Three Things...Gratitude Thread

Good Morning!

#1 - Alarm Clocks - I use it for waking up, and I set an alarm on my phone to remind me to do something.

#2 - Ankles - I have an ankle issue for life, which makes me realize all the time how important healthy ankles are.

#3 - Air - Fresh air specifically. I’m having a lot of that here in Florida. The air in NW Indiana is never all that great with all the industry close to me.

Asparagus. It's always been a favorite veggie, and when we were kids we'd giggle about the "next morning" after-effects!

Art. I've always been a "science" girl, facts and figures. My sister was the art major in the family. However, about 15 years ago, I discovered I really appreciate art, and love going to art museums. Who knew?

Apes. I am fascinated by apes and how closely we are related, how similar we are to them. About 25 years ago we went to see Jane Goodall speak and it was so interesting and inspiring.

(Wed, 3/13) - 3 things you're grateful for beginning with the letter A

1. Apples - I have one every day for lunch! I like trying different varieties
2. Airplanes - Love flying places for vacations!
3. Authentic - I'm grateful for authentic people. As I've gotten older, I especially appreciate it!

Awake/Awakened - I know it's due to everything going on in life right now, but the stress dreams I'm having are getting intense. This most recent one would be a real doozy if we ever started up a dream analysis thread. In any event, lately, I've been pretty happy to be awakened by my alarm...or just the sheer stress of my dreams.

Animals - From our domesticated pets and the ones in zoos (especially the threatened species being kept going by the vets and scientists in the mix) to the ones in the wild...animals are amazing. Not that they're always cooperative, but wildlife photography is one of my favorite hobbies. DD17 even picked the zoo as a more unique spot to do her senior pics.

Automobiles - While planes are necessary for some travel, I prefer a road trip. I can't help but think about all of the little random sights we've seen simply because we love to get into the car and drive. Of course, there's also the function of getting around locally.

Honorable mentions to: Art (I have some unfinished business in Florence), Apples (tied to all kinds of special holiday memories with family), Airplanes (I know- I just noted the auto above it), Ama Dablam (it's in Nepal- it's tied to work), Austria and the Alps (favorite part of Europe), Alaska (the vacation I dream of - always good to have those dream trips), and aquariums (I put it separate from animals since it's just a soothing visual and auditory thing).

The Arts: music, art, drama, literature, all of them! I can’t imagine life without them and I hope they will always be valued in education.
Animal Kingdom: I love spending time there and it has made return trips so enjoyable! My favorite thing to do there is to wander the paths and enjoy the animals.
Apps: I am currently watching my DGD at preschool on an app :) I love checking the menus and wait times on MDE and looking at my countdown on the resorts page.

AAAAA

April ....One of my favorite people was born in April. Plus, there's that feeling of spring & summer stretching before you. 🌤️🌻

Alba Botanica ...Simple, really, I especially like their shampoos!! 👱‍♀️🚿

Back in a bit with a third...

Agility and Athleticism 🏃‍♀️🤸‍♀️

Animals and Animal Kingdom! 🐑🐘

Last edited:
Ooh, seconding almonds! I love just eating them, but I'm also grateful for almond flour, which makes cooking for my diabetic DH a lot easier.

And art as well - I'm that mom/aunt/babysitter who loves to do arts and crafts projects with kids. When DD was little, we were the house the neighbors all came to.

Animal Kingdom Lodge - one of my favorite places we've stayed at Disney. 🦒🦒

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter