We bought two one day tickets a few weeks ago while at WDW. Unfortunately, due to sickness, we could not use them. Expiration date is 12/31/18. It was value day tickets for Epcot. If we return on a day that is not a value day, can we use them or can we pay a difference?
You'll be able to upgrade to the level you need for the difference from the current price and what you originally paid.

Looks like adding water parks to my 2016 5 day MYW PH tickets is $91!! Cheaper to buy a one day ticket as that is all we will use. So....
Are there any brokers that sell discounted water park tickets? I haven’t been able to find. Thank you!!

Looks like adding water parks to my 2016 5 day MYW PH tickets is $91!! Cheaper to buy a one day ticket as that is all we will use. So....
Are there any brokers that sell discounted water park tickets? I haven’t been able to find. Thank you!!

There are no discounts on one-day WDW tickets.

There are no discounts on one-day WDW tickets.
Thanks Robo. Then I'll definitely wait to purchase until we arrive so I can check my math with Guest Relations first. Is there anywhere near the Epcot resorts to do this (on our arrival evening)?

Thanks Robo. Then I'll definitely wait to purchase until we arrive so I can check my math with Guest Relations first. Is there anywhere near the Epcot resorts to do this (on our arrival evening)?

Just outside the Epcot International Gateway is a ticket booth and a Guest Relations window.

Epcot-IntlGate-N-BUS_081515_zpsahjqx6rc.jpg

Wow, so pretty sure I read that it is harder to price bridge at Guest Relations at Disney Springs - and yup the cast member we had was not pleasant. She was not spreading the magic and seemed downright disgusted that I asked. She was probably inconvenienced because I also asked for a refund of the price I paid as a non AP holder for DAH. At first said no, but then checked and found out yeah. But deal was off without price bridge.

I was trying to upgrade my 5 day park pass before I used it to a AP to get free parking, PhotoPass downloads, etc.

Ended up having to do it at AK when I could have been allowed in line At FOP well before official park opening. They were able to price bridge but couldn’t do DAH AP discount reimbursement, but did parking reimbursement.

Any idea what is next best step to request DAH AP discount reimbursement? Better to call Guest Relations or ask at MK Guest Relations office? I have read that others were successful.

Wow, so pretty sure I read that it is harder to price bridge at Guest Relations at Disney Springs - and yup the cast member we had was not pleasant. She was not spreading the magic and seemed downright disgusted that I asked. She was probably inconvenienced because I also asked for a refund of the price I paid as a non AP holder for DAH. At first said no, but then checked and found out yeah. But deal was off without price bridge.

I was trying to upgrade my 5 day park pass before I used it to a AP to get free parking, PhotoPass downloads, etc.

Ended up having to do it at AK when I could have been allowed in line At FOP well before official park opening. They were able to price bridge but couldn’t do DAH AP discount reimbursement, but did parking reimbursement.

Any idea what is next best step to request DAH AP discount reimbursement? Better to call Guest Relations or ask at MK Guest Relations office? I have read that others were successful.

Go to any other GR and ask.
It's purely the luck of the draw.
In many other reported cases, the BEST luck in getting proper help was at DS, and the least helpful results came at DAK.
(I'm not kidding)
Who the CM happens to be when you are at X location will be the key.
And, that changes all the time.

I have a question about special group tickets. My son’s high school band will be at WDW in April. Family members were able to purchase 4 day park hoppers at the group rate. My husband is no longer able to come with us. Will this ticket expire or is it something that I can keep for a future trip? It is not assigned to a specific person. In fact, we don’t have the tickets yet. They are paid for already and non-refundable. Thanks!

I have a question about special group tickets. My son’s high school band will be at WDW in April. Family members were able to purchase 4 day park hoppers at the group rate. My husband is no longer able to come with us. Will this ticket expire or is it something that I can keep for a future trip? It is not assigned to a specific person. In fact, we don’t have the tickets yet. They are paid for already and non-refundable. Thanks!

Depending on exactly what tickets these are,
they likely will expire not long after the trip.

Depending on exactly what tickets these are,
they likely will expire not long after the trip.

Thanks! That’s what I thought the answer would be. Makes sense. Hopefully another band parent will want to buy it from me.

Ok Disney gurus, I haven't been to Disney in 10 years. Last time we went, I spent 9 months planning and had notecard plans (because all these awesome pdf plans didn't exist!) and my kids were 12, 9 and 5. Now, we decided on impulse in January to go over spring break (yeah, yeah, I know, I know) with our 22 year old college boy and our 15 year old freshmen girl! Back in the day I was a whizz at fast pass and now its online and I need advice on which of these scenarios is the best way to go.....

My 30 days out from day 1 is TOMORROW 2.27 and I haven't pushed PAY on my tickets yet (impulse trip remember??) so do I:
1. buy email tickets tonight so I can hit fast pass tomorrow at 7am on my 30 days out
OR
2. buy real tickets via the mail and wait to do fast passes until they come?

If I'm understanding correctly, we will have to swap the email tickets for real ones when we get there and since we are not staying on property, that means at rope drop which will throw off our groove a bit as we'll probably have to wait in line, etc.

So which scenario is the best way to go?

Robo... I don't know if there is any hope for this situation but it is really sad. A dear friend and her husband were in Florida Tuesday. They live 1200 miles from Disney. They decided to visit Disney while visiting his mom. My friend had several non-expiring tickets from way back and she thought her husband had his with as well.

When they got there she found he did not have the ticket. They were going to Epcot and they weren't aware that tickets expire after 14 days now. Back when she bought you couldn't upgrade them after 14 days but they were still good for other visits.

Her husband told her to buy him the best value and she bought a four day ticket because they are going back for two days in March and one in April. She had had the CM check how many days were on her NE tickets and when purchasing the four day ticket had told the CM they were only going to be in Disney for one day.

She was happily telling me about their day and mentioned she bought her DH a four day ticket and I said, "Wait. You guys are staying multiple days?" and she said "No."

I said, "But, where are you now?" and she said "In South Carolina".

I told her the ghastly truth that the ticket would expire 14 days from first use.

She is devastated. They spent $400 for just DH's one day in Epcot. (She didn't need to buy a ticket).

I told her to keep the receipt. Maybe there is a way somehow that He could at least be upgraded to a season pass?

Is there anything she can do?

Thanks for any help/thoughts.

"Officially," no.
The rules are "no ticket refunds" and "no upgrading to AP after a guest has returned home,"
but it never hurts to "ask nicely."

She should eMail or call Disney Guest Relations and carefully explain the situation (just as was done in this post.)

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

WDW Ticketing (407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat

You never know what might happen on a case-by-case basis.
Please post back with the outcome.

Reporting back.

They nicely explained and the solution was reasonable and satisfactory. Essentially they were given an escrow-type voucher number whereby Disney holds the amount they paid less a one day ticket.

When they come back they can apply what is left in the escrow to the two day ticket. When they come back the third time they can apply what is left towards a one day ticket and then pay the balance due for the last ticket.

Thanks so much for your help, Robo. They were just sick about it.

I think it was a good solution. They will be paying what one normally would for a one, a two, and a one day visit.

Woohoo! Thank-ful friend! She says thanks also!!!

Ok Disney gurus, I haven't been to Disney in 10 years. Last time we went, I spent 9 months planning and had notecard plans (because all these awesome pdf plans didn't exist!) and my kids were 12, 9 and 5. Now, we decided on impulse in January to go over spring break (yeah, yeah, I know, I know) with our 22 year old college boy and our 15 year old freshmen girl! Back in the day I was a whizz at fast pass and now its online and I need advice on which of these scenarios is the best way to go.....

My 30 days out from day 1 is TOMORROW 2.27 and I haven't pushed PAY on my tickets yet (impulse trip remember??) so do I:

1. buy email tickets tonight so I can hit fast pass tomorrow at 7am on my 30 days out
OR
2. buy real tickets via the mail and wait to do fast passes until they come?

If I'm understanding correctly, we will have to swap the email tickets for real ones when we get there and since we are not staying on property, that means at rope drop which will throw off our groove a bit as we'll probably have to wait in line, etc.

So which scenario is the best way to go?

Buy email tickets tonight.
In some cases, you can also have them SHIP you the actual tickets, too.

Are you going to arrive at WDW from your home on the same morning that you intend to
Rope Drop the first park?

Buy email tickets tonight.
In some cases, you can also have them SHIP you the actual tickets, too.

Are you going to arrive at WDW from your home on the same morning that you intend to
Rope Drop the first park?

No, we will arrive the night before and thank you very much! I'm off to spend a small fortune! :)

No, we will arrive the night before and thank you very much! I'm off to spend a small fortune! :)

If you don't get the hard tickets shipped, you can choose to pick up your tickets at any Guest Relations
or ticket booth on the night you arrive.

I’m confused about one day tickets. We are going to Orlando in Novemeber and will only be going to AK for one day. I will be buying a one day value ticket (I understand I may need to upgrade if that day changes) but how/when can I book fastpasses? Is it 30 days from the day of purchase? How does MDE know when I intend to use them?

I’m confused about one day tickets. We are going to Orlando in November and will only be going to AK for one day. I will be buying a one day value ticket (I understand I may need to upgrade if that day changes) but how/when can I book fastpasses? Is it 30 days from the day of purchase? How does MDE know when I intend to use them?

You will be able to book FPs when you're 30 days out from the day you plan to go to AK - it has nothing to do with when you purchase the ticket. MDE doesn't know (and doesn't care) when you intend to use them - once you buy them, you can book FPs for any day that's within 30 of the current date. So for instance, if you were to buy tickets today, you could book FPs for any date between today and March 29.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter