Three Things...Gratitude Thread

Most of my day trips are from the past. We usually stay overnight whenever we travel now.
When we first moved to NoVA, we took our daughter to Luray Caverns, into DC to the zoo, and the Smithsonians.
As a kid, we went into NYC a lot. NY Phil dress rehearsals, museums, and on Sundays, (when everything used to be closed!), looking at the windows during Christmas time, especially FAO Schwarz.
I don’t know if they count as day trips, but these days our excursions are to playgrounds and a summer concert or two at Wolf Trap.

What’s funny…I grew up in the NY metro part of NJ. Everyone expects me to say yous guys, but I don’t and I’ve never heard it outside of tv and movies. Not to say it doesn’t happen, but not in my circles. I do, however, say daw-ter, dawg, cawfee, etc. 😁
I grew up in Queens and LI and never heard anyone say youse guys! I don’t think my mom would have allowed it anyhow. She was a stickler for good grammar!

I grew up in Queens and LI and never heard anyone say youse guys! I don’t think my mom would have allowed it anyhow. She was a stickler for good grammar!

Good point! I may have had a strong accent, but my parents and maternal grandparents would never have tolerated that kind of thing. It reminds me of DD17s recent breakup and how she couldn’t date a guy that said “Valentime’s Day.”

Happy Tuesday Morning Friends! :wave:

#1 - Nutrigrain Bars - I eat one before I go to the gym. In fact…I started to type this and had that 😳 moment because I forgot to eat one this morning. Thank goodness for this topic or I would have gone to the gym very hungry this morning. So now, I’m quickly eating an apple one.

#2 - Bananas - This is a safe fruit for me to eat as long as I’m in remission (which is now - thanks be to God). My UC doesn’t allow me to eat most fruits, which is a bummer, but I’ve adapted.

#3 - Apple Sauce - I can eat this in small amounts, but not a whole apple. I eat a no added sugar cup almost every day with my lunch. The individual cup is my max amount.

Slo:hug:Do you have a Sprouts out there? Sprouts Brand Original Applesauce has become a daily staple for me. Before discovering it, I never enjoyed applesauce. Honestly, I thought from choldhood memories long ago it tasted terrible and nothing like sweet apples. TMJ makes enjoying even thinly sliced apples a bit of a challenge though every now and then I do enjoy a fresh Fuji apple. Back to my favorite applesauce. I promise you that it tastes like sweet apples. Best of all there is no addef sugar. Come join me for some anytime, my friend. All of you are most welcome.

Dad enjoys all sorts of berries.

Strawberries, fresh pears, and bananas can be tasty too

Last edited:
Apple pie
Mincemeat ❤️❤️ - I prefer homemade with deer meat in it but I will eat store-bought
Fruit Drinks - slushy ones - with or without alcohol
Wine 🍷
Pineapple 🍍
Grapes 🍇
Bananas 🍌

DH and the kids think I’m the only person that loves mincemeat. You are proof that I’m not alone! I usually settle for store bought, but my paternal grandmother made it from scratch. Delicious!

DH and the kids think I’m the only person that loves mincemeat. You are proof that I’m not alone! I usually settle for store bought, but my paternal grandmother made it from scratch. Delicious!
I’ve made it from scratch it’s really not that difficult but I’ll only do it if I have deer meat because that’s how I was taught to do it - you do have to process it like canning vegetables once you have it all made up - it’s an all day event - most people hate it because I don’t think they know what it is so they’re you know afraid of it I may be making assumptions but when I asked they’ve never tasted it
it has been since I was a kid one of my most favorite pies I will literally eat the stuff right out of the jar homemade or not I absolutely love it!! 😍

Lemon- Lemon bars and lemon filled donuts are some of my favorite treats.

Huckleberry- It’s the flavor that makes me think of the mountains. Huckleberry ice cream, shakes and cordials are my favorites.

Passion fruit- I glove it in everything from drinks and mousse fillings to eating the pulp and mixing in the seeds for some crunch. Chobani used to make a yogurt that had this (fruit & seeds) as the fruit on the bottom.

Honorable mentions to honeydew, blackberries, pears, pineapple, almost overripe plums, and wild blueberries.

Fruity Things

I think I may have mentioned, before, that I'm a peach fan! Still am! They're really hard to find here (in any kind of fresh, ripe state), so I particularly appreciate any ripe peach I can find. 🍑 I love the aroma, too.

Frozen bananas. I remember, as a kid, my mum used to freeze them and dip them in chocolate. ...Heavenly days - grabbing one from the freezer and heading out on my bike. 🚲

Lemons. We just had Pancake Day/Shrove Tuesday and a thin pancake with a generous squeeze of fresh lemon juice and a sprinkling of sugar is delicious! 🍋 🥞

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter