Three Things...Gratitude Thread

1. One of my neighbors has always been one of my emergency contacts for the kids’ school forms.
2. Her daughter is my dog sitter when we are away.
3. A bunch of us watch out for my next door neighbor. He has some mental health challenges and occasionally has needed a well check. We have a neighbor group text that basically is just us asking each other when the last time we saw him was.

3 things neighbors have done that you were grateful for (and/or things you were grateful to be able to do for a neighbor)
1. Helped us clean up after our tree fell (No damage to the house when the actual tree fell, thank goodness.)
2. Some random kids that we didn't even know helped my mom pick up leaves on day
3. Cleared our driveway with their snowblower

Does air conditioning in a car count ??? Because I remember not having it and I’m very grateful to have it
If it does - Seat warmers !!!! ❤️❤️❤️ greatest thing ever right up there with steering wheel warmer!!! So grateful for both !! My achy back loves seat warmers !!

Turbo Engines - love the get up and go !!! No 4 cylinder here!! So grateful for speed !!

Mostly I’m very grateful I have a car !!! I don’t drive much but I’m grateful I can when I want to !!

Dad and I are truly blessed to have two safe cars.

At the moment, I also am truly humbly grateful to God for my neighbor Yelena's walker that helps transport me safely by His Mercy and Grace. God willing, my own two feet shall fully recover eventually too. Walking and mobility in general are beyond blessings indeed.

Flying with Dumbo, sailing on Small World, and travelling by the Disneyland Train are three fun modes of transportation ::MickeyMo

TGIF! :yay:

#1 - My RAV4 Hybrid - I’m so grateful we decided to get a hybrid. I get awesome gas mileage, which really saves money (some months I only fill up once every 4 weeks). When my DH needs a new truck, he’ll be getting a hybrid too ::yes::

#2 - Airplanes - It’s so nice to jump on an airplane to get where you want to go quickly. I don’t mind road trips, but it’s requires more time off work, which I don’t want to do.

#3 - Monorail at WDW - So many great memories spent on the monorail. When my girls were little, and we stayed at The Contemporary, or The Poly, I’d get them ready for bed, and we’d get on the monorail and go around and around and around for them them to relax. Sometimes they’d fall asleep, cuddling with me, and I’d carry them back to the room and put them to bed. Seems like forever ago now.

Man…it’s a rough day for me to be thinking transportation gratitude. Our area was hit by a really nasty storm last night. A massive limb came down on the driveway and garage. We’ve been without power for nearly 13 hours and have a lot of headaches to figure out.

1. Grateful that my vehicle only seems to have suffered minor damage. I’m hoping I can get the windshield replaced today. I already started my claim, so hopefully I can get this done.

2. Grateful for my vehicle’s air conditioner. We spent several hours in it last night and I went out again around 4:30am to cool off.

3. Grateful for all of my vehicle’s USB ports and outlets. I think it has 6-8 USB ports and one or two conventional outlets. It’s helping keep phones and backup batteries charged.

Side note…DD17s truck wasn’t impacted, but DHs truck took it hard. I’d like to try and pull it out to assess the damage, but it might be better to take care of the big limb first.

@TiggerTrigger - I'm so sorry about the troubles from the storm! I hope you're able to get things resolved quickly!

3 car or transportation-related things you're grateful for

1. My Toyota HIghlander - it's 8.5 years old now and I've had no problems with it. DH wants us to get a new car, so we're debating that now. I just still love it, so hate to trade for something else. If we do, it will definitely be a hybrid though. DH has a hybrid Maverick truck and I agree @slo - the gas mileage is great!

2. Cruise ships - love cruising for vacations. So fun to travel overnight and wake up in a new place!

3. Airplanes - so thankful that they are able to get us to places quickly. Last fall, we were able to go to my cousin's wedding in Boise, ID from the St Louis area even though we only had a long weekend to do it. We wouldn't have been able to go without airplanes!

Love the boat transportation at WDW, especially from WL to MK. It is so nice to come back to the peaceful dock area and paths after the chaos that is the MK!

There was a monorail at the 1964-65 NY World’s Fair and I’ve loved them ever since. I truly thought that by now cars would be gone and there would be monorails everywhere! We make sure to do a loop or two every trip.

I met my DH on a train, so I will always be grateful for that. :)

CAR/TRANSPORTATION

Trains (especially when it was one great big British Rail network), the freedom to venture further afield when I was a teen/uni student was awesome.

Vacation-related: -

The ferry over to Mackinac Island.

The WDW Monorail, especially the MK loop. ...Oh, and especially walking from a room in The Contemporary main building down to get on the monorail. Just the carpet there is nostalgic!!!!

Last edited:
Does air conditioning in a car count ??? Because I remember not having it and I’m very grateful to have it
If it does - Seat warmers !!!! ❤️❤️❤️ greatest thing ever right up there with steering wheel warmer!!! So grateful for both !! My achy back loves seat warmers !!
Yes, it counts. I really appreciate having air-con in my car!
#3 - Monorail at WDW - So many great memories spent on the monorail. When my girls were little, and we stayed at The Contemporary, or The Poly, I’d get them ready for bed, and we’d get on the monorail and go around and around and around for them them to relax. Sometimes they’d fall asleep, cuddling with me, and I’d carry them back to the room and put them to bed. Seems like forever ago now.
I love this. What a lovely memory.
Man…it’s a rough day for me to be thinking transportation gratitude. Our area was hit by a really nasty storm last night. A massive limb came down on the driveway and garage. We’ve been without power for nearly 13 hours and have a lot of headaches to figure out.
:hug: Sorry to hear this. Hope you get everything cleared up and sorted easily and quickly. Glad you have good neighbors.

Heated seats, aka, the Cushy Tushy! Particularly lovely in Maine in February!

Disney Transportation (minus the buses). I love riding the monorail, skyliner, boats, parking lot trams, the train at MK, and the PeopleMover!

Airplanes- How would I ever get anywhere without a flight? Especially happy with Southwest; by juggling credit cards we earn enough points (and companion passes) that we rarely pay for airfare!

The Monoriel at WDW! Not only iconic but also such a wonderful representation of Walt Disney’s boldness.

Flights!! I could live in a plane, love the taking off feeling as well as seeing them on air, such a marvelous technology.

The hot air balloons.. it is such an amazing experience!

3 transportation things -

That we each have our own cars. (DH and I shared the first couple of years we were married.)

Disney transportation (yes, even the busses) - it's nice to just leave the driving to the professionals while on vacation!

And another vote for airplanes, because I can be in Florida in only a few hours. 🛫

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter