• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Had completely forgotten that it was an option until I saw a previous post of yours Robo. Thanks!

Hello all: I bought a 7 day park hopper from UTC because it had the best savings ($69 using the MS link). I am planning to bridge it to a DVC Platnium AP (which is currently being offered at the price of the Gold AP) next week while at the parks. What price should I use to determine my savings when I bridge? The posted gate price of the hopper? Or the online advanced purchase price which is $21.30 cheaper?

TIA
Nobody answered my question, so I will. When I went to upgrade, I was charged the extra $21.30. I argued with GR and got a supervisor. No help. I do not like GR at Magic Kingdom at all. I have always had better luck at other locations. I was going to just wait and try it at another park but just paid the $21.30 in the essence of time.

At the same time, I also asked if they could upgrade my daughter's AP from Gold to Platinum plus as part of the DVC special which ends on 12/31/17. They refused to do it because she has to be there in person. I explained that my daughter was coming into the parks on 1/4/18 for the Marathon and would just miss the promotion. They said, "too bad, nothing we can do".

Meanwhile, the next day at Hollywood Studios, I asked same question at GR. And even though my daughter is over 18, has her own MDE account and I did not have one of her magic bands or ap card with me, the Cast Member took care of it for me. YMMV.

Nobody answered my question, so I will. When I went to upgrade, I was charged the extra $21.30. I argued with GR and got a supervisor. No help. I do not like GR at Magic Kingdom at all. I have always had better luck at other locations. I was going to just wait and try it at another park but just paid the $21.30 in the essence of time.

They were correct. The "pre-arrival" price is what's used when people are upgrading to APs. Some CMs are doing it incorrectly and giving the "gate" value, but they aren't supposed to.

At the same time, I also asked if they could upgrade my daughter's AP from Gold to Platinum plus as part of the DVC special which ends on 12/31/17. They refused to do it because she has to be there in person. I explained that my daughter was coming into the parks on 1/4/18 for the Marathon and would just miss the promotion. They said, "too bad, nothing we can do".

Meanwhile, the next day at Hollywood Studios, I asked same question at GR. And even though my daughter is over 18, has her own MDE account and I did not have one of her magic bands or ap card with me, the Cast Member took care of it for me. YMMV.

Again, MK was technically correct, which shocks me to say - although I probably would have made the same exception Studios did.

Does anyone have a personal anecdote about attempting to bridge a convention-rate park hopper to an annual pass? My travel agent said that the tickets should be upgradeable, but I'm unsure about whether they are, additional, "bridgeable." Thanks in advance for any insight into this particular wrinkle.

Does anyone have a personal anecdote about attempting to bridge a convention-rate park hopper to an annual pass? My travel agent said that the tickets should be upgradeable, but I'm unsure about whether they are, additional, "bridgeable." Thanks in advance for any insight into this particular wrinkle.
If you can upgrade them, they are only worth what you paid for them. Tickets purchased directly from Disney (like convention tickets) are not price-bridged.

My only advice is to try it at Guest Relations and not a regular ticket window - ticket booth CMs don't have anything in our computer system to price bridge those tickets to even if it CAN be done. I wouldn't bet on it but hey, who knows these days...

They were correct. The "pre-arrival" price is what's used when people are upgrading to APs. Some CMs are doing it incorrectly and giving the "gate" value, but they aren't supposed to.
So, I'm guessing the way to get around this is to first add a day to your tickets, and then turn around and upgrade those tickets to an AP????? Sounds like that would save $21.30.

So, I'm guessing the way to get around this is to first add a day to your tickets, and then turn around and upgrade those tickets to an AP?????

Nope. That would not affect anything.

I know this has been answered in the sticky, but want to see if it's current. I've heard some differing reports based on the terminology used.

If I purchase tickets today at Undercover T and upgrade them to APs once at Disney will I be given current gate price?

Thanks!

If I purchase tickets today at Undercover T and upgrade them to APs once at Disney will I be given current gate price?

You should receive credit for the current pre-arrival price - meaning the price the tickets are sold for online through Disney, including tax.

It’s an important distinction because “gate price” (meaning the price if you buy the original ticket at the park gate) is $21.30 higher (also including tax) for tickets 3-10 days in length. One and two day tickets aren’t subject to this difference.

If I buy tickets from Disney's website, will it automatically link to my MDE account??

I went to buy tickets from Disney's website & my options were to pick up at will call or have them mailed. They wouldn't be mailed out till my FP+ day though! What option do I choose? I thought why only sent Magicbands now anyway.

I've always ordered a package before so this hasn't been a problem. I already have a room only reservation.

1. If I buy tickets from Disney's website, will it automatically link to my MDE account??
I went to buy tickets from Disney's website & my options were to pick up at will call or have them mailed. They wouldn't be mailed out till my FP+ day though!
2. What option do I choose?
3. I thought why only sent Magicbands now anyway.
I've always ordered a package before so this hasn't been a problem.
4. I already have a room only reservation.

1. Yes. (If not, its a very quick fix.)
2. Will call.
3. MBs are sent if you are staying at a WDW resort.
4. Then, they WILL send you MBs (unless you choose to NOT order them.)

If you have any MBs (from previous trips, and/or your upcoming trip) "Will call"
is the option you should choose for tickets.
BUT... You will simply never have to actually pick up any tickets at "Will call."
You will, instead, just use any and all of the MBs that you have now, and/or will be getting in the future.
ALL of your MBs will continue to work, interchangeably, for ticket and FP+ purposes at the parks.

Last edited:
Juuust making sure there are no surprises at the ticket gate... this is mostly tickets + MDX-related.

I have a Disney account; in MDX SO is listed as part of my family, his tickets are assigned to him. In MDX terms his plans are "managed by me." I cannot imagine he will ever be at WDW without me, but anything is possible.

When he upgrades his MYW ticket to an AP, it's all cool that he's listed on my Disney account? He doesn't need his own account? They'll scan his MagicBand and will see his details and everything will be smooth?

If he *does* need to make his own account someday because he's going to Disney alone or some such, will it be an issue to transfer his AP to his own account? If I send the "invitation to connect" through MDX (when updating his profile in my family & friends list), assume this will all be gravy and his details/ticket will auto-populate in his own Disney account?

TIA :tilt:

Juuust making sure there are no surprises at the ticket gate... this is mostly tickets + MDX-related.
I have a Disney account; in MDX SO is listed as part of my family, his tickets are assigned to him. In MDX terms his plans are "managed by me." I cannot imagine he will ever be at WDW without me, but anything is possible.

1. When he upgrades his MYW ticket to an AP, it's all cool that he's listed on my Disney account?
2. He doesn't need his own account?
3. They'll scan his MagicBand and will see his details and everything will be smooth?
If he *does* need to make his own account someday because he's going to Disney alone or some such,
4. will it be an issue to transfer his AP to his own account? If I send the "invitation to connect" through MDX (when updating his profile in my family & friends list), assume this will all be gravy and his details/ticket will auto-populate in his own Disney account?

TIA :tilt:
1. Yes.
2. No.
3. Yes.
4. Cannot transfer an active ticket.
If you think he will want a separate account in the next year, or so,
create it before upgrading to/activating a new AP.

Ok, I need a sanity check. :ccat: I think I may be over-thinking things when it comes to getting an AP. Been reading too much. A bit of cerebral paralysis due to over-analysis.

Here's my plan, please let me know if it will work.
  1. Buy AP through AAA South before the end of this year (to avoid the inevitable price increase for 2018). This will be a voucher not an actual AP.
  2. Take the voucher to Guest Relations in Disney Springs on the date of arrival to get the actual AP. Disney website showed "Each Guest Relations location is open during the normal operating hours for its park or complex." So if Disney Springs is open until midnight, so is Guest Relations? Any ideas of how late they will be open in January of 2018? Calendar didn't go that far.
  3. If all goes well, use the AP at Magic Kingdom the next day.
So what would be the anniversary date? Date of purchase at AAA South, the date when I exchange the voucher at Disney Springs, or, the date when I first use the AP to gain entry to a park?

Here's my plan, please let me know if it will work.
  1. Buy AP through AAA South before the end of this year (to avoid the inevitable price increase for 2018). This will be a voucher not an actual AP.
  2. Take the voucher to Guest Relations in Disney Springs on the date of arrival to get the actual AP. Disney website showed "Each Guest Relations location is open during the normal operating hours for its park or complex." So if Disney Springs is open until midnight, so is Guest Relations? Any ideas of how late they will be open in January of 2018? Calendar didn't go that far.
  3. If all goes well, use the AP at Magic Kingdom the next day.
So what would be the anniversary date? Date of purchase at AAA South, the date when I exchange the voucher at Disney Springs, or, the date when I first use the AP to gain entry to a park?

1. Correct.
2. That'll work just fine.
The "Welcome Center" (Guest Relations at DS) will likely be open until at least 11PM.
(No change in hours is likely.)
3. If that's what you'd like, that'll work.

BTW, If you show up at the MK Guest Relations between 7:30 and 8:10AM, you should be
just fine activating your AP before you go into MK. No need to worry about getting
to DS so late the night before.
That would also net you an "extra day" at the end of your APs life.

BTW, If you show up at the MK Guest Relations between 7:30 and 8:10AM, you should be
just fine activating your AP before you go into MK. No need to worry about getting
to DS so late the night before.
That would also net you an "extra day" at the end of your APs life.

Is the MK Guest Relations window before the "turnstiles"? I was thinking of this trip being a "sleep in" kind of trip. Of course, sleeping in for me is waking up at 8am. LOL I'm sure like most things the later in the day the busier it gets. I was more worried that the GR at DS would close at 5pm.

Thanks for confirming my plans. I do feel better now.

Is the MK Guest Relations window before the "turnstiles"? I was thinking of this trip being a "sleep in" kind of trip. Of course, sleeping in for me is waking up at 8am. LOL I'm sure like most things the later in the day the busier it gets. I was more worried that the GR at DS would close at 5pm.

Thanks for confirming my plans. I do feel better now.

Yes. Outside the entrance gates. Windows are at #9 on the map below.

MK_Gates_090817_zpsz6xveu0x.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter