Three Things...Gratitude Thread

Today's Topic (Sat, 2/17) - 3 acts of kindness you are or have been grateful to receive

I’m a certain age and limited mobility, and I have often been blessed by others by random acts of kindness. While using a walker, I have had people stop me so they could bend down and tie my shoe that I hadn’t noticed. This has even happened to me at WDW, when I used a cane.

I was younger and my DGS, Jack, was very solicitous when walking with me. I never asked him, but one year we ALL did the Disney 5 K. He stayed walking with me and DH for most of the route.

I have read about so many acts of kindness here on the Disboards. The encouragement and care found here is truly inspirational!

Today's Topic (Sat, 2/17) - 3 acts of kindness you are or have been grateful to receive

When DH switches the laundry to the dryer before I even realize it's done washing

When people hold the door because you're carrying a lot of stuff

Scholarships when I was in school

Last edited:
3 Random Acts of Kindness
1. Just the other day, I was visiting my mom at her nursing facility and was in the public restroom stall. When I came out, the water was running in one of the sinks and a woman told me that she had turned on the hot water for me because it was taking a long time to get hot! very thoughtful
2. For years on our WDW trips, we have always volunteered to take family photos for people so that they are together in the picture. Giving random acts of kindness is truly good for the soul.
3. I grew up in NY and went into the city often. When I was a teen I would sometimes get turned around when I came out of the subway. Someone always noticed my confusion and asked if I needed help. NY gets a bad rap IMHO. When we moved to the DC area, that never happened, yet the newscasters always put down New Yorkers.

Happy Sunday Friends :wave:

#1 - Smoke Detectors - my DH is a retired volunteer firefighter, so we have several smoke detectors throughout the house.

#2 - Cardinal Decorations - I love cardinals and DD20 has given me beautiful light up decorations that run on a battery (they are hard to describe). I love these so much and think of my grandma (RIP) every time I look at them.

#3 - Remote Control - I especially know how grateful I am for them when I sit down to watch TV and the batteries in the remote need to be changed. It’s like ugghhhh :headache: , now I need to get up to change the batteries. You realize real quick how grateful you are for a working TV remote.

Happy Sunday!

Hug, Slo and definitely smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. My 100 1/2 friend Sue was saved by God through a carbon monoxide detector. She had an unkown gas leak. He made sue she was ok.

Lanterns are so handy when the power goes out.

My car just got a new battery.

Cell phones and also this recliner chair I'm sitting in.

OMG I should buy stock in a battery company the way I go through these things !!

Clocks - I have a clock in almost every room in my house from big ones to small

Light up candles - no flames to worry about with your pets - but these candles eat batteries because I’m not gonna walk around my house turning them off and on I just leave them on

Remote controls / computer mouse
Something you use every day

Smoke detectors - hope I never have any need for this because that would mean my houses is on fire 🔥

Fairy lights in my lanterns

Kindness

On a day trip last autumn, I had a car problem and had to pull over somewhere random. A man happened to walk by at just that moment and he sorted out the issue temporarily, saving my trip. He also advised me what to do to fix it properly. I was so fortunate.

A long time ago, I did a solo trip to WDW. I booked it through Disney and stayed onsite. The CM who dealt with my booking really thought about what would be a good experience for me and organized the perfect resort, building and, even, specific room. I loved the location!

I know there are lots of little ones, but I can't bring them to mind! It makes me think I should journal them or something, to balance out all the bad news thrown at us all the time and remind me that that bad news is nowhere near the whole story.

Things with Batteries

Cordless vacuum. Life-changing!!!!

Torches. We don't need them often, but when we do...

Remote controls. How I take those for granted!!!

And, special mention for Christmas lights. The kinds with batteries that have timers. Each year, I add more! Probably my favorite part of Christmas decor.

Acts of kindness…

Honestly, I’m too emotionally distraught right now to think in specifics. We’ve got a really serious issue that’s come up that has the makings of being a long term nightmare. So when it comes to acts of kindness, I’m grateful for the shoulders I’ve been able to cry on, the ears I’ve been able to vent to, and the various people and groups that have taken the time to publish information online…not out of obligation, but to just help empower regular people faced with big ugly situations.

Batteries…

Car, Phone, LED lantern

Acts of kindness…

Honestly, I’m too emotionally distraught right now to think in specifics. We’ve got a really serious issue that’s come up that has the makings of being a long term nightmare. So when it comes to acts of kindness, I’m grateful for the shoulders I’ve been able to cry on, the ears I’ve been able to vent to, and the various people and groups that have taken the time to publish information online…not out of obligation, but to just help empower regular people faced with big ugly situations.

Batteries…

Car, Phone, LED lantern
It doesn't seem right to 'like' your post, but I don't want to ignore it, either. I'm sorry you're going through something so difficult and upsetting. I hope it turns out better than you are currently thinking. Gratitude group hug. :grouphug:

It doesn't seem right to 'like' your post, but I don't want to ignore it, either. I'm sorry you're going through something so difficult and upsetting. I hope it turns out better than you are currently thinking. Gratitude group hug. :grouphug:

:hug: @TiggerTrigger - and exactly what Tink said

Thank you! I do appreciate it. I understand not wanting to like it and I really do thank you for the heartfelt replies. 🫶

Acts of kindness…

Batteries…

Car, Phone, LED lantern

I want to offer hugs. I didn't remember that we only have like and heart. We need the care emoji like FB has.

:grouphug:

Batteries:

Definitely my computer mouse. I seem to forget to turn off my wireless mouse and need to replace the battery too often.

Remote batteries. That is a drag when they stop working.

My favorite Christmas snowglobe needs a battery replacement about every 4-5 days since I let it run nonstop in season. It's so beautiful with a Christmas tree & red cardinals and snowflakes that shimmer. It sits on our fireplace mantel and I just love to see it glowing at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter