Three Things...Gratitude Thread

(Fri, 3/8) - 3 things you're grateful for beginning with the letter E

1. My maiden name begins with E - so very grateful for that!
2. Mark of Excellence - a trip DH is eligible for that he's earned many years!
3. Energy - grateful for the energy to get things done. Most days I feel like I need more of it, but grateful for what I have!

I was just talking with DS18 tonight about the Atari I had way back when. I wish I still had it

Several years ago, I bought my parents the Atari Flashback game console. It came with 76 classic games and wireless versions of the classic joysticks. Some of the novelty has worn off, but it was pretty funny to see my mom glued to the tv again and playing her favorite video games.

My Paternal Grandmother - Her name began with E.

DH's Maternal Grandmother - Her name also began with E (although, she went by a B nickname). She was 104 when she passed, which meant everyone's kids really got to know their great grandmother.

Eggs - They are a high protein, nutrient dense food, that also has a multitude of uses and applications. It just occurred to me that I was considering making blondies or a cake, but didn't put out any eggs to bring them up to room temp. It also occurred to me that egg salad, deviled eggs, or even just some hard boiled eggs would hit the spot right now. Breakfast tacos are also sounding pretty good at the moment. I'd have to run to the store for some fresh tortillas and oaxaca cheese, but huevos con chorizo is sounding pretty good right now. The egg noodles with the stroganoff I made the other night also are coming to mind. OK...OK...while not actual eggs...tis the season for Cadbury Eggs! 😆

Escalante National Monument
Excellence
Everyone on this thread

DH is still traumatized by our drive through that national monument. I opted to take hwy 12 from Capitol Reef NP to Bryce Canyon NP so we could see a little bit of the territory in the national monument. While it was gorgeous, DH was in the passenger seat and wasn't a fan of the sheer drops along the road. To add some extra fear to the experience, some storms started to move in about halfway through our drive and we were suddenly under a flash flood emergency. Thankfully, we made it out without issue, but it's scary when rushing muddy waters start filling up the areas along the road and you see muddy waterfalls forming all along the rocks.

How frightening 😳

I guess it's one of the issues with travel to these remote areas. A little bit of rain can easily become a scary situation. I'm just thankful my phone broadcast the emergency alert. You never know what you're going to get in these areas with little to no signal. Still, it's such a pretty area and thankful we got to see it...

IMG_1544.jpeg

By the time we got here, I kept telling myself that we're clearly driving into higher ground and will surely be safer.

IMG_1545.jpeg

EEEEE

Energy. My own and the kind that 'keeps the wheels turning' (so-to-speak) and fuels the world. 💡

Evenings at Epcot. On these boards, I probably don't have to explain that! :D

Evergreen trees. I mean, I like the deciduous kinds, too, but it is nice to have some green through the winter. Plus, I do love yews and pines. 🌲

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter