Three Things...Gratitude Thread

Good Sunday Morning! :wave:

#1 - Bear in the Big Blue House and all the other Playhouse Disney shows in the early 2000s - my DD25 loved loved loved these shows. She’d cuddle up on my lap every weekend morning and we’d watch them together. Great memories for me.

#2 - The Chosen - I love this series about Jesus and his Disciples. If you haven’t watched it - I highly recommend it.

#3 - Downton Abbey - I’ve watched this series twice and I’m gearing up for a third. My mom loves it too, so we enjoy talking about it.

Clothing:
>"Bad Girls" tee shirt. It's purple and has all of the Disney female villains on it, and it glows in the dark. We bought these in the early 2000s. DD (who was maybe 7), my niece (who was 2), my sister, and I all have the Girls, in either purple or pink. DH and my BIL have, of course, the "Bad Boys" shirt in black. I LOVE this shirt, for what it represents, but also because they were purchased at a happier time in our family, when there was no messy divorce in my sister's family (with years-long fallout) and were bought on one of our Most Amazing family trips to Disney!
>My capris. I FINALLY found capris that fit well, with features I like. Like them so much I bought them in 4 different colors!
>My hippie shirt. I can't wear it anymore as it is so fragile and old. Purchased in the summer of 1972, it's a flowy, thin, white fabric (cambric?) with bell sleeves and a 4" slit at the neckline. There's brightly colored floral embroidery that starts at each shoulder and encircles the neckline. I love this shirt- loved wearing it then, love all the memories it holds. I wore it until it literally fell apart at a party, with a big tear on the back. I've since patched it with iron-on patches, and it's folded up in my memory box. Sigh. How did I ever get this old?

TV shows:

PBS kids shows of the 1990s. DD was raised on these shows and, like for @slo they hold wonderful memories for me, of cuddling and laughing with DD while watching these shows. (Katie&Orby, Arthur, Reading Rainbow, Wishbone, etc.)

West Wing- My comments would be more appropriate on the Controversy Board, so I won't say much... Except "Martin Sheen for President!"

M.A.S.H.

Honorable mention: Cheers, Six Feet Under, St. Elsewhere, Hill Street Blues, Breaking Bad, Suits. It's really hard to pick just three!

Slo:hug:Bear in the Big Blue House was sweet especially in memory, Luna the moon. Precious memory you shared of time with your daughter, thanks.

Touched by an Angel as I have shared previously will always be special to me.

I recently discovered On the Road witj Steve Hartman which shares acts of kindness from every day people all over our country. Reminds me of each of dear you.

Family Ties was a special series to me as grandma and I enjoyed it together. On afternoons I was home from school early for some reason we also liked Eight is Enough. Northern Exposure, too.

West Wing- My comments would be more appropriate on the Controversy Board, so I won't say much... Except "Martin Sheen for President!"
I've just recently been binging The West Wing! - I like having a show I can watch on the iPad in the evening - start while walking on the treadmill and finish while doing dishes. I'm grateful to have that portable option, and grateful I discovered the show thanks to a clip posted here on the DIS.

Echoing @flyingdumbo127, I did enjoy Family Ties, but my "grateful to have watched with my grandma" show was Murder, She Wrote. I still watch an episode occasionally and think of good memories with her. 💛

During the pandemic, I was grateful to rewatch The Waltons. I felt a sort of connection to them dealing with WWII things (rationing, being away from loved ones...) while we were dealing with our own shortages, not seeing our families, etc. - kind of like, if they were coping so well with worse versions of the same problems, we could be cheerful too.

Three TV shows...
1. And Just Like That - I did not see the original Sex and the City series until it was over, but am a big fan. Now that the reboot is here with the ladies in their 50s I am grateful to see women in their 50s enjoying life. Hollywood usually does not care about middle aged women and it is refreshing to see these women again, older and still relevant.
2. Gilmore Girls - I have always loved this show. Even today, if I come across a rerun I immediately stop and watch at least a few minutes of it. I was in heaven when they did the 4 follow up specials. Such a great show!
3. Friends - This show always makes me laugh. Whenever I am feeling lonely or sad I can turn it on and feel like I am around old friends.

I miss the original Disney channel shows for young kids. We watched Lunchbox every day, which had Curious George, some music videos, and other shorts that my DD loved. The only “ads” they ever had were quiet promos for other shows. It is so different now. All-time favorite was Adventures in Wonderland.

Currently, I am so grateful for Bluey. We have the best time watching that with our DGD.

Personally, the first show that popped into my head as being a favorite and that had a strong female lead, not usual at the time, was the British show The Avengers. (The Diana Rigg years) She was amazing and inspiring. And wasn’t I surprised to find out that she was Elenna Tyrell on Game of Thrones!

1. Sesame Street- it was my favorite as a preschooler and I still love my favorite muppets and skits in adulthood. Ernie rules!!!

2. Friends- It debuted during my senior year of college and really resonated with me. I still quote lines from the show even though most people can’t place the lines.

3. Toss up between MASH and The Golden Girls- they were my maternal grandmother’s favorite. I heard stories about Klinger and Dorothy like they were parts of our family.

(Sun, 4/7) - 3 television shows you are (or have been at a specific time) grateful for

So many good shows listed already!

1. When I was a kid we lived out in the country. Every Wednesday night my mom had choir practice, so we spent the evening at my grandparents. We always watched Eight is Enough that night, and I just loved it!

2. I'll also have to go with Gilmore Girls. It brought up so many memories of raising girls - it was fun talking about it with my grown daughters. I don't know when it first aired, but I watched it on Netflix (of some streaming service), so they were out of the house by then.

3. For my third, I'll go with Golden Girls - when DH and I were first married, reruns were showing about the time we went to bed each night. We'd watch it every night before bed. Such a good way to end the day - laughing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter