Three Things...Gratitude Thread

Any three is hard, lol. How to narrow down my incredible number of blessings.....

My husband who is my life partner, vacation buddy and biggest supporter. We still enjoy being together which is nice after 37 yrs of marriage and 40 years of knowing each other.

My three sons who bring me such joy and pride in watching them succeed in adulthood.

Music. One of the most incredible things that came from the Pandemic is connecting to a wonderful group of internet friends through our common love of music. FB live and Twitch saved our sanity when we were stuck at home with nothing to do and nowhere to go. Since that time, we have had 3 actual meets with these great friends who came from as far as British Columbia, Colorado, Florida, California and NY to meet up and see live music together in DC. I feel so fortunate for every one of them. We are all so very different and at different places in our lives, but music is the ultimate connector. 🎶 😍

Any 3 for Wacky Wednesday

It's been a sad couple of days because a national radio presenter died suddenly. It's hard to explain, here, why he was particularly special, but, he's left a hole that he filled, uniquely, for 40 years. It feels like a more direct loss, even though it's not, maybe because radio is with you, in your car, in your home at any time. It's more personal, somehow. Anyway, I am so grateful for his heart, his skill and his humor and for all that he gave us so consistently, for such a long time.

I recently got a discount code for my favorite essential oils. Very appreciative of that!

Old friends. New friends. Friends who reach out. Friends I can laugh with. Friends I can be quiet with. Friends I can encourage and support and be supported and encouraged by. Thoughtful friends. :hug:

Last edited:
More things to be grateful for? This thread and the daily polls. Such heartfelt thanks to @PolyannaMom and @slo for my daily dose of serenity. I have been checking the Controversial Topics thread- mostly reading, some posting- and I find I have a heavy heart after reading how polarly-opposite many of us are. It's comforting to come back to the Gratitude thread and the Slo-polls, where people are as genuinely kind and interesting as I like to believe we are.

We are forming a SVdP conference in our parish. (St Vincent DePaul) I belonged in Ohio for over 20 years, and was sad there wasn’t a conference here in Cape May. Well, now there is one. We are getting organized and will begin scheduling call takers at the next meeting. There is a need.

Tom, my DH. We met in 1966, and have been married since 1968. With, Gus our Black and Tan Coon Hound (12 today🎂) we enjoy our home in Cape May, NJ. Tom had a heart attack on December 8, 2023, and so, it was brought home that each day is a special gift. Until then, paying bills was largely his job, but he has patiently helped me develop a system of paying bills that I understand. Also, he’s joined me in joining the SVdP conference.

The gift of having relationships with my grandchildren. It wasn’t always the case. Now, one grand daughter in particular keeps in touch by texting. I am grateful for all our extended family.

My 3 things are not things :)
My husband and best friend for over 40 years. I am especially grateful that he was by my side, driving me to appointments and encouraging me, when I went through cancer in 2019. To top it off, he wanted to go to WDW to celebrate when I was cancer-free, just the 2 of us. :)
My daughter, my one and only. She has gone through some tough times and is on a path filled with love and good health now. I am proud of the adult and loving mom that she has become And so grateful that she only lives a half hour away!!
My one and only granddaughter who gives my life purpose (I retired from teaching in 2018). She is a joy and our lives are filled with love and so much laughter!
To sum up and make them “things”
1. Friendship
2. Love
3. Laughter

More things to be grateful for? This thread and the daily polls. Such heartfelt thanks to @PolyannaMom and @slo for my daily dose of serenity. I have been checking the Controversial Topics thread- mostly reading, some posting- and I find I have a heavy heart after reading how polarly-opposite many of us are. It's comforting to come back to the Gratitude thread and the Slo-polls, where people are as genuinely kind and interesting as I like to believe we are.
I’m so glad that you enjoy the polls and PollyannaMom’s thread. You’re right, they are both a place where people are kind and there’s no drama. I haven’t looked at the controversial topics area and I probably won’t, because like you said, it’ll probably leave me heavy hearted and I don’t want that. I like having a happy heart with happy people ❤️

For me, it's not even the snark or whatever. That frustrates me, but I can handle that. It's just that it seems we are so diametrically opposed. I know most people have some common ground on most things, but that doesn't seem to be the situation once Politics and Washington are in the picture.

ANYHOW... I didn't mean to derail @PollyannaMom 's gratitude thread. Once again, though, thank you all for being a calming, balancing influence in my life. Let's leave this here and go back to the things for which we are grateful! <3

🤣🤣🤣 funny this is our topic today I just got into a knockdown drag out fight with somebody about women in society and how they are treated this week and I’m still mad about it!! Needless to say this person had very misogynistic attitudes towards women and their function and roles I’ll just say in life let’s just say he was really good about putting us in cute little boxes 😡😡

Gloria Steinem
Eleanor Roosevelt
Frida Kahlo

Good Thursday Morning Friends :wave:

#1 - My Grandma (RIP) - she helped raise me to be the strong woman I am today. She was the strongest woman I know and when I question how I should handle something, I think of her and what she would do, and I have my answer. She was the matriarch of our family and is missed every day.

#2 - My Mom - we are incredibly different people, but we accept and love our differences. She is the person I share almost everything with, and she is always there to help me with whatever I need. She‘s a wonderful lady.

#3 - My 2 Neighbors - we have only 3 houses on this street, and the 3 of us families have been neighbors for about 20 years. I’m grateful to the ladies of the other 2 houses for being women that I always trusted with my girls. They have been a major part of my girls lives and are almost like family. Having neighbors like this are pretty rare and I’m forever grateful to them.

Mary, Mother of God. No words other than heartfelt thanks.

My beloved late Grandma Dolores who will always be the person I think of as my Mom. She was an incredible fiery spirit of love and protection, care. God gave me her and my Grandpa Sam, too.

My friend Sue from church who is 100 1/2 years old young is an inspiration of faith and fun. Same with another mutual friend of both Sue and I, Ruth, who will be 98 tomorrow. I am so blessed to call them both my friend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter