Three Things...Gratitude Thread

Very glad I found this thread! (Hi bobbiwoz!) I suffer from anxiety and sometimes I forget how focusing on being grateful helps with that.
3 things that start with K:
1. My DD
2. Kidani: we had a wonderful stay there and I love the memory of my DGD yelling Hey Giraffe! from our balcony
3. Kindle app on my phone and iPad. It’s something I look forward to every day.

1. Our collection of framed New Orleans Jazz festival posters. Colorful, fun, and reminds me of each of our days at the fairgrounds listening to live music
2. The used but in good condition trumpet that my husband purchased form a local church from Facebook Marketplace. Decor for the table behind our couch in line with our decorating theme.
3. Having had the good fortune to attend a Jimmy Buffet and the Coral Reefers’ concert at the New Orleans World’s Fair in 1984, as well as seeing them at the Jazz festival several times over the years. We miss you, Jimmy.

Welcome from me as well to all newcomers :)

Traditional, reverently quiet Christmas music is my favorite.

Memories of being in God's choir at church. If it is His will, I'd love to be part of a church choir again.

Dad loves classical music and is very knowledgeable about it. Not for me. It brings him joy so it does me too for that.

Christmas Music - absolutely love it - having gone to Disney multiple times at Christmas it holds special memories

Concerts - I’ve been to so many concerts each one lots of memories that I was able to go Because these days are so expensive that I don’t go to as many as I used to

Sirius / Jango - I love listening to all types of music and with both of these I can one of my car one of my job - I often ask my coworker what do you wanna listen to today? We may have beach type music on or we may have Africana or we may be jamming the 90s are we maybe listening to big bands swing music you never know what we’re listening to Very grateful that we have music at our fingertips

Trigger Tigger:hug:Kroger=Ralphs here. We go there a couple times at least weekly. I prefer and dad does too a lot of their brand products! Glad you also like their store.

That’s one reason we love Kroger. We can travel many places and get Kroger products and discounts through their other stores. King Soopers and City Market are our Kroger go-to’s when we’re in Colorado.

Katmai !!! I LOVE BEARS 🐻 I love the WebCams so I can watch the Bears so much that I have them named in my Will - specifically for Katmai and the bear cams I would love to go there I absolutely love Alaska and I was over the moon so happy that I got to see Bears it was so funny everybody’s running away on the it was like a boardwalk we were on the Bears and I am running towards them we are in this big field and we were on this boardwalk raised boardwalk and people were freaking out because there was a mother and her two cubs and they are running in the opposite direction and I am like running towards the Bears because I wanted to see them and then another part we were at we got to see a mother with three baby bears and they were like really young I just absolutely love bears they’re within 10 miles of my house been spotted I’m really hoping someday I see one of my backyard!! I just think they’re so adorable !! they’re smart too!! I so enjoy watching them on the WebCams explore has a lot of WebCams you can watch all kinds of stuff on them ! Katmai is the most remote national park we have
And I would love to go and stay in camp there!!

I have a friend that “won” the Brooks Falls lottery a year ago and will be staying at the lodge this summer. Im excited to live vicariously through her journey. I can’t see myself being more than a day tripper if we ever get to go. As cute as the bears are, some of the videos make me wonder if I’d be too anxious to enjoy for more than a few hours. I know that the campground has an electric fence, but supposedly the mama bears with cubs know they’re safer near humans when it comes to some boars. There’s also that video of 747 strolling by visitors where you really get an appreciation of his size. Heck, even the planes that have to wait to unload because of bears at the water gives me some pause. Still, I want to see it and it’s getting to the point that a day trip is the better bargain. Are you in the Facebook group? I’m always amused by some of the obsessions over certain bears and saddened by the cubs that don’t make it. One day!

Wow, I just found this thread. This is an awesome idea! Anyway…

John Williams - I was curious to see which cool new artist I had played the most in 2023, and it was…John Williams by a mile 😂
My music/band/percussion kids all willingly listen to it in the car with me so that’s a win. And speaking of…

University of Alabama School of Music - I’ve got a sophomore percussion kid there and it’s awesome!

Apple Music/Spotify - I love going down rabbit holes of new (to me) music.

1. My voice- I haven’t performed in nearly 19 years, but singing is such a big part of me. I started college as a voice performance major, but found I was losing love for it when I had to be immersed in it all the time. I kept training on the side and sang with the city’s symphony (while working full time in another industry) until I got burned out.
2. iTunes/Spotify- While I don’t like it when music I’ve purchased disappears due to licensing changes, I love having my music with me all the time. I’ve been trying to avoid buying everything I love of late. Before I got rid of Sirius, I used it to help me make a massive Spotify playlist so that I had something free with everything I’ve ever heard and even just kind of liked. The list is equivalent to about a week and a half of solid music. I did not include classical, broadway, Disney, etc in it because those are a different musical mindset for me.
3. The artists/composers- From everything classical and musical theater to the contemporary that have brought me things like rock, pop and jazz…they have all enriched my life.

Only 3?? This is tough because music has been a huge part of my life.
1. The guitar that my husband was carrying on the train coming home from a gig on the night we met. We talked music (and baseball) and have been together ever since ( almost 45 years)
2. Every live performance that I have ever been to in every genre, classical, jazz, folk music festivals, The Who at The Met in NYC, Pete Seeger on the Hudson River, Laura Nyro, the Decemberists, the 4 Tops in 1968, I could list so many and I’ve probably forgotten my favorites!
3. The Beatles, experiencing Beatlemania and all the connections I’ve made with other Beatles fans. Since my 4th would be singing with others, I will sneak that in here; singing the harmony parts in all the Beatles tunes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter