Ticket Increase coming?

Does anyone know if Undercover tourist raises their prices along with Disney? We were planning to wait until about August to buy our tickets from UT. I'd like to keep that time frame to keep dumping debt and pay cash for them. However, if UT will increase ticket prices as well, I'd rather save the $$.

I don't believe UT is selling tickets with an expiration past December 2019 if that factors into your decision. While you can apply the value of those tickets to new tickets, reports are that can only be done at GS and FP can't be booked with expired tickets.

Does anyone know if Undercover tourist raises their prices along with Disney? We were planning to wait until about August to buy our tickets from UT. I'd like to keep that time frame to keep dumping debt and pay cash for them. However, if UT will increase ticket prices as well, I'd rather save the $$.

To answer ur question, Yes UT will also raise their ticket prices. Ive been buyn from UT for past 8 yr. The way it works is Disney allows UT to purchase a certain amount of tickets at a discounted price. Once disney raises their price, UT will still sale at the cheaper price until they run out of tickets that were bought at the cheaper rate. These tickets will go fast. Then UT has to buy more tickets from disney at the higher price which means UT has to charge a high price, hence the price increase. Keep in mind, all tickets come from disney and when disney does a price increase, it wont be long before the 3rd party vendors increase. Also, tickets never go down only up, so buyn early is always the best option.

If u want to wait to buy tickets, u can do the following. Wait and see if disney does a price increase, if they do increase then go on UT and buy immediately, within a few days after the increase and u will still be able to buy at cheaper rate. If they dont increase then buy whenever u like.

I don't believe UT is selling tickets with an expiration past December 2019 if that factors into your decision. While you can apply the value of those tickets to new tickets, reports are that can only be done at GS and FP can't be booked with expired tickets.

Our trip is December 2019, so that fits my needs.

If u want to wait to buy tickets, u can do the following. Wait and see if disney does a price increase, if they do increase then go on UT and buy immediately, within a few days after the increase and u will still be able to buy at cheaper rate. If they dont increase then buy whenever u like.

I think that is probably what I will do. I follow on here, and enough blogs that I should be able to catch the announcement. I have the means to be able to buy them that same day if I HAVE to, I am just trying to put it off if I can. Thanks!

To answer ur question, Yes UT will also raise their ticket prices. Ive been buyn from UT for past 8 yr. The way it works is Disney allows UT to purchase a certain amount of tickets at a discounted price. Once disney raises their price, UT will still sale at the cheaper price until they run out of tickets that were bought at the cheaper rate. These tickets will go fast. Then UT has to buy more tickets from disney at the higher price which means UT has to charge a high price, hence the price increase. Keep in mind, all tickets come from disney and when disney does a price increase, it wont be long before the 3rd party vendors increase. Also, tickets never go down only up, so buyn early is always the best option.
UT and all the others usually raise the price of the "old" tickets to their full face value after Disney raises their prices. So still cheaper than gate, but more expensive than the day before.

UT and all the others usually raise the price of the "old" tickets to their full face value after Disney raises their prices. So still cheaper than gate, but more expensive than the day before.

UT will sometimes have tickets available a month later after disney raises the price and the tickets will be same price they were prior to the raise, actually a few dollar cheaper most of the time. UT always runs a special after the disney increase to try and sale all old tickets. I bought this years 2019 xmas tickets, last year a month after disney changed their tickets to date specific from UT. They will continue to sale at same rate for days and weeks until the old stock is gone and they offer a guarantee that disney will still honor the old ticket.

UT will sometimes have tickets available a month later after disney raises the price and the tickets will be same price they were prior to the raise, actually a few dollar cheaper most of the time. UT always runs a special after the disney increase to try and sale all old tickets. I bought this years 2019 xmas tickets, last year a month after disney changed their tickets to date specific from UT. They will continue to sale at same rate for days and weeks until the old stock is gone and they offer a guarantee that disney will still honor the old ticket.
I've bought on the after increase sales before and they've always increased the price of the old stock to the face value of the old stock. So it is still less than new tickets, but more than they had been selling for.

I know in the past, Disney increased ticket prices in Feb. Then last October they restructured everything with a hefty price increase on annual passes. Any word on a Feb 2019 annual ticket price increase?

I want to get a AP voucher for future use (my 50th b-day present) and figured the best way to save $ on it was to buy before the next increase.

I know in the past, Disney increased ticket prices in Feb. Then last October they restructured everything with a hefty price increase on annual passes. Any word on a Feb 2019 annual ticket price increase?

I want to get a AP voucher for future use (my 50th b-day present) and figured the best way to save $ on it was to buy before the next increase.
No major rumors as of yet.

I've bought on the after increase sales before and they've always increased the price of the old stock to the face value of the old stock. So it is still less than new tickets, but more than they had been selling for.

Thats unfortunate. Ive been purchasing all my tickets through them for 8yr now, disney, universal, sea world and discovery cove..i have always been able to get my tickets at same price or cheaper after the increase but i think u are arguing a different situation. I have an acct with UT and get their newsletter so every time disney has a increase, i will get an email from UT notifying me of the increase and letting me know that they are still selling tickets at the same price until their stock runs out and most of the time there is a link that gives me an additional $1-$5 off. This is only available to those who are signed up with them and it only last for a short period because those tickets sale fast. Now, if disney has an increase and then someone just goes to their site and buys tickets, u will pay the higher cost with increase. Could be that only members get the option to buy the cheaper older tickets. This is where the confusion is. That is why i told the op to sign up with UT so she will get the notice and option to buy at the regular price.

Also, for those who buy tickets to sea world, I get sea world tickets for $70 which is also only available through being a UT member and purchasing other tickets. There are several special offers that isnt available to the public and only for people who buy their tickets and spend some money.

DL did a price increase on Jan 6. Here is an email showing u can still buy tickets at last years price without any increase on Jan 13...7 days after increase. Same offers for wdw as well.Screenshot_2019-01-23-14-20-51-1.png

Last edited:
Also, for those who buy tickets to sea world, I get sea world tickets for $70 which is also only available through being a UT member and purchasing other tickets. There are several special offers that isnt available to the public and only for people who buy their tickets and spend some money.

I was wondering why I don't see SW tickets on Undercover Tourist!

I was wondering why I don't see SW tickets on Undercover Tourist!

They are listed on UT at the normal $85 price. If u click on Orlando tickets and then scroll down through all the wdw and universal tickets, u will see the sea world and discovery cove tickets. Sometimes when u buy wdw or universal tickets, after u pay they give u a special offer to buy sw tickets at a discounted price. Or if ur a member, UT will send u an email offering them at a special price. They also have blue man tickets, lego land, Kennedy space center, orlando eye, wax museum, aquarium, deep sea fishing and few other tickets. Also have rental cars and hotel specials. Plus they have some really good wdw park plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter