Three Things...Gratitude Thread

Dogs 🐶
Bears 🐻
Horses 🐎
I should mention my pesky deer 🦌 friends - it’s so cute every night on our final nightly potty run my dog stops and does a full search looking for the deer 🦌 and doesn’t stop until I tell him they are not out tonight or tell him where the deer are hiding ! This also includes our resident rabbit family too !
He’s always looking for them !!!

I'm going with 3 whole animal categories I'm grateful for -

All my pet cats (2 currently and 3 more over the years) and the love and cuddles they've shared with me.

All the internet animals I follow on Instagram, who make me smile and laugh.

The animals in zoos and aquariums that I've been lucky enough to see and learn about up close.

The dogs and cats who have been in my life and those who have belonged to my family and friends. Especially T&T who have made my friend Joyce’s life bearable since Jack has passed.

1703680019678.jpeg

Manatees, I hope these gentle animals always are around.

Giraffes, my favorite animals to watch at AKV, Jambo and Kidani.

Happy Wednesday :wave:

Quickie Answers today….

#1 - The different birds in my yard - especially Cardinals

#2 - Our Dogs (RIP) - I have a feeling we may get a puppy more sooner than later

#3 - Deer - I love watching them next to my house

Giraffe- my favorite animal. I'll do the safari at AK multiple times, just to see the giraffe again!

Cats- especially Potter and Weasley, the littermates we got from my MIL one Thanksgiving. We had them until they were 17 (Potter) and 20 (Weasley) and they filled DD's childhood (an only child) with companionship and love. They were funny boys and we still miss them a LOT.

Raccoons- except when they are getting into our trash bins! Such funny little guys, almost human with those "hands" of theirs.

Dogs especially memories of dear Champ
Deer and this time of year reindeer
pooh:

ETA:

Thank you all again always for your friendships and kindly helping to make my dad's birthday postcard surprise so meaningful. I have over 200 postcards for this! By God's grace and the kindness of so many people including a lot of dear you, He connected to participate in this, I have greetings from family and or friends in all 50 states and even some countries! Such a blessing.

I do have extra blank postcards from the below states. Should you or anyone you know live in that state and would be willing to PM me a birthday greeting for my dad I would appreciate it tremendously. I will copy/paste your message into Word, print it out, and then paste it onto the back of the extra postcard. No snail mail on your part needed. Please PM me by the end of this week. Thank you so much. God Bless You. Hugs!

Alaska (I have 2 postcards)

Idaho

Kansas

Louisiana

Maine

Massachusetts

Michigan

Minnesota

Missouri

Montana (I have 3 postcards)

New Jersey

Nevada

Last edited:
In many places, today is know as Boxing Day, inspiring...

Todays Topic (Tues, 12/26) - 3 things you're grateful for that come in boxes
I called it Unboxing day as I unpacked quite a few boxes from our move. :)

Anyway, things I am grateful for that come in boxes:

1. Anything Amazon
2. Chocolate, I got a box of See's for Christmas, YUM!
3. Frozen Pizza! It has saved many a night when I didn't feel like cooking!

Inspired by all those Chewy answers, and also View attachment 820635 -

Today's Topic (Wed (12/27) - 3 animals you're grateful for

(Individual ones, whole species, whatever...)
1. Dogs (companions)
2. Elephants (majestic and powerful)
3. Horses (transportation and companionship)

This is a hard one because I do love animals, and so many more than I listed.

John Dye especially, Roma Downey, and Della Reese, who I was blessed to know for a while. Touched by an Angel actors.

I am thankful for many of Chris Tomlin's quieter worship songs.

Lighter note, Bob Barker made a kind difference to animals and brought fun and comfort to so many including dad and I for so very many years.

Animals:
1. Nala—our dog, named after Simba’s partner in The Lion King.
2. Childhood dogs—Daisy, Casey and Mickey.
3. My dad’s dog Olive—given him a purpose after my mom’s passing.

Entertainers:
1. Dolly Parton—not really a big fan of country music but I liked her big donation to fund vaccine research during the pandemic. I think she is often generous with her money.
2. Garth Brooks—still not a country fan (but my DH is) and we went to a concert of his and it is probably the best show I have ever seen.
3. Taylor Swift—she was a first concert for my girls many years ago and her most recent show was a great day in 2023 for our family.

Happy January 28th, everyone!! ❤️party:❤️

3 Artists/Entertainers

It was hard sticking to 3 animals yesterday, I don't know I have enough self-control left today!! 😉🤣

Michael Ball
John Williams (always!)
Doris Day
James Stewart
Robin Williams
Sandra Bullock
The cast of FRIENDS
George Michael
Freddie Mercury
Sam Ryder
Eric Morecambe & Ernie Wise
Judi Dench
Michael Caine
Bruno Mars...

Well, that ran away from me!!!!!

STING ❤️❤️❤️
Robin Williams ❤️❤️❤️
John Cusack
Billy Crystal
Brilliant!

Entertainers:
1. Dolly Parton—not really a big fan of country music but I liked her big donation to fund vaccine research during the pandemic. I think she is often generous with her money.
2. Garth Brooks—still not a country fan (but my DH is) and we went to a concert of his and it is probably the best show I have ever seen.
3. Taylor Swift—she was a first concert for my girls many years ago and her most recent show was a great day in 2023 for our family.
Oh, yes Dolly and Taylor! And on the same 'note' (;)) Kylie Minogue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter