Three Things...Gratitude Thread

It doesn't seem right to 'like' your post, but I don't want to ignore it, either. I'm sorry you're going through something so difficult and upsetting. I hope it turns out better than you are currently thinking. Gratitude group hug. :grouphug:
I couldn’t have said this better. This is perfect. It is hard to feel grateful when going through hard times, but somehow it seems more important then. I know how hard it is to do and we all are on your side Tigger trigger!

Acts of kindness…

Honestly, I’m too emotionally distraught right now to think in specifics. We’ve got a really serious issue that’s come up that has the makings of being a long term nightmare. So when it comes to acts of kindness, I’m grateful for the shoulders I’ve been able to cry on, the ears I’ve been able to vent to, and the various people and groups that have taken the time to publish information online…not out of obligation, but to just help empower regular people faced with big ugly situations.

Batteries…

Car, Phone, LED lantern
Sending positive thoughts!

Batteries...

My laptop. No cell phone here, so my laptop is how I stay in touch.

"BattleBugs" The resident 7yo will play with those things for HOURS. Keeps him in one place and busy while I am trying to work, or get dinner ready.

TV remote. Remember when you had to get up to change the channel?

Acts of kindness…

Honestly, I’m too emotionally distraught right now to think in specifics. We’ve got a really serious issue that’s come up that has the makings of being a long term nightmare. So when it comes to acts of kindness, I’m grateful for the shoulders I’ve been able to cry on, the ears I’ve been able to vent to, and the various people and groups that have taken the time to publish information online…not out of obligation, but to just help empower regular people faced with big ugly situations.

Batteries…

Car, Phone, LED lantern
I’m sorry to hear you are going through a difficult time.
Sending many hugs your way :hug: :hug:

Good Monday Morning! :wave:

#1 - Currently, our day trips to DD20’s college games - She’s about 3 hours away, so going there to watch her games is definitely a day trip. We’ll be going this weekend.

#2 - Past, our day trips for DD20’s softball tournaments when she was in travel ball - way to many things to mention. All I can say is I have some of the best memories of these days. So many laughs.

#3 - Past, when DH and I were teenagers and we’d take a day trip to Indianapolis - my parents didn’t do day trips, so for me to drive somewhere far, spend the day there and drive back was so cool and excitng. Great memories.

Trips...
ETA... I missed the DAY part of today's topic. Oh well, I'm leaving this here anyhow, as they are all such wonderful memories!

All our many (more than 30- I've stopped counting) trips to Disney. I've been alone a couple of times, but DD is usually my Disney buddy. DH has accompanied us about 6 times, and he and I have done non-park trips to Disney. I/we have also traveled with my sister/her ex-/their two girls, and my other sister/BIL have met us at Disney, as well as my BFF and her daughters. My thoughts and heart are full of the wonderful memories of these trips!

I went to Paris with 19 of my favorite teenagers. The director of DD's ballet company has a daughter who lives in Vendome, France. When DD was 15, her company and the daughter's did a collaborative production of an original version of Little Mermaid. It was amazing, and I so dearly love that production. We (the dancers and 9 adults) flew to Paris and then on to Vendome, where the kids stayed with host families while they put on Mermaid. After this, we took the dancers to Paris for 4 nights before flying back home. IT WAS AWESOME, and one of the best things I have ever done.

When my sister was in college, she did her junior year in Salzburg. I was lucky enough to go visit her for 2 weeks over the Christmas break. We were all over Salzburg, and also went to Florence, Venice, and Rome. It was an incredible vacation!

Last edited:
Trips

Disneyland day trips past and God willing in mid May to come for a few nights.

Field trips with preschoolers when I directed and taught years ago. To me, it is so important that young children grow up having a community connection. God willing to know if even in memory someone positive they met out and about thanks to God.

God willing I will truly never take any trip for granted again even to get the mail when I'm fully mobile again. Each moment, any step either physically or faithfully to me is a blessing.

Dad and I God willing have some other fun day trips in mind to come.

Catching up from being gone over the weekend -

Sat - Random Acts of Kindness

1. I had to run into the grocery store one morning before work to pick something up for one of the kids to take to school. There was only one line open and the lady in front of me was checking out with an entire cart full of groceries. She told the cashier to just ring my one item so that I could go on. I tried to pay her for it, but she insisted that I could not do that. It was so very nice of her to save me the time (and money)!

2. My mom rides on a scooter when she goes on cruises with us. Way more often than not, people are so helpful to her by holding doors and letting her on elevators. So very kind because I know everyone is in a hurry to get where they are going.

3. I'm so grateful for kind drivers that let you merge easily when they see your blinker and know you want to change lanes

Sun - Things that run on batteries

1. Remote controls - DH still calls them wireless remotes because we remember when remotes had wires to your TV lol

2. Phones - so grateful that we have them and they will do so much for us!

3. I love decorations that run on batteries and have timers, so you can set them to be on when you're home or maybe in the evening when it gets dark. They can add such a nice touch to your living area!

(Mon, 2/19) - 3 Day Trips You're Grateful For

We live about 45 minutes from St Louis, so we are grateful for all of the fun things that are close to us to do

1. Grateful for the gateway arch. I see it often, but still have to announce it when we get close enough that I can see - I can see the arch! I think it is so beautiful!

2. Six Flags - I love taking the kids to six flags a couple of times a year when they were younger. They have very reasonably prices season tickets, so we would get them each year for an Easter gift for the kids. As they got older, they got even more use out of them because they would go with friends sometimes and would usually go to Freight Fest at least once per season.

3. Magic House - I loved taking the kids there when they were little - such a fun and unique place!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter