• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thanks- unfortunately, I don't have a hard copy ticket, it was just added to my MDE and I can't seem to click on it or other get any additional information. it just says "1-Day Magic Your Way Ticket with Park Hopper Option - Complimentary"
It may not have an expiration date.
You can call Disney ticketing and ask.

WDW Ticketing
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat

MDE "show past item" showing unused (unexpired?) tickets?

While perusing my reservation I found the following under MDE "show past items":

1-Day Magic Your Way MAGIC KINGDOM Ticket - Annual Packages

The ticket is assigned to me. The party that I normally travel to Disney with all have one listed with their names next to them.

Are these unused no expiration tickets? The only thing that it appears that I can do with them is reassign them. Any advise on how to link them or what to do with them to make them link to my current reservation?

MDE "show past item" showing unused (unexpired?) tickets?

While perusing my reservation I found the following under MDE "show past items":

1-Day Magic Your Way MAGIC KINGDOM Ticket - Annual Packages

The ticket is assigned to me. The party that I normally travel to Disney with all have one listed with their names next to them.

Are these unused no expiration tickets? The only thing that it appears that I can do with them is reassign them. Any advise on how to link them or what to do with them to make them link to my current reservation?

Call Disney ticketing and ask.

WDW Ticketing

I'm not sure that you would figure in the extra $20 "gate cost."
That should null-out during the upgrade transaction.

So...
$904.19 w/tax Platinum AP -2018
-537.83 w/tax 9 day PH-2017
=366.36 w/tax Upgrade cost

Bummer, was hoping to get that extra $20. Oh well. Thanks for the help!

So i plan to purchase my ticket from UT like normal for this year. however i plan to upgrade it to the Annual pass in dec when we go. I want to upgrade it when we first get there so that i can get the TIW card to use for the entire trip. If i dont go into a park until a few days later, my AP will start the day I use it not the few days before when i did the upgrade....right?

I have a few questions about upgrading to an annual pass. I have a trip in July, it is a non discounted package that includes park hopper plus tickets. We will be upgrading one ticket to an annual pass.
1. I will have to purchase a platinum plus annual pass?
2. It doesn't matter if I upgrade before or after first use?
3. Will I get photopass included with annual pass this trip?
4. Will I get AP discounts this trip?

I have a few questions about upgrading to an annual pass. I have a trip in July, it is a non discounted package that includes park hopper plus tickets. We will be upgrading one ticket to an annual pass.
1. I will have to purchase a platinum plus annual pass?
2. It doesn't matter if I upgrade before or after first use?
3. Will I get photopass included with annual pass this trip?
4. Will I get AP discounts this trip?
1. Only if you USE any of the “Plus” features BEFORE you upgrade.
2. Nope. (Except for what I described above.)
3. Yes.
4. Yes.

So i plan to purchase my ticket from UT like normal for this year. however i plan to upgrade it to the Annual pass in dec when we go. I want to upgrade it when we first get there so that i can get the TIW card to use for the entire trip.
1. If i dont go into a park until a few days later, my AP will start the day I use it
2. not the few days before when i did the upgrade....right?
1. Correct.
2. Right.

We are going on a longer trip this July. If we start using our tickets on July 2, then would the last day to use them would be July 15th or 16th?

Am I getting this right? I'm going to Disney World in October. I intend to buy a pass from Undercover Tourist prior to the trip, and upgrade to an Annual Pass while at WDW. We are going 10 days. So I should look and see which 10 day pass is the better deal on UT and buy that? So say a non hopper pass has a larger discount, I should buy that and not the hopper?

I honestly don't know how you keep it all straight. I would need a second brain dedicated to ticket knowledge!

Am I getting this right? I'm going to Disney World in October. I intend to buy a pass from Undercover Tourist prior to the trip, and upgrade to an Annual Pass while at WDW. We are going 10 days.

1. So I should look and see which 10 day pass is the better deal on UT and buy that?
2. So say a non hopper pass has a larger discount, I should buy that and not the hopper?

I honestly don't know how you keep it all straight. I would need a second brain dedicated to ticket knowledge!
1. Not necessarily a "10 day ticket," and not necessarily from Undercover Tourist (although UT is often a good choice.)

2. Pick WHATEVER kind of ticket (and from whichever authorized ticket reseller) offers the best savings.
When you do the upgrade, you will get to "keep" that savings factor.

So, if you find a, say, 7-Day Base ticket that saves $45 from XYZ ticket seller, and that's a
greater savings than, say, a 10-Day Hopper from ABC ticket seller... buy the first one.
The savings change all the time.

1. Not necessarily a "10 day ticket," and not necessarily from Undercover Tourist (although UT is often a good choice.)

2. Pick WHATEVER kind of ticket (and from whichever authorized ticket reseller) offers the best savings.
When you do the upgrade, you will get to "keep" that savings factor.

Awesome! thank you!!!!!:flower3:

Just checking to make sure I am understanding correctly: if I have purchased tix already and decide to upgrade to an AP, I pay the difference between the AP and the tix price that I have?

Just checking to make sure I am understanding correctly: if I have purchased tix already and decide to upgrade to an AP, I pay the difference between the AP and the tix price that I have?
Correct, with the caveat that you need to figure the ticket price for your current ticket based on when it was minted. Go to page 1 of this thread and in post 1, there are links to the pages with the appropriate prices on them.

Correct, with the caveat that you need to figure the ticket price for your current ticket based on when it was minted. Go to page 1 of this thread and in post 1, there are links to the pages with the appropriate prices on them.
It also matters WHERE you bought the tickets.

Robo
Thanks for all the helpful information over the years, you are the BEST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My daughter is a CP at the HM (possible end date May 17th) and I recently became a CM as well :-)
I have lots of questions about our tickets and how best to use them in the future.
Is there a real person that can help me understand and answer questions or is there just our company web site?

We have been frequent visitors for many years (AP/DVC)
We only have one My Disney Experience account for the entire family under my husbands name (only one for all our DVC memberships as well)
I think my big questions are what types of tickets do I have, how can I best use them, how should they be loaded into our MDE account for myself/my guests and most importantly how can I then use that to make fast passes (we always stay onsite usually reserved well in advance) The only thing I think I know for sure is that my husband will still need his AP renewed each year because we go more the 16 times per year but I do not think I will need to renew my AP when it expires in January of 2019 so long as I plan with the black out dates in mind.

As far as my daughter I think we will run out of time to use any of her benefits. I had thought her earned tickets could be saved for up to two years but I now know those will be lost when she ends her program.

Robo
1. Thanks for all the helpful information over the years, you are the BEST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My daughter is a CP at the HM (possible end date May 17th) and I recently became a CM as well :-)
I have lots of questions about our tickets and how best to use them in the future.
2. Is there a real person that can help me understand and answer questions or is there just our company web site?

We have been frequent visitors for many years (AP/DVC)
We only have one My Disney Experience account for the entire family under my husbands name (only one for all our DVC memberships as well)
I think my big questions are what types of tickets do I have, how can I best use them, how should they be loaded into our MDE account for myself/my guests and most importantly how can I then use that to make fast passes (we always stay onsite usually reserved well in advance) The only thing I think I know for sure is that my husband will still need his AP renewed each year because we go more the 16 times per year but I do not think I will need to renew my AP when it expires in January of 2019 so long as I plan with the black out dates in mind.

As far as my daughter I think we will run out of time to use any of her benefits. I had thought her earned tickets could be saved for up to two years but I now know those will be lost when she ends her program.

1. Thank you for the very kind words!

2. You can call WDW Ticketing.

There are also many WDW CMs who are on the DISboards.
You might try copying your above questions on the open board with the title like:
I'm a CM with questions about CM tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter