Three Things...Gratitude Thread

Clothing

I have a couple of jackets that have hoods that are actually big enough to stay put in the rain. I always appreciate a cosy hood where I can shelter when it's windy and raining!!

Soft marl tees. I think they're easier to find your side of the Atlantic, so I'm always very happy if I find one over here.

Jeans. So many options for them these days - colours, styles, fits. Dress them up, slouch around in them.

Hi guys! Sorry to be MIA for a while, life stuff and also a weird ad pop up situation whenever I tried to log in. That seems to be gone now, so I am back.
Clothing
Love all my tshirts and long-sleeved tshirts. I live in them, especially being retired. Mostly Disney, but also my NY hockey team.

My sweatpants and jeans: inside comfy clothes, outside acceptable clothes. :)

My compression socks and arch support socks: they may not be pretty, but they help so much.

Honorable Mention for summer and Disney trips: my cotton capris with pockets. So comfy and I love pockets!

Good Morning and Happy Saturday :wave:

#1 - Going to Mass - I love going to Mass on the weekend. I always look forward to it.

#2 - Seeing DD20 - Many weekends in the Spring we get to see her when we go watch her games. We’ll be headed to her school tomorrow.

#3 - Catching up on house chores - I like to get as many chores done around the house on weekends so I can relax on weeknights after dinner.

#4 (bonus) - Pool time during the summer - I can hardly wait for this.

God willing one day attending church in person. Right now, blessing also of listening to online worship.

Dad usually thanks to God gets a little more rest than during the week.

God's extra grace of Sunday deeper prayer in an extra way, rest, and worship in and of and to Him. Being stiller often in general.

This year dad's birthday was on a Sunday. My birthday upcoming in May is also on a Sunday. Mercy of and Grace from God, God willing, we will be able to celebrate my birthday together as ee did dad's in February

Sleeping in - but I’m so used to getting up early I don’t sleep in much so I’ll go with staying up late !!! Still end up getting up early so I’ll go with taking a nap !!!!

Projects - having time to do a project - big or small - you have a good day and half to work on it !!!

Cleaning / Grocery shopping - or just shopping !! Time you can clean out a closet or do a deep clean room by room / try and sweep up that dang glitter from those adorable decorations you just packed away until fall ( fyi that glitter will still be there waiting for those deco to come back out - always a few pieces that never leave 🤣) or go shopping at Target for one thing and leave 2 hrs later with more than one thing 🤣🤣🤣

Work in your yard - plant flowers / try to do something with the grass or try and grow more grass for those pesky deer abd my little rabbit friends 👍

Watch horse racing all day Saturday and my favorite British comedies Saturday night watch movies on Sunday !!! Take my Sunday afternoon nap with my puppy dog ( he’s not a puppy but acts like one )

Best One - Not working !!! Most grateful if I don’t have to work !! But usually do a little every weekend !

Weekends
Love the weekends when my DGD sleeps over or spends the day with us.

On the weekends when she’s with her Dad, love the time I have to do stuff I don’t get to during the week.

Love the emptiness on the pages in my desk calendar. Feels like there are more choices. :)

1. A break from work- Outside from some special projects, the weekend is usually a work break.

2. Early morning peace- While my body no longer allows me to sleep in, if we have a free weekend day, I’m always the first one up. The early bird gets the house to herself.

3. Another vote for the old Saturday morning cartoon lineup. The cartoons were great, but Schoolhouse Rock and PSAs like Hanker for a Hunk o’ Cheese really stole the show. Conjunction Junction ❤️

Funny you mentioned schoolhouse rock we were just talking about it at work the other day to a person in their early 40s I believe and she never heard of it and she thought it was corny and stupid and I’m like that stuff is amazing we learn stuff with that when we were a kid and we all loved it!! 😊

April

It started out rough. My mom's birthday is April 1st and it was particularly hard this year, even though she passed away 4.5 years ago.

April is my birthday month too.

April is also my birth mother's birth month. She has dementia now and doesn't remember me, but I am glad I found her before her dementia set in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter