Three Things...Gratitude Thread

Voodoo daquiris at Lafitte's!
Also, I completely forgot that my junior prom dress was lilac! It was VERY early 70s: Lilac lace, lined with lilac lining, scoop neck, sheer lace sleeves with a ruffle at the edge of the sleeve, 3 or 4 lacings of elastic around the middle of the bodice, with a 6" lace ruffle around the bottom. I loved it, and remember it quite fondly.

Fond memories of other purple rooms I’ve had over the years

Thanks for the reminder! - My mom had light purple in our kitchen when I was really little. It was hard to find accessories back then, but much easier now.

4 purple roses left from a larger bouquet. I'm not sure why they lasted longer than the others, but I trimmed them shorter and put them in a smaller vase, and I'm still enjoying them. 🙂💐

The little Dove dark chocolates in my candy dish have purple wrappers.

Purple

Ribena 🍇 (It's a branded blackcurrant cordial, which you dilute with water. I prefer it with hot water.) (Also, I know that's a picture of grapes, but there wasn't an emoji for blackcurrants!!!)

Purple Rain 🎵

Lavender plants I love lavender in the garden (the scent and the color).

Short and sweet today, I'm recovering from yesterday's Super Bowl. 🏈:cheer2: It didn't finish 'til 4.45am here and with the excitement I wasn't asleep 'til about 5.30am.

Thanks for the reminder! - My mom had light purple in our kitchen when I was really little. It was hard to find accessories back then, but much easier now.

4 purple roses left from a larger bouquet. I'm not sure why they lasted longer than the others, but I trimmed them shorter and put them in a smaller vase, and I'm still enjoying them. 🙂💐

The little Dove dark chocolates in my candy dish have purple wrappers.
My Ghirardelli 72’s are purple too! I might not have put WDW’s purples had I seen your post before I made mine :)

1. Everything Prince- His signature color was purple. While I like Prince, I have a dear friend that loves him. She has a lot of health and personal struggles. Everything with him and the color purple brings a lot of peace, joy and sanity to her life... which helps give us more her in our lives.
Very nice comments about your friend. Along with @Tink-osophy I really liked the movie Purple Rain. Prince was a bit strange but he was an amazing songwriter, musician, and performer. He made it look so easy and was such a great talent.

I’ve always tried to make birthday a big deal - your own personal holiday
Thanksgiving has always been a favorite and then the Black Friday shopping many fond memories
Summer holidays and either doing things around the house or going camping either way some disaster was bound to happen 🤣🤣🤣 but it was making memories

Happy Fat Tuesday! :wave:

#1 - Holidays - we host them all. I’m always grateful to celebrate with our family.

#2 - Birthdays - we always make each others birthdays special. We just celebrated my MIL’s bday on Sunday 2/11.

#3 - Halloween - we always go to our neighbor‘s house for chili and hot dogs. Three houses get together and we all bring food. We’ve been doing this for about 15 years now.

Mardi Gras-we lived about half a block from the suburban parade route for 17 years. Our house was parade central. Nice to host family and friends and nice for them to have a place to relax and go to the rest room lol.

Christmas- love Christmas music, the lights and the magic.

Halloween-fun, colorful and extra bonus that our youngest was born just after Halloween- we had many elaborate Halloween themed birthday parties for her. She even named the dog she adopted in 2020 Pumpkin. .

Last edited:
Laissez les bons temps rouler!

Mardi Gras- My sister has lived in NOLA or the immediate suburbs for 40 years, and we've been to Mardi Gras several times. SUCH FUN!!

Thanksgiving- Probably my favorite holiday. Lots of cooking and getting together with family and friends, without the stress of Christmas.

Graduation- I love to go to graduation at UMaine, even when I don't personally know a graduate (although I know many of the names; a lot of students come through my labs). I feel graduation shows the fulfillment of the University's mission. I always encourage my students to "walk" in graduation, even if they think it's silly or a waste of time. First, it's gonna make their parents proud, and I don't think that's a "big ask" for the student. SEcondly, even if you think it's silly, you've earned this right. You might scoff now, but you don't want to be 40 and wish you'd done it. This is a one-time deal, no do-overs in the future.

Today's Topic (Tues, 2/13) - 3 celebrations you're grateful for

Easter - a celebration of renewal and hopefulness. I always love seeing all the ladies in hats at church and the little kids all dressed up in spring colors. It's a happy time. When my boys were little we would have epic Easter egg hunts that lasted for days! The grand prize egg always contained a $20 bill and the kids were so excited.

Weddings - I adore weddings and wedding receptions. Everyone is always dressed in their best and seem so happy.

Fourth of July barbeques and spending time with friends. If the night ends with fireworks, it's even better. Sometimes the fireworks displays get moved to the closest weekend in our area. I prefer them to actually occur on the 4th.

I sincerely pray to celebrate in some way every day, give God thanks for it!

Any celebration that extra grows my faith and my spirit in service to God, Tomorrow begins the Holy Season of Lent for me. Easter and Christmas for sure,

As I get older, birthdays especially dad's and the sheer blessing we recently had if celebrating together have come to mean a ton more to me.

Thanksgiving is an extra time for me to give thanks to God in general and for those He has trusted me to love and care for including each of you, I am not a traditional Halloween fan at all so just Thanksgiving :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter