Ticket Increase coming?

mshanson3121

DIS Veteran
In light of Disney Land's ticket increase, and given how they released free dining months ahead of normal, do you think we'll see a ticket increase before Feb?

I don't think anybody knows what to expect after the switch to variable pricing this fall. But I'd be shocked if there isn't some sort of big increase before Star Wars opens. If you're thinking about going this year, I'd buy the tickets as soon as possible.

I don't think anybody knows what to expect after the switch to variable pricing this fall. But I'd be shocked if there isn't some sort of big increase before Star Wars opens. If you're thinking about going this year, I'd buy the tickets as soon as possible.

We were hoping to but I think it's out of the question now with our volatile dollar. FIL was funding 50% of the trip and is no longer keen on traveling there .

I would be shocked if we saw no increase.

I'm guessing at least another 5 % this year, and that's if we are lucky.

I couldn't imagine coming from Canada! I live 2 hours away and since we aren't doing AP's again this year, just a quick 3 day trip for us is out of the question!

I wouldn't expect it right away. They only just released ticket prices based on how busy the day will be late last year and I think they're hoping to get more people in the parks this summer rather than the fall/winter. Maybe something in May or June?

Good article - thanks!

So far, we haven't seen anything like what has happened to Apple with Disney. So far, no matter how much the tickets prices increase, or parking, or fill in the blank, people are willing to pay it.

However, there's going to come a point where it will happen. Attendance will go down after prices go up. I don't know when, though.

They just aren't making money on ticket price increases, they are making tons of dough on separate events (like Disney After Hours). You can see on these boards how ingrained those events are in current day planning. Nobody thinks twice about doing them. That's a huge win for Disney.

Sadly true. And I didn't get a raise this year, so a Disney vacation is moving into Unaffordabilityland.

For me it's almost already there. Worse as I had to move to Europe so now the whole thing is more expensive, as salaries are not as high in Europe. So yeah, for me it is now in the Every 3 or 4 years land. At least I get Disneyland Paris in the "Every 1 or 2 years land". Lol.

There are big differences between Apple and Disney. If you don't like Apple's prices, Android phones offer essentially the same thing, or you can hang on to your old model for another year and them buy a year old model at steep discount.
With a theme park, unless someone creates a very similar experience to Disney, then they can charge what they want and people have to decide whether to fully go without it or not.

Does anyone know if Undercover tourist raises their prices along with Disney? We were planning to wait until about August to buy our tickets from UT. I'd like to keep that time frame to keep dumping debt and pay cash for them. However, if UT will increase ticket prices as well, I'd rather save the $$.

Does anyone know if Undercover tourist raises their prices along with Disney? We were planning to wait until about August to buy our tickets from UT. I'd like to keep that time frame to keep dumping debt and pay cash for them. However, if UT will increase ticket prices as well, I'd rather save the $$.

Once UT sells out of their old tickets the price will go up. In 2017 we bought "old" tickets, but once the price increase from disney was announced they started selling out fast with UT.

It’s hard to know exactly how things will go this time around. With the new system each day is priced differently there is no across the board price increase like before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!