Three Things...Gratitude Thread

Tears For Fears ...Everybody Wants to Rule the World! 🎶

Typewriter ...I had one for Christmas as a child. All my thank you letters were typed (slowly :D) that year!

Tenby (on the coast of Wales) ...I haven't been for years, but just look at this

cb437c41-225c-474e-9fc8-19050abc454e-675213793tenbylead.jpg

Today is National Cupcake Day

https://nationaltoday.com/national-cupcake-day/

So for Today's Topic (Thurs, 12/15) let's do sweet treats we're grateful for...
You know where to hit me, don't you?

1. Cheesecake. We had an amazing version of it while on vacation in Belize. it was less sweet, so now that's my thing. I made this (link) no bake recipe recently, and paired it with this sauce (link) that I added spiced pecans (link) (but skipped the cumin in it, and used aleppo pepper instead of cayenne).
20221129_200237.jpg

2. Pecan pie. I use the one linked in #1 for the spiced pecans. The bourbon I use varies, depending on what we have on hand; sometimes it's whiskey, sometimes bourbon.
20221123_190827.jpg

3. I love pumpkin cookies and cream cheese icing. I use this recipe (link) to make them into whoopie pies, because these are so soft; I do whip the cream cheese until it's more of a fluffy texture, rather than a silky one. I like to add (surprise) the spiced pecans from #1, to add some texture.

20220922_121840.jpg

Sweet things

1. My granny's pound cake when she was alive
2. Chocolate eclair with the Graham crackers, pudding, and chocolate on top
3. My cookies. Patting myself on the back a tiny bit...I've been asked to sell them!

Happy Thursday...warm, dry thoughts to everyone! Today is going to be the pits.

Well, I have quite the sweet tooth so keeping this at 3 is impossible.

My homemade apple crumb pie, blueberry pie, cherry pie
My homemade decorated sugar cookies, chocolate chip cookies, shortbread cookies, thumbprint cookies
Cake...chocolate with chocolate fudge frosting or ganache or fondant and my
Pina colada cake made with vanilla cake, pineapple chunks, coconut cream, and cool whip
Lemon bars I make for Easter
Candy...Jelly beans, Twix, Reeses Peanut butter cups, Swedish Fish, Gummy Bears, Godiva chocolate, Sees Candy, Twizzlers, dark chocolate, milk chocolate, white chocolate, but my all-time favorite, Swedish chocolate.
Dunkin Donuts...French Cruller, glazed or chocolate glazed Munchkins
Entenmanns...apple strudel, chocolate frosted doughnuts, pound cake
New York Cheesecake

Dear God...no wonder I have to be on NOOM!!!

Sweets

The chocolate custard eclairs they had when I was growing up. The ones I try now don’t really measure up, but hope springs eternal, so I still order them.

Mr Goodbars

Boston Fruit Slices… I found them on line and they are individually wrapped so I can share!

Boston Fruit Slices… I found them on line and they are individually wrapped so I can share!
Oh my gosh, I love those!! I remember buying them with my allowance or babysitting money as a teen.

Other sweet treats I am grateful for:

Hostess snowballs - they are my comfort sweet, the thing my mom used to get me when I needed cheering up, and the thing I buy myself in anticipation of hard days (like dropping DS off at college!)

Peppermint Milanos - I buy them for myself at Christmastime and hide them behind healthy stuff so nobody else eats them 😆

Ice Cream - I am always grateful for summer family time going to the ice cream stand (and for ice cream truck memories when all the neighborhood kids were little.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter