Throwaway room (read post #2041 or #2710 before posting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We may need to cancel. My dad has had a stroke and my mom has fallen and hurt her knee. Our trip may be moved offsite to a condo fo the whole trip. We were going to split stay. If we lose our bands so be it. The least of my worries recently

You are correct if you have a ROOM ONLY reservation. Just did this over Spring Break. Our motorhome wasn't ready for the 1,000+ mile drive to Disney (we just drove down for Christmas vacation) so we reluctantly cancelled our preferred site reservation about 25 days out and stayed at an offsite hotel. Our MBs worked and all of our FPs were there after the cancellation.

We had a genuine reason to cancel, and I even offered my site up to the camping forum before calling and cancelling to try and coordinate in case someone wanted to pick it up.

ETA: I don't see it as skirting or breaking Disney rules because, as stated, we intended to use the site, and then something came up. As you can see from my signature we have stayed at the Fort several times. I'm not advocating anyone misuse this information for "free" MBs and 60 day FPs.

Could it be that because you cancelled within 30 days out that your FP+ we're NOT cancelled? IF you have tix linked to MDE, you can ALWAYS book @ 30 days or sooner. You could do SO without EVER planning on EVEN visiting! (Like when folks practice making fast passes before their 60 day window.

I've tried to read a lot of this thread since the beginning but can't remember if this question has been asked and answered here before. Anyway, I have a throwaway campsite booked. I will not be going there to check in and I am not canceling it at any time either. My question is, will we be able to take advantage of EMHs at the parks?

TIA,Karen

I've tried to read a lot of this thread since the beginning but can't remember if this question has been asked and answered here before. Anyway, I have a throwaway campsite booked. I will not be going there to check in and I am not canceling it at any time either. My question is, will we be able to take advantage of EMHs at the parks?

TIA,Karen

Hoping for an answer so bumping this up.

However, the parking, and EMH perks will only be in effect for the "check in" day, and the "check out" day, not for your length of stay, or at least that is the way I understand it.

However, the parking, and EMH perks will only be in effect for the "check in" day, and the "check out" day, not for your length of stay, or at least that is the way I understand it.

I "check in" for Sunday and "check out" on Friday. I get parking and perks for full length of stay. Yes?

I "check in" for Sunday and "check out" on Friday. I get parking and perks for full length of stay. Yes?

Yes, I said that wrong . . . and made an assumption as well. I assumed that the "throw away" would be a one night stay. In that situation, you get check in and check out day privileges. If your stay is longer, then your privileges last FROM your check in day THROUGH your check out day.

What I was trying to say was that if you have a one night reservation, but you have 10 day tickets, you won't get parking etc for the entire 10 days.

You will be able to book FP+ 60 days out for the entire 10 days, but NOT 60+10, so you will have to make the FP+ selections 60 days out from each of your park days.

Yes, I said that wrong . . . and made an assumption as well. I assumed that the "throw away" would be a one night stay. In that situation, you get check in and check out day privileges. If your stay is longer, then your privileges last FROM your check in day THROUGH your check out day.

What I was trying to say was that if you have a one night reservation, but you have 10 day tickets, you won't get parking etc for the entire 10 days.

You will be able to book FP+ 60 days out for the entire 10 days, but NOT 60+10, so you will have to make the FP+ selections 60 days out from each of your park days.

I think she will be able to make 60+10 reservations; 60 days from each of the park days is with a one day "throwaway" reservation.

Wow...So let me get this straight. I could make a room only reservation for how many ever nights I want too and then would be able to book fast passes at 60 days and get new magic bands. Then I could cancel the room before 5 days of arrival date and could stay offsite? Wouldn't I lose the fast passes?

Wow...So let me get this straight. I could make a room only reservation for how many ever nights I want too and then would be able to book fast passes at 60 days and get new magic bands. Then I could cancel the room before 5 days of arrival date and could stay offsite? Wouldn't I lose the fast passes?

To be fair to the poster, she is keeping her reservation. But no, you would not lose any fast passes if you canceled your room reservation, as long as you had attached ticket media.

I'm confused - if I make a 2nd reservation that allows me to make my ADR a few days earlier, and make those and then cancel the room reservation, my ADR will not be cancelled? Can I make the ADR and then cancel the room the next day or is it a certain timing?

I'm confused - if I make a 2nd reservation that allows me to make my ADR a few days earlier, and make those and then cancel the room reservation, my ADR will not be cancelled? Can I make the ADR and then cancel the room the next day or is it a certain timing?

That's correct. I would wait until the 180 day mark passes before canceling. What's confusing?

Can I then add the dining reservations from the cancelled room reservation to my actual room reservation?

Can I then add the dining reservations from the cancelled room reservation to my actual room reservation?

Dining reservations aren't tethered to a room reservation. A room reservation simply allows the expanded window for making ADRs - they are not tied together.

To be fair to the poster, she is keeping her reservation. But no, you would not lose any fast passes if you canceled your room reservation, as long as you had attached ticket media.

Yes. I am keeping my reservation. I'm tempted to cancel... ($$$) but I can't bring myself to for a few reasons.

Dining reservations aren't tethered to a room reservation. A room reservation simply allows the expanded window for making ADRs - they are not tied together.

I know you can link dining to your MDE account so can I do that after I cancel first resort reservation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter