Throwaway room (read post #2041 or #2710 before posting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going November 14th to the 21st and are staying off site. Our WDW touring days are the 15th thru the 19th. I made my reservation to FW for check in on the 15th and check out the 16th. I customized my magic bands. MDE itinerary for November 15th says "check in after 1PM." Will I still be able to select an earlier time (7AM as advised in earlier posts) when I do online check in? When can I expect Disney will send me our magic bands?

The throwaway room is booked and I have a reservation number. I don't plan on cancelling the reservation; I don't want to risk losing any FP+ selections and am hoping to get 2 days of free parking at the parks.

We are going November 14th to the 21st and are staying off site. Our WDW touring days are the 15th thru the 19th. I made my reservation to FW for check in on the 15th and check out the 16th. I customized my magic bands. MDE itinerary for November 15th says "check in after 1PM." Will I still be able to select an earlier time (7AM as advised in earlier posts) when I do online check in? When can I expect Disney will send me our magic bands?

What do you need early check-in for if you aren't actually checking in? Check-in time has no bearing on FP+ selections or parking.

That's good to know. I thought that free parking only was in effect after the arrival time selected with online check in. I was concerned that if my check in time was 1PM that free parking would not be available before then on the day of check in.

I also have a throwaway room booked and am wondering how the free parking works. I remember when actually staying at the resort they would give you a paper to put in your window to show you were an on site guest. I'm not planning on actually going to the resort (campground) to check in so how do I let the security guard at the booth know that we are on site guests?

Thank you

You won't lose your FP if you cancel and it's cheaper to pay two days of parking ($40) than for one night at the campground at the cheapest site ($52, at the cheapest, I believe). Everyone wins if the reservation is cancelled.

Because Post #2041, referenced in the title of this thread, is difficult to find, here it is:
Folks this thread is not for debating whether or not this is a good, bad or allowable glitch.
Posts/posters who ignore this warning will be removed accordingly :)
Please remember to follow the Board's decision on this topic. Thanks!

Newbie here - this post just popped up. My trip is within 30 days. Could I book a one night midweek throwaway without tickets to get MBs to use for SDFPs? Would the MBs be mailed immediately so there would still be time to cancel without penalty? TIA.

Edit: Could I book a one night midweek throwaway resort reservation without tickets under a new MDE to get a second set of MBs to use for SDFPs?

Last edited:
Newbie here - this post just popped up. My trip is within 30 days. Could I book a one night midweek throwaway without tickets to get MBs to use for SDFPs? Would the MBs be mailed immediately so there would still be time to cancel without penalty? TIA.

Edit: Could I book a one night midweek throwaway resort reservation without tickets under a new MDE to get a second set of MBs to use for SDFPs?
Anyone know? TY.

At under 30 days, I don't believe they will ship the magic bands, I believe you would have to do resort check in, and pick them up there, not 100% certain though.

Yes.

If a person booked an 11 night stay and then cancelled all but the first 3 about 15 - 20 day's out do you get to keep all of your ADR's and FP reservations? I would do the online check in.

Thanks

Wondermouse

If a person booked an 11 night stay and then cancelled all but the first 3 about 15 - 20 day's out do you get to keep all of your ADR's and FP reservations? I would do the online check in.

Thanks

Wondermouse

They won't let you modify a reservation like that any more. You would have to cancel and rebook, subject to availability.

But ADRs are not tied to your reservation.

FPs are only tied to your reservation if they are part of a package.

ok, so you would go ahead and make all of the ADR's and FP plus ressies, then cancel the whole thing within 20-25 day's out and it would allow you to keep both your ADR's and FP's (it would be a room only reservation)? In addition 4 of our group are AP's and I note on the MDE that we have 4 MB's ready to ship, plus on the booking there would be several others going and the same 4 are listed for MB's for that too. If I allow the AP MB's to ship now, will they still ship the other MB's for the booking? Just don't want to mess up the booking is all and at the end of the day we may end up keeping the booking and use the facilities there.

I read through a good portion of this post and didn't see where this scenario was presented. Which option would be better or am I way off base altogether.

Going to Disney 10/8-10/15 so up against the 60 day mark soon. We are staying offsite WH and have purchased tickets from UT, not linked to MDE yet. I got intrigued reading through the thread and decided to check on a campsite for 10/8, unfortunately none are available for the 7th, 8th or 9th (Columbus Weekend). So here is my question, should I make a one night reservation for the 10th, get the magic bands for family (6) and book FP+'s for the majority of my trip (10th-15th) at 60 days out. I'm guessing FP+'s for the 8th and 9th would have to made at 30 days out since my "stay" isn't until the 10th. I just plan to use the magic bands for SDFP and not tying my tickets to them...

Any issues with doing this? Would I be better off making my reservation for the 6th? We are arriving late on the 8th MK (for parade and Wishes) and AK on the 9th so I'm not overly concerned with FP+ reservations for those days.

Thanks in advance to all those who regularly post and answer questions. Without all of you, these $$$ Disney trips would be too frustrating to enjoy. I miss the days when I was a kid and you didn't have to plan every single move.

I read through a good portion of this post and didn't see where this scenario was presented. Which option would be better or am I way off base altogether.

Going to Disney 10/8-10/15 so up against the 60 day mark soon. We are staying offsite WH and have purchased tickets from UT, not linked to MDE yet. I got intrigued reading through the thread and decided to check on a campsite for 10/8, unfortunately none are available for the 7th, 8th or 9th (Columbus Weekend). So here is my question, should I make a one night reservation for the 10th, get the magic bands for family (6) and book FP+'s for the majority of my trip (10th-15th) at 60 days out. I'm guessing FP+'s for the 8th and 9th would have to made at 30 days out since my "stay" isn't until the 10th. I just plan to use the magic bands for SDFP and not tying my tickets to them...

Any issues with doing this? Would I be better off making my reservation for the 6th? We are arriving late on the 8th MK (for parade and Wishes) and AK on the 9th so I'm not overly concerned with FP+ reservations for those days.

Thanks in advance to all those who regularly post and answer questions. Without all of you, these $$$ Disney trips would be too frustrating to enjoy. I miss the days when I was a kid and you didn't have to plan every single move.

If you booked the campsite for the 10th, you would be able to make your FP's at 60 days out for the 10th and 11th, and also for the 8th and 9th-all those days can be made at 60 days out from the 10th (which would be your check-in day). Then, you could make FP's for the 12th, at 60 days out from the 12th, then FP's for the 13th, at 60 days out from the 13th, and so on.

BUT, you stated you want to use the magic bands for SDFP? If you book the campsite under your MDE, your magic bands that you get will be linked to your MDE, so they would be clones of your UCT tickets when you link them. If you were going to book the campsite under a separate MDE than where your UCT tickets would be, then you couldn't book your FP's at 60 days out, because you have to have tickets liked to do that. I hope that makes sense.

If you booked the campsite for the 10th, you would be able to make your FP's at 60 days out for the 10th and 11th, and also for the 8th and 9th-all those days can be made at 60 days out from the 10th (which would be your check-in day). Then, you could make FP's for the 12th, at 60 days out from the 12th, then FP's for the 13th, at 60 days out from the 13th, and so on.

BUT, you stated you want to use the magic bands for SDFP? If you book the campsite under your MDE, your magic bands that you get will be linked to your MDE, so they would be clones of your UCT tickets when you link them. If you were going to book the campsite under a separate MDE than where your UCT tickets would be, then you couldn't book your FP's at 60 days out, because you have to have tickets liked to do that. I hope that makes sense.

Thanks Shroog. It makes sense (I think). So I will need to link my UCT tickets to these magic bands to get the 60 day window and if I want to make SDFP I will need additional (non-linked) tickets or magic bands. I knew something wasn't adding up when I was typing my question last night but I couldn't put my finger on it. Disney was beta testing the magic bands the last time we were there so this is all new to us. Hopefully I won't screw it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts