Three Things...Gratitude Thread

Loss - I don't think any of us enjoys loss, so it seems an odd place for gratitude. However, without loss, I don't know if we'd truly appreciate all of the good in our lives. Loss gives us perspective. Loss makes us more empathetic and sympathetic. Loss makes victory feel that much sweeter. Loss is a teacher to help us learn to be better.

Louisiana - I have different areas of my life where I can feel stir crazy or claustrophobic. One of those areas is a feeling like I'm geographically/locationally stuck. This is a really high level description of the feeling and what can trigger a response, but for whatever reason, it gives me peace of mind knowing I can make it out of TX to the LA border in less than 2 hours.

Leavening - Our stores are full of Easter goodies right now. Easter always makes me think of Passover, since there are many years where Passover overlaps with Easter weekend and one of the most iconic pieces of TV programming around this time (The Ten Commandments) is a Hollywood take on the Passover Haggadah. This is not one of those years. In fact, Easter is pretty early and Passover is late (4/22-4/30). Nonetheless, Easter goodies always remind me of all of the years growing up where there was overlap and we couldn't eat much at my paternal Grandparents' Easter dinner. School lunchtime was also pretty miserable. You don't really appreciate leavening agents until you're stuck with matzo-based products for over a week.

LLLLL

Laughing
. Especially a good belly laugh. And even better if laughing with someone else. One of the (many) lovely things about teaching younger children is their readiness to laugh at almost anything. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

My teen home. It had a name beginning with L. It was a lovely house for me as a teenager. And it had that magic balance of quiet, rural location, but walking distance to everything.

Light. Especially, sunlight. Though, also, practical, ambient and celebratory electric light. I have a couple of stained glass wine goblets that sit on a windowsill and reflect rainbows into the room. Oh, and the Electric Light Parade. Bring it back to MK!

Love - the love for my family, the Oregon beaches, golfing, and the little things in life that bring a smile to my face

Liberty - the freedom we have in the USA compared to other countries. To have a say in what I believe.

Lexus - deciding it was time to stop being so practical now that the kids are adults. Vroom! :car:

Good Wednesday Morning :wave:

#1 - My DD20’s past travel program - the colors are black and white and we wore that for 7 years. They are still my softball family, so even though Katie plays in college now, I still where the travel program spirit wear to support them.

#2 - My black & white gym shoes - I love them - so comfortable

#3 - Oreos - I make a pretty darn good Oreo fluff with them. This reminds me that I should make this for DD20 in a couple weekends when we go watch her play. I try to make this for her and her roommates at least once a semester.

Good morning dear friends. So many great answers from yesterday. I am so grateful to God for each of lovely you in this thread! :) Leebee:hug:always. Slo, Oreo fluff sounds yummy. Pre pandemic when I enjoyed more sugary, richer treats, I would have been first to taste that delightful sounding creation. How sweet of you to make it for your daughter and her friend.

Black and white keyboard keys that help us all stay close and in touch.

Dad enjoys playing the piano. Also worship music at church is often played on a piano or organ.

Black and white pages of books especially the Holy Bible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter