Three Things...Gratitude Thread

1) Bull Durham

2) Field of Dreams

3) The Sandlot

Honorable Mentions - The Natural, The Bad News Bears, For Love of the Game
I almost did baseball movies! Love them all. I read The Natural after seeing the movie thinking that I would also love it. Nope! The book is dark and depressing. One of the few examples of books that I have liked LESS than their movies!
Kevin Costner talking to his dad makes me cry every time.

That seems to obvious- we need to dig deeper I bet - but I could be wrong - some little detail we are missing maybe ?? 🤔🤔🤔🤔 I looked it up it’s not Oscar wins or nomination totals - not best actor as Clark Gable didn’t win for GWTW ….. what are we missing ? I’m at a loss as I’ve not seen Glory or Lincoln - anyone?? It just seems to easy that it’s the Civil War - that seems like a given - not being mean I’m just saying it’s like one of those riddles 🤔🤔🤔

I know! I kept thinking it could be deeper, but all I could see in my mind was Carol Burnett spoofing Gone With the Wind while wearing those crazy drapes. 😂

Well one I know it’s NOT bugs I don’t care how useful they are !!! The birds are welcome to them !!! I’d be grateful to never see or deal with another one again !! Not afraid of them oh I’ll kill them mo problem I just get tired of dealing with them

Great Outdoors -
All the beautiful wildlife including my adopted friends those yard destroying pesky deer 🦌🦌🦌🦌🙄🙄❤️ - and that lovely rabbit 🐇 who enjoys teasing my dog because he knows my dog can’t catch him as I’m walking him and won’t allow it so he sits just out of reach driving my dog nuts !!! ❤️🤣❤️🤣❤️🤣🤣🤣 - daily fun with the deer 🦌 & rabbits 🐇 in my yard !! Thankfully we have NOT seen the skunk 🦨 or coyotes ( not lately ) or the bobcat !! Hopefully we don’t !!!!

Birds - I’m not including them in the above - I love all the different birds ! I enjoy spotting Robins knowing Spring is coming and especially spotting my beloved Humming birds as I know it’s gonna now be warm !! I so hate seeing them leave in the fall makes me sad !!

Outdoor deco - be it for a holiday or flowers for spring & summer or your fall mums I love outside deco - bringing out your summer furniture and planting your flowers 🌺 or decking out your house for Halloween 🎃 or Christmas 🎄

I always like the warmer weather - not sure if y’all know this but I don’t care for cold and snow ❄️ - warm weather brings people outside like bears coming out from hibernation - it’s nice to be outside again !!! Always grateful to have my yard for myself even thou those pesky deer 🦌🦌🦌 think it’s their yard !!! Some of them are learning to share but I don’t trust them 🤣🤣

I’m in a love/hate relationship with the outdoors right now. We don’t get much winter here. We’re just past peak of oak pollen season and everything is neon yellowish green right now. It means a daily sinus headache. While they’re harmless, the yearly onslaught of crane flies is exceptionally bad this year. I can’t complain too much because minus a few random 90 degree days, this time of year usually is pretty mild.

1. Wildflowers- We’re getting into Texas wildflower season. Whether it’s fields dominated by bluebonnets or the countless highways flanked by a tapestry of wildflower colors, it’s a beautiful time to be out and about in Texas.

2. National Parks- With the exceptions of Mesa Verde and Hot Springs, the national parks are all about natural outdoor wonders. Ok, caves aren’t really indoors or outdoors, but I’ll focus on the true outdoors. Whether I’m at the peak of Trail Ridge Road in RMNP and feeling on top of the world or I’m down in Lamar Valley in the middle of bison herds at Yellowstone…it’s the great outdoors at its finest.

3. In the water- I’ve always been fascinated by the aquatic outdoors. I guess, like caves, it’s hard to completely classify it as outdoors since what I’m interested in observing is underwater. Still, it’s nature.

* I thought about outdoor sports, since we’re outside a lot for DD15. Still, I feel like 80% of it is either cold and windy, blistering hot, or in the rain. I’m also still really bitter because she’s currently injured and it’s a situation that makes me really angry. So no outside sports for us for at least a few more weeks. 😞

Outdoor things...

Christmas lights. I like my multi-colored icicle lights. We keep them up all year. Nothing like the warm, friendly glow of colorful lights welcoming me home.

My garden. I'm not much of a gardener, so we are talking mostly bulbs and perennials, with the occasional annual thrown in if it is getting too boring. They aren't amazing, luxurious gardens, but they are colorful and pretty.

The rolly-polly little guy who lives out under our shed. He waddles around the yard all summer, taking care of the dandilions for us. I think it's a woodchuck- or a ground hog, not sure what the difference really is.

Outdoor things...

Christmas lights. I like my multi-colored icicle lights. We keep them up all year. Nothing like the warm, friendly glow of colorful lights welcoming me home.
I’m glad to know someone else who keeps up their Christmas lights! We will keep lighting ours until our HOA tells us not to. :) It started during the pandemic. A bunch of us just never took them down after the required date (Jan.15), as a kind of symbol of hope and fellowship.

Allergies aside
1. Flowering trees in the spring. I just get so happy seeing them everywhere.
2. I am not a gardener. Never have been, even before back problems. But I am a great appreciator of other peoples’ gardening! I love walking through the neighborhood and seeing what others have planted.
3. Playgrounds; we have so many in our area and it is a wonderful activity to do with our DGD.

Playgrounds; we have so many in our area and it is a wonderful activity to do with our DGD.
Oooh, that's a good one! It reminds me of a really fun summer when DS was little. We made it a point to visit all the playgrounds in the area we could - even took a picture at each one and made a poster.

Talking about that reminds me of photography - a favorite outdoor pastime of mine. I love taking cool nature photos!

And for my third outdoor thing I'm grateful for - lakes! I grew up in the Finger Lakes region, and being by any lake now makes me feel so peaceful.

Oh, no! I hope she heals quickly and feels much better soon. xx

Thank you! She’s showing significant improvement which hopefully means no long term damage. She may even be cleared to return to play on the earlier side of her recovery window. I’m just still so angry. None of this ever should have happened. Oh well…have to move forward.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter