Three Things...Gratitude Thread

Good Tuesday Morning!

My topic today is my house…..

I love my house and I’ve loved it from the minute I pulled into the driveway before we owned it. Once I stepped inside, I told my DH that we have to have this house.

#1 - It’s a quad level - It’s a traditional quad level from the 90s. It’s big enough to be spacious but not to big. I never wanted a super large house.

#2 - It’s location - It’s at the end of a dead end and next to a forest, so no traffic - it’s quiet and wonderful. In the summer, I sit outside at night in my pajamas and read and nobody sees me. My neighbors might, but that’s ok, they are good friends for over 20 years.

#3 - It has a dining room - this was a requirement for me 20 years ago when we were house shopping. The dining room is great for hosting holidays and birthdays, it was DD20’s high school during COVID (she chose to stay home her entire junior year. The dining room table was a perfect place to set up everything for school) and it’s my quiet place to work on my puzzles.

There’s many other things I love about my house, but I’ll keep it at 3 🙂👍🏻

I’m grateful for the outcome of my divorce
I received most everything I asked for which was:
my house 🏡
All Disney items
All my kitchen items
both of which are extensive!
I’m very grateful and happy I got what I asked for and I can now move forward in peace
I’m grateful I can do what I want how I want in peace I feel truly blessed !!
This sounds bad but it’s not meant that way but for the first time in my life I’m not having to deal with a family member with mental illness on a daily basis and I’m very grateful and blessed I don’t have to live that only people who have experienced this can understand the stress this inflicts daily - I have peace now and I’m very grateful !

1. My husband—he drives me crazy sometimes and we don’t always see eye to eye on everything, but I am glad he is my partner going through this life.
2. Tea—I drink it all day, usually iced but sometimes hot. I drink it plain so no calories. I drink coffee also, but need cream in coffee.
3. Car—I like my car a lot. It’s a 2013 Highlander and it’s comfortable to ride in and comfortable to drive. And very reliable 🤞.

Hugs and Good Morning everyone, I love that many of you also enjoy Candlelight. Please come out here one December so we can view together. Thay would mean so much to me!

Faith! God is my Everything. I pray to be in a tiny way saying thanks to Him day by day.

Dad. Such an additional blessing from God.
Joy! Every day and moment there is good.

Grateful always also for all of you.

1. Portable Apple Carplay/Android Auto Device - DD17s truck is about 10 years old and doesn't have Carplay. We had a dash mount for her phone and she'd been using a lot of voice activated functions, but now she has all of the benefits of Carplay as well as a dash cam. The display is also twice the size of her phone, so it's been great for navigation. Basically mom peace of mind.

2. DD17s Truck - It's actually DHs old truck. We were hoping one of our previous vehicles would last long enough so that it could become the girls' vehicle. It worked out to be his truck. I know there are different schools of thought on safety, but I like that it's a lot of metal around the girls. It's also pretty handy having two pickup trucks when stuff needs to be moved.

3. My current vehicle - Nothing is without issues, but I wound up in my current vehicle after a series of angering and worrisome vehicle issues. In 2019/2020, the mechanic just couldn't figure out how to fix my vehicle and I got tired of being in panic mode in heavy traffic, so I traded it in for what I hoped would be with me for a while. The new vehicle wound up being repurchased by the manufacturer under lemon law standards. It wound up spending 117 days in the shop for an A/C issue they couldn't figure out how to fix. I certainly didn't get any kind of deal on my current vehicle, but I do like it and it's been great for road trips. Next month will be 3 years.

Obviously...I chose a car theme for my "Anything." 🤣

Three things for which I am grateful:

1. That DH doesn't feel we are attached at the hip and have to do everything together. His work schedule has always been very busy and he's always worked more days, and had less flexibility in vacation time, than have I. I am grateful that he doesn't care if I take off to vacation/travel by myself when he can't. So many times people have said "He LETS you drive that far yourself," or "He's letting you go without him?" There's no "letting" about it. He's happy to have me travel on my own when he can't go, and I am grateful for this.

2. My relationship with DD30. We have always, always been close. We never went through any rebellious stages or her being embarrassed to have me around. We are very close and I am so, so grateful and thankful for this. She IS the sunshine of my life and I love her to the moon and beyond.

3. That we are financially stable. We aren't rich, but a long shot, and there are still years when we don't make $100K a year, combined, but we don't have to cut everything to the bare bone just to get by. We've had those years, and they were stressful and challenging. I'm grateful that we can make the $1000 car repair without having to resort to ramen noodles (or drive unsafely until the car dies) and get to take a yearly vacation. We had lots of years when we couldn't do this, when DH and I each worked a full time job AND a part time job. I'm glad we aren't there anymore, and grateful that DH was willing to work 2 and 3 jobs at a time to get us here.

We did have a blast thank you very much :goodvibes
We were in the Disney Bubble to just shop, eat, go through the monorail resports and watch HEA from The Poly beach. Oh…and beignets at POFQ. The main reason for going to Florida was to watch my DD20 play with her college softball team. We return to WDW in December to be in the parks and ring in 2025. Being there for NYE is a bucket list trip for us :goodvibes
I love the resorts about as much as the parks, so that sounds heavenly to me. ☺️

(Mon, 3/25) - 3 Disney things you're grateful for
1. Disney movie music
2. Disney movies (Yes, I know. Super broad. lol)
3. These boards, of course!

(Tues, 3/26) - any 3 things you're grateful for
1. That I get to help lead worship on Easter for the traditional service... Doing some of my favorite hymns. (If you want the info for the live stream, PM me! I'd LOVE to share!)
2. Easter in general
3. This is kind of embarrassing but... since around the age of 5 or so, I've had a bad habit of picking at my skin/scabs, etc. (I know. Gross.) But for the first time in probably 35 years, I am blemish free on my arms and face! I'm sure I'll have some setbacks, (hello summer and mosquito bites!) but I'm going to try and keep it clear as long as I can!

Love doing craft projects- just about any kind really - was a thing to do when we were kids and it’s stuck with me I still enjoy doing them - I’ll see something I like and think I can make that and it won’t cost a fraction of what they are charging !!!

I love refinishing wood furniture!! I’ve picked up items people are throwing away and fixed them up and kept them ! It’s so much fun to take something and make it beautiful again

I wish I could paint ! Sadly I’m horrible at it unless I’m painting walls 🤣🤣 I enjoy looking & buying paintings 🖼️ and so appreciative people who have that talent !!!

Happy Hump Day! :wave:

I’m going with artistic things since I’m not very crafty….

#1 - My girls childhood artwork - I absolutely love it and have saved most of it. Their playroom is still like it was when they were little and a lot of their artwork decorates that room. I keep saying I should take that room and turn it into an office, but I can’t bring myself to do it.

#2 - Other people’s artwork - Doing custom picture framing for 25 years had blessed me with framing many artist’s original pieces. I loved talking with them and hearing their stories about their work. Great memory for me

#3 - My Disney print from WDW - I have a signed & numbered print from WDW that I bought several years ago that hangs in the entry way of my house. This store was in HS and it no longer exists (there’s a Star Wars thing there now). This store was back by Playhouse Disney Live and you could see animators work on their artwork. I wish this was still there - it’s a shame they removed it.

My 3 for scribble day -

I'm grateful to be the "artsy grown-up" in several kids' lives. I used to have the neighbor kids over to do projects when DS was little, I did a ton with the twins when I was watching them full time, and now my cousin's little girls like to do crafty things when they come to my house.

I'm blessed to have been able to visit several different museums, and the one in Boston multiple times.

Seconding @flyingdumbo127 on scrapbooks. I haven't been as diligent with them in the last few years, but I did a lot when DS was young. I'm grateful both for the creative outlet of making them and for the finished product of memories to look back through.

Colored pencils...I just love using them more than any other medium

Wood Flowers-I used them for our bouquets when we got married-being able to dye them whatever colors I wanted really made for a cool look(plus they were just fun to work with)

Paint and sip nights/parties-I love going to these-it's such a fun way to socialize, but still get to go into my own little world while I'm painting

I tend to consider myself more artsy than crafty. My mom is the one with a craft room, sewing machine, knitting supplies, etc.

1. Music - It's really all music...from more modern popular music, the classical stuff that was supposedly my area of strongest ability that led to all kinds of honors/scholarships/elite performance groups/etc., Broadway musicals, art pieces, kiddie songs, Disney music, and even the genres I don't enjoy as much but are filled with talented musicians. As impressed as I am by those that can perform, I cannot begin to express how amazed I am by the people that can compose. I'm usually only looking at the vocals section, but even that is mind boggling when you consider the talent one must possess to write a piece that involves eight choral voice parts, soloists that sometimes function as a chamber music group in harmony with the choir, parts for every single symphonic instrument...including some that divide and conquer with multiple parts to play- like the violins, and you've also got a heap of secondary percussion that can factor in as well. It's just incredible that any one person could do all of this.

2. Hand painted, sculpted and drawn art - From more fan specific things like Mary Blair's concept art and drawings to high art like the Renaissance masters, the Post Impressionist favorites, and the more modern artists in places like the Guggenheim and MOMA. I've always been able to draw and have a connection between sketching and turning sketches into three dimensional sculpted figures, but I've never had the passion to refine my skills. Still, I have so much love for those that had the innate talents to take it to the next level. I'm reminded of visiting the Sistine Chapel and how moved I was to be fully immersed in all of that art ... the stuff I'd only seen in books and movies, that I didn't even realize that I was crying. One of these days, I will get back to Florence and be able to time a trip to the Uffizi. We had such a short window that I couldn't book anything in advance. We waited in line for a while to get in standby, but after an hour we decided to leave the line and see whatever we could of Florence since there was a very strong possibility that we'd never get in.

3. Cake/Confection Artistry - I've gotten better over the years and was even selling cakes for a while. My sketch designs alone were strong enough that even if I couldn't make it, people were paying for my ideas. Still, there are people out there that make such amazing edible art that it's always awe inspiring to see it and see how well I can pull it off at home. Some I just don't even try and view these people that can as true artists (as well as structural engineers and chemists).

Scribble Day! ...It just sounds good, doesn't it?!

✏️🖌️🎨

Photography, especially of nature, landscapes, villages, towns and cities.

Watercolors. ...One day, I'm going to learn how to do watercolor painting myself.

I'm a big fan of simple, but effective craft ideas for birthdays, Christmas etc..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter