Three Things...Gratitude Thread

PollyannaMom

I was a click-clack champ!!
1665935720769.png

Say three things you're grateful for in a particular category (new category every day or so - suggestions welcome!)

They can be big or small, whatever pops into your head, and they don't have to be in any particular order.

Scroll down (or click on the last page and scroll up - hopefully this thread gets long!) to get to the most current topic. :)

Last edited:
Technology:

Facetime - My sister in law makes such an effort to keep in touch via FaceTime that we have a great relationship with our nephew (who is only 2 1/2) even though they live 9 hours away. I am not only grateful for the technology but for her to go out of her way to include us in his life.

Wordle - I really enjoy hopping on the computer for a few minutes in the morning and playing this game. It's a small/simple pleasure.

DVR - Fast forwarding through commercials is fantastic and I don't have to miss any show that I want to see.

(Great idea for a thread. I'm really looking forward to people's responses and the different categories.)

Apps -- I'm thankful that there are so many apps now that make things a little bit easier for individuals with disabilities
Facebook -- I'm thankful I can stay in touch with people I don't see on a regular basis
Streaming -- I'm thankful that churches can stream their services for those who are homebound and can't make it in person

Wow so many good ideas already posted!

1)social media, both for keeping in touch with far flung family and friends, and sites like this (tinkerbellandpeterpan just reminded me I haven't played Wordle yet today!)
2) iPhone, both with GPS and playing my music library while I drive
3) ease of online financial transactions

Zoom - made work meetings possible when we couldn’t be together. We still utilize it quite a bit as it’s so convenient.

My tablet - I use it almost daily.

Cell phone - countless uses and always feel I’m available if someone needs me.

Smart Phones - I love having all the benefits a smart phone has to offer - especially texting and GPS. GPS allows me to leave my house and go places without my husband, who has a built in GPS in his brain and I get lost in my own town - LOL! Texting is always great for obvious reasons, but last year when DD19’s HS was on lock down due to what they thought was an active shooter situation, I was able to stay in constant contact with her to know she’s safe and to help keep her calm during the most scary situation of her life (and one of mine too).

Doorbell Camera - It gives so much peace of mind being able to see what’s going on at your front door every minute of every day

Apple Watch - I never thought I’d love this watch as much as I do. I love getting my notifications and texts on my wrist - especially when my phone is not with me or close to me.

Teachers -

my 11th grade English teacher - for sneaking geography into English by making us look up all the story settings on a map

my junior high math teacher - for walking us through discovering the solution instead of just giving it to us

my calculus teacher/yearbook staff advisor - for convincing me to join some clubs and really get involved in school

Last edited:
Teachers:

5th grade teacher: Mrs. Ellenwood for trying to teach me some degree of organization. I will never be as organized as you but you gave me the motivation to try!

4th grade teacher: Mrs. Hertzberg for teaching me how important keeping a good sense of humor is. And how important a can of lysol is during cold and flu season LOL. And also knowing what was important and it wasn't the stupid red pen (no one will get the reference but I will always appreciate her for that)

AP Physics Teacher: Mr. Mac for teaching me that girls can always be "good" at science and being the kind of thoughtful and devoted teacher you read about but don't always experience. He was a gem and I will never forget just the kind human being he was. He was the kind of person that you always hope will go into teaching because he was so darn good at it.

Teachers
1. My sister, who I love. :lovestruc She spent her entire career in education; primary grades first and then moving into high school special ed. I can only imagine how many young lives she poured her love and care into. What an incredible contribution.

2. So many wonderful teachers the Lord put in our DS’s path over the years. Too many to list and each had a special role in his development. A simple “thank you” could never do it justice.

Coaches
3. NBA coach Nick Nurse, who will hopefully lead my beloved Toronto Raptors towards another championship this year! :cheer2:

My third grade teacher -Miss Lambertini--she made learning fun for me. I hadn't been a fan of school till then, but she changed my mind

My freshman English teacher- Mr. White- he always took the time to fully explain things, and was there when I needed extra tutoring to figure out the things I couldn't get on my own

My freshman History teacher-Mr. Leclerc (former NFL player for the Chicago Bears). He always regaled us with stories from his 'glory days' playing football. He had the entire class to his home for a pool party after we scored the highest on one of his always so hard tests. I was sad to read that he died in 2021 at 84 years of age.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter