Three Things...Gratitude Thread

...I fancy some popcorn now!! Do you have yours sweet or salty? popcorn::

I love some hot caramel popcorn. There is this wonderful place in Maryland's Ocean City on the Boardwalk called "Fisher's Popcorn" - OMG! It is sooo good and the aroma can be smelled for blocks and blocks! They pack it up in tubs and when you get it home you have to break it up into chunks! My mouth is watering just remembering....

Good Saturday Morning! :wave:

#1 - Planting flowers - I’m planting less every year, but I enjoy planting what I plant.

#2 - Floating in my pool - June can’t come soon enough - LOL!

#3 - Watching DD20’s softball games - First game is 2/17 outside in northern Indiana. It’ll be cold, it’ll be miserable, but seeing my girl on the field is priceless. We have only a few seasons left until her softball career comes to an end so I’ll treasure every moment ❤️🥎

Walks in all their forms - I walk with my neighbor in the summer when she's off from teaching, I did one of those organized New Year's Day hikes this year, and I even love just "walking" the cats in the yard. - Fresh air and sunshine is my thing! (even when it's cold)

Picnics - I have fond memories of picnics as a kid, and should really do that more often!
Going to the beach :beach:

Bonus - I'm grateful that I don't mind shoveling snow. I know some people hate it, and some can't physically do it, so I'm grateful that I can. I think it stems from good memories of helping my Dad shovel when I was a kid.

God's blessing of being able if it is,His will for me to go outside again, walk, and get out with health and ease.

God willing also being involved with kids in some way that may in warmer weather be in part outdoors.

God willing one day taking a Dodger Stadium tour and going to Disneyland with dad. Other local outdoor fun ideas, too.

1. Walking/hiking- While I avoid it when it’s too hot or cold and have more medical limitations these days, I love getting out in nature. My national park obsession fits into this one.
2. Snorkeling/diving- I’m not a beach person, but I sure do enjoy exploring what’s in the water.
3. Softball- We’re beginning our 11th year as softball parents for DD15. It’s been such a journey and we don’t know what the future holds, but we know that it will involve lots of dirt and turf outside. We’re in that part where it’s all about heaters, weather pods, snuggies, and Hot Hands BUT it won’t be long before we’re talking about covered bleachers, canopies, and who’s got the best fan. Not to mention all of the debates on what’s worse… being outside in the 30s-40s vs. 105+ degree heat.

(Sat, 1/20) - 3 outdoor activities you're grateful for

1. Playing tennis - I don't play as often anymore, but love it!
2. Walks around the neighborhood - waiting for it to warm up a bit!
3. Going to the beach - I think that's why DH and I love cruises so much - we get a new beach every day!

I am not an outdoor person, so bear with me here:

Walking on the beach.

I used to like camping in a pine woods, and still enjoy walking thru a pine forest, on a needle-carpeted pathway.

Driving with the car windows open, heat cranking, radio blasting (ok, this one is a reach).

I love some hot caramel popcorn. There is this wonderful place in Maryland's Ocean City on the Boardwalk called "Fisher's Popcorn" - OMG! It is sooo good and the aroma can be smelled for blocks and blocks! They pack it up in tubs and when you get it home you have to break it up into chunks! My mouth is watering just remembering....

I didn't even know popcorn was served salty til I had it as a kid in WDW! I wasn't keen at that point, probably because my taste buds were geared up for something sweet. I must try it again one of these days!!! In the meantime, it's sweet popcorn for me.

Outdoor activity: -

* Relaxing cycling (i.e. not fighting with traffic!). It's like a meditation.

* Walking/hiking. Especially, near a body of water. Or, around a city I'm exploring.

* Visiting outdoor venues. ...You know, like wandering around a WDW resort. ...Or, in the UK, we have an organization called The National Trust (responsible for "heritage conservation") and they caretake hundreds of historic properties and gardens/land. I love walking around the grounds at these places.

If you're ever in Wales, England, Scotland or Northern Ireland, I highly recommend checking them out. Agatha Christie's Devon home overlooking the sea is one of their properties.

greenway-house-garden-river-winter-devon-1209058.jpg

Good Saturday Morning! :wave:

#2 - Floating in my pool - June can’t come soon enough - LOL!
This must be so relaxing. :thumbsup2
Bonus - I'm grateful that I don't mind shoveling snow. I know some people hate it, and some can't physically do it, so I'm grateful that I can. I think it stems from good memories of helping my Dad shovel when I was a kid.
Maybe, because we don't often get snow, but I quite like shoveling snow, too! :thumbsup2 I kept to 3 this time, but my 4th would have been yard work, generally.

Last edited:
I know there is always a Day for this and a Day for that but it seems odd that January would be selected for Take a Walk outdoors Day, lol.

Today's Topic (Sat, 1/20) - 3 outdoor activities you're grateful for

I love riding my bicycle and there are miles and miles of trails here and they are mostly flat.

I love swimming/floating/relaxing in the pool.

I love leaf-peeping in the fall. There is something that smells so crisp and fresh in the fall when the leaves start to turn and it's just so darn beautiful to boot.

To those of you still enjoying your teens/young adults playing sports, I'm so jealous. Hold on to those precious days as they go by so fast. I think I miss my son's pitching more than he does. He played tball, little league, high school and through his 4 years of college and then just quit cold turkey when he graduated and got a job. He said 18 years was plenty, lol. Now he golfs.

Last edited:
3. Softball- We’re beginning our 11th year as softball parents for DD15. It’s been such a journey and we don’t know what the future holds, but we know that it will involve lots of dirt and turf outside. We’re in that part where it’s all about heaters, weather pods, snuggies, and Hot Hands BUT it won’t be long before we’re talking about covered bleachers, canopies, and who’s got the best fan. Not to mention all of the debates on what’s worse… being outside in the 30s-40s vs. 105+ degree heat.
Ah, I can totally relate. Our son played on a select baseball team for many years with the same coaches, kids and we had the very same conversations. When it came time for basketball with this same group we always laughed and said "at least we are in a nice warm gym" Cheers

*waves* Hello. I'm back. No real reason I've been gone. Just kept getting "too late" to do this. But I did have to buy myself a new laptop on a somewhat urgent basis a couple of weeks ago. I could blame that, too. But really? Just me being like, "Oh, I've been away for so long, one more day won't matter" type of thing. But.I'm still here.

Anyway, I'm just going to "start from scratch" and just do today's topic.

(Sat, 1/20) - 3 outdoor activities you're grateful for
1. Swinging
2. Picnics
3. Recumbent triking! (Not something I would have said even a year ago)
Okay. Bonus answer after seeing one of the other answers. I was thinking of activities that I personally do, but I've got to add baseball to the list.

In other news...
My mom is going GREAT! Basically the only thing she's not doing is walking 3 to 5 miles a day. But she's been without any assistive devices for... about a month? And has been walking at the rec center and walking around the block. So glad she's recovered so well!

And... be praying for a kid I know, K (PM me if you want is full first name. Just trying to protect privacy since this is a public board). I've mentioned him on here a few times. I work with him one-on-one at my church's Awana program. The past few weeks, he's been having heart issues where his heart isn't beating correctly. He's supposed to have surgery on Tuesday to replace the battery in his pacemaker, and they might need to replace the leads as well. He has a rare genetic disorder, which makes any surgery and anesthesia a bit more risky. This kid tells me "I love you" almost every week, and the feeling is mutual! I hate seeing him go thorough stuff like this.

1) Golf - anytime of the year but of course prefer the warmer months. Nothing better than playing a round with my now DS18 who has grown into a fine young man and a much better golfer than his old man. Only after taking up the game a little over 2+ years he carries a 4 handicap.

2) Beach - visiting the OR Coast as we have done for nearly 30 yrs. Cannon Beach is amazing, Haystack Rock, the slower pace and just relaxing with the family. So many memories of the kiddos playing in the sand, trying to eat the sand :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter