Throwaway room (read post #2041 or #2710 before posting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happens after you book your room only and reserve your FP+ and end up canceling the room 10 days out, do you loose the FP+?

What happens after you book your room only and reserve your FP+ and end up canceling the room 10 days out, do you loose the FP+?
No you don't. I believe, but am not certain, that you can cancel within 30 days and won't lose the FPs. There's even a blurb about it when making the reservation. Here it is:

CANCELLATION POLICY: In order to receive a full refund of guest’s deposit, notification of cancellation must be received at least 5 days prior to guest’s arrival date. To cancel or modify an existing reservation, call (800) 647-7900. Additionally, if the guest is holding any other types of reservations, such as dining, those reservations will not be cancelled unless you advise us to cancel them.

No you don't. I believe, but am not certain, that you can cancel within 30 days and won't lose the FPs. There's even a blurb about it when making the reservation. Here it is:

That is what I last knew was the case. As long as you are still eligible to hold those reservations (i.e. within the 30 day window), then they are not lost.

Ok....I read all of this and it just confuses me. I have a trip planned for March. I have my reservations and 60 day FP booked. So....
1. I can book a 1 day campsite for the # of people going?
2. If I buy Magic Bands and UT Tickets and attach to another Account, I can make Advance FP?
3. Or I can Buy Magic Bands and attach to another account and get SDFP with no ticket attached or do I need tickets?
4. I have active MD's on my account with no tickets attached (people who have gone in the past but not this trip), can I use them for SDFP while I am there?
Thanks for any help at all and sorry I am confused.

Last edited:

Ok....I read all of this and it just confuses me. I have a trip planned for March. I have my reservations and 60 day FP booked. So....
1. I can book a 1 day campsite for the # of people going?

If you already have FP+ booked at 60 days, you must already have an on-site reservation, so for that alone you don't need to do anything like this. But for information, you can book one campsite for a max 10 people.

2. If I buy Magic Bands and UT Tickets and attach to another Account, I can make Advance FP?

An MDX account with tickets attached alone can book FP+ at 30 days. MagicBands are not required for anything.

An MDX account with tickets and a valid reservation can book FP+ from the current date through the end of the reservation, once the current date hits 60 days from the check-in date.

3. Or I can Buy Magic Bands and attach to another account and get SDFP with no ticket attached or do I need tickets?

If what I remember is still correct, you do not need tickets - just bands on a completely unrelated MDX account. But that's really a different thread.

4. I have active MD's on my account with no tickets attached (people who have gone in the past button this trip), can I use them for SDFP while I am there?

This I am not aware of, but may work. But again, this has nothing to do with a throwaway room.

Slightly off topic, but sort of related. I have booked with 10 day passes. When I book my FP+ at 60 days out...will I get to keep them if I switch to an annual pass prior to checking in. My son has applied to the Disney international program and if he's accepted I will change to APs. He won't know until I make my FP+ choices

Slightly off topic, but sort of related. I have booked with 10 day passes. When I book my FP+ at 60 days out...will I get to keep them if I switch to an annual pass prior to checking in. My son has applied to the Disney international program and if he's accepted I will change to APs. He won't know until I make my FP+ choices

You will not lose FP+ reservations just because you changed the ticket type. And certainly not if you waited until you got there to upgrade to the AP.

APs allow for up to 7 outstanding FP+ days without a reservation, or the length of the reservation for an on-site stay. If for some reason your on-site stay is less than 10 days, but you've reserved 10 days based on your tickets, and switch to an AP, what might happen is that some of the days become "locked" and can't be changed until you are below the 7 day quota again. I'm not certain of this, but I believe this is what happened in the past when other changes caused people to be ineligible for the number of days of FP+ they already booked, IIRC, like reducing the days on the ticket.

You will not lose FP+ reservations just because you changed the ticket type. And certainly not if you waited until you got there to upgrade to the AP.

APs allow for up to 7 outstanding FP+ days without a reservation, or the length of the reservation for an on-site stay. If for some reason your on-site stay is less than 10 days, but you've reserved 10 days based on your tickets, and switch to an AP, what might happen is that some of the days become "locked" and can't be changed until you are below the 7 day quota again. I'm not certain of this, but I believe this is what happened in the past when other changes caused people to be ineligible for the number of days of FP+ they already booked, IIRC, like reducing the days on the ticket.

Ok, this makes sense. Thank you. I have a 14 night stay booked with 10 day PH and water parks. So I can book my FP+ at the 60 day mark for the whole 10 days....then switch to AP later if I want. Then I could book FP+ for the extra days once AP activated I guess.

Ok, this makes sense. Thank you. I have a 14 night stay booked with 10 day PH and water parks. So I can book my FP+ at the 60 day mark for the whole 10 days....then switch to AP later if I want. Then I could book FP+ for the extra days once AP activated I guess.
When you say "SWITCH" do you mean upgrade your 10 day ticket to an AP, or do you mean put your 10 day ticket in a drawer and instead go buy an AP to use. (aka 'switch' which ticket you're using).

UPGRADING works exactly how @doconeill says. SWITCHING which ticket you're using however, won't work. The FPs are assigned to the 10 day ticket, and if you use a different ticket (AP), it won't have FPs associated with it.

When you say "SWITCH" do you mean upgrade your 10 day ticket to an AP, or do you mean put your 10 day ticket in a drawer and instead go buy an AP to use. (aka 'switch' which ticket you're using).

UPGRADING works exactly how @doconeill says. SWITCHING which ticket you're using however, won't work. The FPs are assigned to the 10 day ticket, and if you use a different ticket (AP), it won't have FPs associated with it.

Not really sure that's true. FP+ are associated with the MDX profile, as are the tickets, and the bands. It all sort of goes in one big pot. It doesn't really matter which ticket was used to enter the park as long as it is registered in the profile, although you do have to have them prioritize which ticket would get used if you want to use a specific one.

I meant upgrade. I would change from 10 day to AP

So will fast passes be cancelled if an onsite reservation is changed wtihin 30 days of the start of trip?

Last edited:
Parking question: We have a campsite booked for 1 night. We will be there for RD on our check in day - do I have to physically go check in to get a parking pass prior to going to MK? I've read conflicting info. Some say you can just scan your band to look up your reservation, some say you have to get a pass. What about day 2 (technically check out day) - will I need a pass then??

Parking question: We have a campsite booked for 1 night. We will be there for RD on our check in day - do I have to physically go check in to get a parking pass prior to going to MK? I've read conflicting info. Some say you can just scan your band to look up your reservation, some say you have to get a pass. What about day 2 (technically check out day) - will I need a pass then??

Just go up to the MK toll plaza to the rightmost lane that will accept cars (the extreme right lane is for buses), tell them you're checking into Ft. Wilderness today, and they will wave you through. Then you can either go left into the MK parking lot or right towards the resorts, whichever you want. Whenever I am checking into a monorail resort they never ask to see anything at the MK toll plaza, they just wave me on through. You could go to MK or Epcot very easily from TTC. The second day you'll have the paper from the resort in your car so no problem. I guess the only problem would be if you're planning on visiting the Studios or Animal Kingdom on your checkin day, then you would have to prove your resort reservation to the toll plazas there, but I guess we don't have to discuss that unless you say that's the case.

Thanks, we'll be going to MK so that's what I thought for day 1. I'm not planning to actually check in at all so I won't be picking up the paperwork. I've read different things about just scanning your bands instead of having an actual parking pass, so I wasn't sure how it worked. So I guess we'd end up paying on check out day unless I go pick up the parking pass.

Thanks, we'll be going to MK so that's what I thought for day 1. I'm not planning to actually check in at all so I won't be picking up the paperwork. I've read different things about just scanning your bands instead of having an actual parking pass, so I wasn't sure how it worked. So I guess we'd end up paying on check out day unless I go pick up the parking pass.
Just scan your MB. The parking toll CMs have MB readers to confirm you are an onsite (in the system) guest.

Another option might be parking at Ft. Wilderness, check in and get your parking pass (should be very little line at that time of the morning), and then get on the bus for MK. That would avoid parking in the MK lot and dealing with the trams, monorail, and ferryboat. I'll bet it wouldn't take you any longer, and then at the end of the day you could take the bus back to Ft. Wilderness and leave from there instead of dealing with the crowded trams, monorail, and ferryboat again. Or even take the boat service to/from Ft. Wilderness for something more scenic. Then you would have your parking paper for day 2.

Another option might be parking at Ft. Wilderness, check in and get your parking pass (should be very little line at that time of the morning), and then get on the bus for MK. That would avoid parking in the MK lot and dealing with the trams, monorail, and ferryboat. I'll bet it wouldn't take you any longer, and then at the end of the day you could take the bus back to Ft. Wilderness and leave from there instead of dealing with the crowded trams, monorail, and ferryboat again. Or even take the boat service to/from Ft. Wilderness for something more scenic. Then you would have your parking paper for day 2.
That is an awesome idea and I bet my kids would love taking the ferry over to MK! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter