Tiana’s Bayou AP Preview?

I feel your pain. In the same situation, but with December arrival and May expiration.

Ngl the change in procedure is helping me not feel as bad about it now that I've thought about it. Honestly, I have zero issues landing VQs and don't mind flying down for the day (I just got a shedload of B6 points back), but not having a set time I know I can do it would be a bit stressful.

Still, this is like the 3rd time running I've been screwed out of a preview. I've never gotten to do a preview since I've had my AP. I never even got the emails until Cosmic Rewind, which my old boss threw a monkey wrench into out of petty spite, and dates just did not work for me with Tron. Now that I actually have the flexibility, my AP date is messing with me. :(

Thankfully my coworker told me that she received an email. I haven't received an email since the Pandora preview

You’ll be fine as far as APs go, but June can be crowded anyway so you already have a plan for dealing with crowds I’m sure. Previews have not generated enough AP attendance to affect parks before and there is no requirement they be in the park to join the VQ.
Do we know if you'll have to be physically in MK to get in the VQ for Tiana's AP preview? I have a park reservation for 6/16 at Epcot. I'd hate to make the trek over and not be able to get in.

Thanks for anyone who knows.

Do we know if you'll have to be physically in MK to get in the VQ for Tiana's AP preview? I have a park reservation for 6/16 at Epcot. I'd hate to make the trek over and not be able to get in.

I'm referring to the 1:00pm VQ

No, look on your MDE under BUZZ news and the info is all spelled out there.

I'm referring to the 1:00pm VQ

The 1 p.m. virtual queue will be available to Passholders with a park reservation to any Theme Park for that day. As a reminder, Passholders must enter the theme park where they have a reservation prior to visiting Magic Kingdom Park. Or, on June 13, 14, 17, 18 or 20, they can enter Magic Kingdom Park without a reservation after 2 p.m.

The 1 p.m. virtual queue will be available to Passholders with a park reservation to any Theme Park for that day. As a reminder, Passholders must enter the theme park where they have a reservation prior to visiting Magic Kingdom Park. Or, on June 13, 14, 17, 18 or 20, they can enter Magic Kingdom Park without a reservation after 2 p.m.

Could you get Guardians at 7am with an Epcot reservation and try at 1pm for Tiana?

Could you get Guardians at 7am with an Epcot reservation and try at 1pm for Tiana?

From the AP preview email I got this morning:

Planning on visiting TRON Lightcycle / Run Presented by Enterprise® or Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind? Not to worry, you can hold a virtual queue for one of those attractions and for Tiana's Bayou Adventure Passholder preview at the same time, when available. This special perk is only offered during Passholder previews.

Well that as fun....not! Got the e-mail around 9 AM, signed up in a queue for a countdown of about an hour. It then asks me to enter name/password and select a date/park. Except, the AP preview dates at MK are N/A. So I opted for EPCOT maybe hoping for the 1 PM VQ on that day. I still have my opening day reservation at MK.

What a quirky system (I've never used it before).

I'm still in the queue. No e-mail- I relied on WDWNT on Facebook for the info.
MDE App calendar shows MK completely out of reservations but all other parks are clear-
oops! My queue page just changed to wait almost over- trying for Epcot and 1:00 VQ.

You’ll be fine as far as APs go, but June can be crowded anyway so you already have a plan for dealing with crowds I’m sure. Previews have not generated enough AP attendance to affect parks before and there is no requirement they be in the park to join the VQ.
Thanks so much. I didn’t realize that for AP, they don’t have to be in the park to VQ. Maybe that’ll help. We went in June last year and I think I have it down ok. Just didn’t have this many people in our party, and first timers, so there’s more pressure. Our Epcot day lands on the first day Test Track is closed, so we are already a little worried about that day with LL availability as it’s a park hopper day with AK. So this AP announcement for MK made me panic a little.

I'm still in the queue. No e-mail- I relied on WDWNT on Facebook for the info.
MDE App calendar shows MK completely out of reservations but all other parks are clear-
oops! My queue page just changed to wait almost over- trying for Epcot and 1:00 VQ.
UGH! Reservation queue went from 'over one hour' to 59 min, ...58...57. Now back to over one hour!

Any cast members need a friend or family for the Tiana's preview? We just missed the AP / DVC dates being there from 6/1 - 6/11.

Called it! Hoping the standby queue becomes available for my August trip. Riding Splash Mountain at night was a staple for my trips, so standby will allow that tradition to continue with Tiana. (G+ or VQ is random)
I will be shocked if it moves from anything but VQ and G+ LL for a very long time. This attraction will be extremely popular for a long time. Hey, Splash still had long waits and it had been open many years!

I will be shocked if it moves from anything but VQ and G+ LL for a very long time. This attraction will be extremely popular for a long time. Hey, Splash still had long waits and it had been open many years!
disney def implied in their announcement the VQ is short term

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter