Three Things...Gratitude Thread

Going into the office- I loathe the drive, but I love seeing all of the people. Things are so social when we’re in the office that we’ve been able to confirm that we’re more productive at home.

Bleacher time with our travel ball family- We’ve been on several travel teams and have been fortunate to have two that were like family. It’s so much fun being together during games, cheering on our kids and sharing the frustrations over any ridiculousness.

Christmas Campout- While we haven’t been able to attend in recent years due to kid activities, it’s the best social gathering we’ve got with friends and family. Minus a wedding year (most of the same people just in formal attire) and 2020/covid…a bunch of our close family friends and family gather on our friends’ wooded acreage for a holiday camp out over the first weekend in December. Friday night, everyone sets up their tents and comes together around the campfire to catch up, have some drinks, and listen to several of the guys play guitar. Saturday starts with everyone making breakfast in the woods, stringing cranberry and popcorn garlands to decorate “the tree,” horseshoes, fishing in the pond, nature walks, the gathering of firewood, a football game, dinner in the woods, a giant sing a long around the now massive campfire, skits by age group, and then drinking and socializing all night around the fire. Sunday starts with breakfast, campsite clean up, the kids’ surprise (a piñata), and then we seek out the tree. The tree, for the last 15 or so years, was planted for a friend that passed from cancer. We decorate the tree with the garlands we made, we form a circle, join hands, and sing all of the various verses of We Wish You a Merry Christmas. After that, we go around hugging and saying our goodbyes. This tradition has been going on since the 1970s and Saturday night sing a long can bring in as many as 80 people.

(Thur, 3/28) - 3 music-related things you're grateful for
1. Praise and Worship music and Hymns
2. Harmony. I love singing the alto part to the point that I almost can't sing melody on some hymns/songs. Ha!
3. Musicals

(Fri, 3/29) - 3 round things you're grateful for
1. The world
2. All the other objects in the sky
3. Cookies

(Sat, 3/30) - 3 social things you're grateful for
1. Church
2. Awana (also church, kind of)
3. Family events

IMG_0830.jpeg
Today's Topic (Sun, 3/31) - 3 things you're grateful for inspired by Easter

Please note - answers do not have to be religious, or exclusive to the holiday! This is an all-inclusive thread, and candy and bunnies count!! 🍭🍫🐰🐇

Jesus! God's Miracle through my faith of my Risen Savior.

Privilige it is to me of being able I pray to praise, witness, and serve God, especially today.

Grace to me by God of my life right here and now. Let me always be sent for Him.

I also thank God today eggstra for each of you. Easter joy to all.

IMG_1631.png

HE is Risen - Alleluia!

#1 - Renewal of our Baptismal Vows at Mass today - I love this moment of Easter Mass. The priest walks around sprinkling everyone with Holy Water - very powerful and very emotional for me.

#2 - Easter Baskets - I still love making one for DD20. She got hers last weekend since we won’t see her today. She gave up Cosmic Brownies for Lent, so I made sure I put a few boxes in there for her.

#3 - Hershey’s Candy Coated Eggs - It’s my favorite Easter candy that my DH buys for me every year. I’m almost done with my second bag.

#4 (bonus) - Music in the car - I give up music in the car every year for Lent. The only thing I will listen to is The Catholic Channel. If there’s nothing I want to listen on that, then I have silence. I look forward to getting in my car after Mass and playing some music. This sacrifice is a good sacrifice, which is why I continue to do it every year. The silence is sometimes difficult because you have nothing to escape your thoughts, but then at times the silence is pretty darn nice too.

#5 (another bonus) - Lectoring with a friend - I’m Lectoring/reading at the 9:30am Mass today. I read the first reading and a church friend reads the second reading. We rarely read together since we read at different Masses. I’m looking forward to processing in and out of Mass with him today. Last weekend he told me were the dynamic duo when we read together. This is a nice bonus to the Easter Mass today,

I'm grateful for memories of egg hunts past - at my aunt's house when I was a kid, at my parents' house when my youngest cousins were little, and here when DS was younger.

I'm grateful for the fun of making Easter baskets. My mom made me one as long as I lived at home (or any time we happened to be visiting on Easter) and I still make one for DS...and the kitties too!

I'm grateful that MIL is hosting Easter dinner. I'd much rather be told "please bring xyz" and just show up than have to do all the planning myself. 😉

Bonus - Reeses peanut butter eggs!!!

I used to do an Easter basket scavenger hunts because we had a thieving cat and I couldn’t leave the baskets out for DDs so I came up with the idea that the Easter Bunny left a scavenger hunt for them to find their baskets !!! Great spot I had once was the dryer !! 🤣🤣
Easter Egg hunts in house - remember thieving cat 🐈‍⬛?? Well he loved the Easter eggs ! So the eggs were never where I put them because of the silly cat!!! 🐈‍⬛ I had two very tiny eggs very tiny and I will put cash in those eggs one for each DD or I should say for the cat 🐈‍⬛🤣🤣🤣
I love candy especially chocolate candy !! Like way too much love candy - Easter to me is the END of the candy season that starts with Halloween 🎃 and it’s also the end of the glitter decoration season that starts with Halloween 🎃 time to put your house back to normal deco until fall ( and 4th July ) but no major holiday decorating until Halloween 🎃!!! It takes that long to get all that dang glitter cleaned up so you can start all over again ! Currently I have one tiny piece embedded in my floors that will not come up so I believe it’s now permanent part of my flooring 🤣🤣

Happy Easter !!!!

my dieting starts next week !! I have some marble brownies to polish off this week !! After that no more ! Thank God the Reese’s Big thick choc trees / pumpkins / eggs won’t be out until fall !!! Love those things !!!!!

1. Cadbury eggs…both the filled and crunchy coated variety.

2. My paternal grandmother’s homemade Easter candies. She made smaller pieces, but everyone got a big personalized egg. We’d be served slices of it over the course of a couple of weeks.

3. The smell of hyacinths. They were the scent of Easter while growing up.

Hyacinths and easter lilies- The fragrance brings me back to childhood.

Lamb and asparagus- Usually lamb was on the easter dinner menu and if we were celebrating at her house, my grandmother always had a ham, too.

New clothes- We always had fancy new dresses, a new spring coat and hat/easter bonnet, along with gloves, new purse, new dress shoes, and ankle socks- white lace trim on the gloves and socks.

BONUS: Ham bone, so we could make pea soup!

1. Fantastic Easter party yesterday with neighbors in our new neighborhood.
2. So THANKFUL for cell phones and no long distance extra charges. It helps me stay in touch with close friends who don't live close by.
3. My good friend who is local who is always up for a coffee or dinner.

Thank you, dear Slo, and your friend for your extra witness this Holy day. I love that your priest does that! Your church's practice reminds me of a late pastor often reminding us as a congregation to remember our (individual) Baptisms.

Hugs Newski_mom. I'm so glad Easter Sunrise worship touches you also so deeply. That service is always most dear to me. Quiet, reverent music, as Jesus My Risen King rises a new within me and hearts around me is such a blessing. One day God willing, I would love to attend such a service with you and others who would enjoy in this thread.

Happy April Fool’s Day :joker:

#1 - It’s my mom’s birthday month - I’m looking forward to celebrating with her.

#2 - Nature looks more alive - one thing I don’t like about winter is how everything looks dead.

#3 - Less freezing cold days - we can be outside more and not freeze at DD20’s games and start cleaning up the yard from winter.

Historically winter is OVER - yes upon rare occasions we have had April ❄️ but not usually

More sunlight - longer sunlight days !! Enjoy those nice evening before it’s so humid you can’t stand to be outside - downside the dang bugs are out and about

Trees are starting to bud and leaves are coming out - things don’t look dead anymore !! Flowers are popping up everywhere!!!

The deer can now start feasting on the weeds in my yard along with the rabbits 🐇🦌 enjoy !!!

Good Morning and Happy April Friends :grouphug:

God's grace to me and my dad of this fresh new day. 🙏I serve Him well in it.

Birthdays of two family members that dad and I are close with along with several friends.

New month, God willing closer to full return to health for both dad and I.

April will always also be bittersweet because 32 years ago on April 15th my grandpa died without warning. I have shared that as an adult I have realized grandpa was my first witness to Christ in how he lived. What a grace from God to have him and grandma in my life. Reminder extra to please tell someone you love that you do now. Today. Don't wait!

(Mon, 4/1) - 3 things you're grateful for about April

1. DD2's birthday is this month. It's the 25th. In the Miss Congeniality movie, she was asked about the perfect date and she answered April 25th. DD now says she was born on the perfect date!

2. The spring weather! The grass is greening, trees are blooming and it's just beautiful outside!

3. Baseball is back in full swing! I love watching baseball and cheering for my team!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter