have any thoughts on the cheapest way to purchase additional ticket if needed at the last minute? or what my best option would be? We are doing Disney Springs on two half days that alternate with park visits.

1. Current system of "Magic Your Way" tickets was introduced at the start of 2005 (13.5 years ago.)
2. Just about THE most expensive way to buy WDW tickets.
3. If you want more than 10 days at the theme parks, consider buying Annual Passes.
They offer distinct advantages with some purchases, Memory Maker Photos and some meal discounts, sometimes WDW resort discounts, plus they are automatically "Hoppers."

NOTE: Are you staying at a WDW Resort?
That may offer another option, but its kind of a long shot.

What / how is the very cheapest way to visit all 4 parks?
Coming for 7 nights from uk & not wishing to spend £400?

What / how is the very cheapest way to visit all 4 parks?
Coming for 7 nights from uk & not wishing to spend £400?

The longer you stay, the less expensive the tickets are, based on "per-day" average.

The most expensive tickets are the "shortest" tickets.
(1, 2, 3, & 4 day tickets cost a LOT "per day.")

And, buying those longer multi-day tickets from an authorized WDW ticket discounter (there are a large number of them, each can have different deals at different times) can save you extra money.

Hi there! I’m so confused and would like help understanding AP room discounts. I, like Happy Old Fashioned above, have a trip coming up in December of this year and will be upgrading to an AP when we arrive on December 7th. I just made a reservation for December 2019 that will still fall into my 1 year window, December 1-6. From what I read it appeared I can not get an AP discount on the room I just booked for 2019 because the reservation has to be made when you have an AP paid for already. Is this correct? If it is, will I have to rebook after I get my AP to get a discount on the room? Thanks for you help and understanding!

Hi there! I’m so confused and would like help understanding AP room discounts. I, like Happy Old Fashioned above, have a trip coming up in December of this year and will be upgrading to an AP when we arrive on December 7th. I just made a reservation for December 2019 that will still fall into my 1 year window, December 1-6. From what I read it appeared I can not get an AP discount on the room I just booked for 2019 because the reservation has to be made when you have an AP paid for already. Is this correct? If it is, will I have to rebook after I get my AP to get a discount on the room? Thanks for you help and understanding!

You do not need an AP to make a reservation with an AP Discount, anyone can make this reservation. You just need to show the front desk an active AP after you check=in - maybe within 24 hrs. AP discounts on rooms are only out until Dec 2018 right now, that is why you can't book a room with the AP discount.

You do not need an AP to make a reservation with an AP Discount, anyone can make this reservation. You just need to show the front desk an active AP after you check=in - maybe within 24 hrs. AP discounts on rooms are only out until Dec 2018 right now, that is why you can't book a room with the AP discount.
Yes, I understand that you can’t make one right now. What I am wanting to know is if one can be applied later on this reservation or will it have to be rebooked to receive the discount if one becomes available.

Yes, I understand that you can’t make one right now. What I am wanting to know is if one can be applied later on this reservation or will it have to be rebooked to receive the discount if one becomes available.

It will have to be rebooked to receive the discount if one becomes available.

You would book the new AP rate reservation and after that,
then cancel the first (non-AP) reservation.

However...

From what I read it appeared I can not get an AP discount on the room I just booked for 2019 because the reservation has to be made when you have an AP paid for already. Is this correct?

But, THAT is not correct.
As @DVC4US said you do NOT need to have an active AP in order to book an "AP rate" room.
ANYBODY can book an AP rate room, even if that guest has never had an AP of any kind.
Only after arriving at WDW would the AP need to be purchased.
(And, even then, the guest could check into the resort before actually buying the AP.)

Last edited:
It will have to be rebooked to receive the discount if one becomes available.

You would book the new AP rate reservation and after that,
then cancel the first (non-AP) reservation.

However...

But, THAT is not correct.
As @DVC4US said you do NOT need to have an active AP in order to book an "AP rate" room.
ANYBODY can book an AP rate room, even if that guest has never had an AP of any kind.
Only after arriving at WDW would the AP need to be purchased.
(And, even then, the guest could check into the resort before actually buying the AP.)
Can you book an AP rate room anytime or does there have to be a special rate at the time of booking? How do I even get the website to show me AP rates? Sorry I’m so confused here. Thanks for all of your help folks!

Can you book an AP rate room anytime or does there have to be a special rate at the time of booking? How do I even get the website to show me AP rates? Sorry I’m so confused here. Thanks for all of your help folks!
AP rates are released on various schedules like regular promotions. They tend to come out last for a specific time period (after free dining, general public, Disney Visa, etc). If you want to know the current offers, scroll all the way down to the bottom of the Disney World page and click on "Special Offers." They are listed with all the other promotions, but you can only view the pricing after logging into MDE with an AP or AP voucher linked. You can also call and inquire without an actual AP.

The current AP promotion only runs through 10/7/18.

Go to the "Disney Resorts" forum (Click HERE) on the DIS and ask about current and upcoming discounts.
That's where they keep up with what's going on at the WDW hotels,

AP rates are released on various schedules like regular promotions. They tend to come out last for a specific time period (after free dining, general public, Disney Visa, etc). If you want to know the current offers, scroll all the way down to the bottom of the Disney World page and click on "Special Offers." They are listed with all the other promotions, but you can only view the pricing after logging into MDE with an AP or AP voucher linked. You can also call and inquire without an actual AP.

The current AP promotion only runs through 10/7/18.
TYVM
So, I suppose what I am making of the AP room discount is that:
1) Discounts don’t happen until a few months before one would want to go.
2) If you are a person like me that likes to plan ahead, you book your room and then rebook if and when a discount comes out that fits. In which case it may not be a better deal because the room rate might have gone up by then and the worth of the discount may be negated.
3) This perk of the AP seems to not be worth much since all other discounts come out before this one. Although for an AP discount, a package is not necessary, a room only is what is needed.
Thanks again everyone for your help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter